[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

6 hours ago, PriusMann said:

@Beale When your gonna add salyut 7 solar panels?

To give a more serious answer, they're interesting and pretty iconic.
I would like to enter a slower phase of development on the spacecraft side (now that all is updated to the current standard of art I think). So things like this would be great.

The only caveat is that it would probably be one part instead of attachable like IRL.

maxresdefault.jpg

Late to the party but just wanted to say that Energia-Buran is such a fun to fly! :o It really has a distinct character compared to the American shuttle. And I didn't know that you can see the "Energia" text from IVA seat...!

ybbLa7m.png

bGflsbI.png

14 hours ago, MangoRises said:

Late to the party but just wanted to say that Energia-Buran is such a fun to fly! :o It really has a distinct character compared to the American shuttle. And I didn't know that you can see the "Energia" text from IVA seat...!

ybbLa7m.png

bGflsbI.png

is it a additional mod or part of tantares? wanna try it out, tell me how.

6 hours ago, VaderExMachina said:

is it a additional mod or part of tantares? wanna try it out, tell me how.

The Buran is from Cormorant Aeronology. It flies really well during decent if you deploy body flap inverted.

It actually includes the craft file "CA - Petrel Orbiter" to work with Tantares LV. But I built my own following the drawing here: http://spacemodels.nuxit.net/buran/index.html

The Energia texture is made by the amazing Drakenex

Hi everybody ! I play with Tantares parts for a few days (awesome work by the way :)) but I have a problem and hope someone here can help me.

I play the historical contract pack on a 2.5 scaled solar system and aim at recreate real missions with BDB and Tantares parts.

I have now to play the LUNA 9 mission, but I don't understand how make the R-7 (Molniya) enough powerfull for that. The Tantares R-7 was already barrely enough powerfull for Vostok and Voskhod missions. Now, if i put more ergol on the second stage, my first stage is not enough powerfull to reach space (since the four lateral boosters gone, my TWR is under 1).

her my craft and my prob :

qjfHVDo.jpg

So... Is there something I don't understand ?

I have no problem with BDB parts, so, maybe Tantares parts are less overpowered than Bluedog ? (2.5 scaled system is too big ?)

Or my craft is just bad ?

It's just not possible to reproduce historical missions with these parts ?

Sorry for my english, and thank you for your help ;)

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Thank your you help !

You are right, I missed the Blok L ^^

But as I said, I can't even go to this step. Since the 4 lateral booster from the first stage are gone, my first stage central booster become out of control and doesn't have enough TWR to take me to the upper atmosphere :/

3 hours ago, Carni35 said:

But as I said, I can't even go to this step. Since the 4 lateral booster from the first stage are gone, my first stage central booster become out of control and doesn't have enough TWR to take me to the upper atmosphere :/

I've also recently started playing a scaled up Kerbin. I do feel like the core stage has a low TWR after separation. In real life it should be from around 1 to above 2, here it is 0.8 to 1.3.

I've seen another mod balancing the Soyuz by giving boosters more fuel, so the core burns much shorter after separation. I see that you have excessive TWR on first stage, maybe you can lower the booster thrust a little? For control just use the "surface mounted gyro".

I also use a different MechJeb ascent trajectory for Tantares R-7 (high flight path angle, high turn shape, aggressive corrective steering when "time to apoapsis" is falling). It would take a 300m/s steering loss but never had problem reaching orbit.

Couple of observations re balance. Basically the lower stages of Proton seem way overpriced:

Proton 1st stage is almost 3x more expensive than Twin Boar, stats mostly only 25% - 50% better.

Proton four-engine version is almost 2x more expensive than Twin Boar, thrust about 10% less. and 2x the price of Zenit first stage, despite generally lower stats.

Proton 2nd stage - 33% more expensive than Zenit first stage. 3x more expensive than Skipper despite roughly equivalent stats.

The upper stage and fuel tanks seem roughly in-line with vanilla prices (fuel tanks and upper stages tbh are negligible in cost compared to lower stages, so the prices don't matter so much). Zenit seems roughly in-line with vanilla prices (maybe slightly too cheap, but not by much). Haven't noticed any other pricing issues that stands out yet.

At present there's as far as I can tell basically no reason to use the Proton lower stage parts when you have access to alternatives - they're waaaaaay more expensive for the equivalent thrust.

1 hour ago, VaderExMachina said:

hey @Beale wanna know about your future plans, maybe fixing us the n1 craft file?

and about the sovet spacecrafts, any possibility of adding the venera series?

ProbesPlus has just a Venera-Probe, optical suitable to Tantares.

My ISS build won't load up because of the missing libra antenna, was it from Tantares (I think so)? If it is, should I stop updating? because I didn't see a "parts removed" section from the update post and now I lost my station for a single antenna missing

Edited by trooperMNG

12 hours ago, trooperMNG said:

My ISS build won't load up because of the missing libra antenna, was it from Tantares (I think so)? If it is, should I stop updating? because I didn't see a "parts removed" section from the update post and now I lost my station for a single antenna missing

I think the Libra antenna was the folding LK antenna, which was depreciated because of the recent LK update. If I were you, I wouldn't stop updating altogether because Beale only has one part set left to revamp, the N1 rocket, and from then on I think we can expect nothing but entirely new additions.

Edited by golkaidakhaana

11 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I think the Libra antenna was the folding LK antenna, which was depreciated because of the recent LK update. If I were you, I wouldn't stop updating altogether because Beale only has one part set left to revamp, the N1 rocket, and from then on I think we can expect nothing but entirely new additions.

oh that's nice! Do you happen to know (for what I understand they were deleted) where I can find the most up to date Cygnus parts?

22 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

No idea, I think Beale accidentally included them in a single development release, but I never tried it.

Nevermind, I found it by using the old tantares available in the main thread. The launcher (PLV I think) is still missing even if I installed it tho