[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

One word:WOW!

I can't wait to test these baby's!

Thanks! :D

Very interesting! Thank you everyone for these links.

So these concept crafts are already being made by others? Bummer :(

I am absolutely loving the Chinese One.

I also think its funny how even in this "Optimistic" alternate history humanity is just returning to the Moon (unless there's more).

I have added DR configs. I think they work correctly, but maybe others with more experience with this mod will help me.

Edited by Beale

Far from "being made by others" I am actively *trying* to get people to make them :)

Plus, the hirez source files are available for use as guides, or for baking textures. However, the style is...quite different from this pack's style. :]

Following the success of the KTTP, and with the Vega and the Super 25 released the same day, there was only one thing i could do:

http://imgur.com/a/U9SVZ

Awesome!

I love the Super 25.

Which solar panels are you using there? (on the Salyut)

Far from "being made by others" I am actively *trying* to get people to make them :)

Plus, the hirez source files are available for use as guides, or for baking textures. However, the style is...quite different from this pack's style. :]

Could you link to the source files by any chance? I am unable to find them on the site. :)

Loving every bit of this so far. Do you plan on or are you open to doing stockalike versions of the American capsules after the Russian side is done?

Eh.. I hadn't thought it was on the cards.

There aren't many different American spacecraft (real ones) to choose and I think there is already a good stockalike Apollo capsule.

Edited by Beale

hi there beale! sorry that i was away for the weekend. I see that you finished the thing! cool!

is there any chance that you could make a download for everything at once, so that you don't have to install everything separately?

Nice mod.

Is it possible to make the parachute RealChutes compatible?

Maybe.

I've never heard of the mod.

If it is just a config edit then yes. Do you have more details maybe? :)

hi there beale! sorry that i was away for the weekend. I see that you finished the thing! cool!

is there any chance that you could make a download for everything at once, so that you don't have to install everything separately?

Hi! And Thanks!

I have designed it how it is on purpose. I think it is no good when mods are continually bloating, so like this in modules, people can pick and choose what to install.

Maybe I'll add a complete download.

Edited by Beale

Eh.. I hadn't thought it was on the cards.

There aren't many different American spacecraft (real ones) to choose and I think there is already a good stockalike Apollo capsule.

Fair enough. No pressure or anything. You've already contributed a lot, and I look forward to whatever else you may make.

I have designed it how it is on purpose. I think it is no good when mods are continually bloating, so like this in modules, people can pick and choose what to install.

Maybe I'll add a complete download.

Adding a complete download link along with the separate links would be great. Combining the files as they are now is not a big deal, but still... (A little time lost) x (A lot of people) = (A lot of time lost).

Thanks!

Cool pack, I like it.

Fair enough. No pressure or anything. You've already contributed a lot, and I look forward to whatever else you may make.

Of course I am always open to ideas :wink: .

slooooow down

he's just finished salyut, give him some time off.

Haha, this is true. But the TKS is next, if I can resolve issues with it.

Beale: in the thread in Dev I linked to, nixonshead (the artist who made them) posted the links. Think it starts around page 5 or so?

I'll take a look! Thanks!

The TKS poses a real problem with its scale.

You see if I make the VA 2.5m it looks far too big.

If 1.25m, then the end of the return engine will end in something smaller than 0.625 (not a big problem if docking port is on the back?) and the craft will look to small overall.

Thoughts?

587d77ecd6.jpg

Edited by Beale

Thoughts?

Well, the real spacecraft's VA had 2.8 m diameter, and reentry capsule of real Soyuz is at 2.2 m, which is certainly not as big of a difference as between ingame 1.25 m and 2.5 m capsules (~1.27 proportion for real world, 2 for game). So I'd say go for 1.25 capsule diameter to keep current scale and make bigger radial fuel tanks for it.

Well, the real spacecraft's VA had 2.8 m diameter, and reentry capsule of real Soyuz is at 2.2 m, which is certainly not as big of a difference as between ingame 1.25 m and 2.5 m capsules (~1.27 proportion for real world, 2 for game). So I'd say go for 1.25 capsule diameter to keep current scale and make bigger radial fuel tanks for it.

This is my current thinking. With 1.25m crew and engine block stretching 1.875m.

See MIR-like setup.

31e4639aeb.png

Actually 2.5m (at least for the FGB) is alright. Here's drawing of Cosmos-1686 (unmanned TKS prototype) and Salyut-7:

-snip-

TKS cutaway:

-snip-

My thoughts is: 2.5m FGB, non-standard (1.8m or 2.0m) VA and 0.625m LES.

Though this would give almost perfect scale, I do have some reservations (I'll explain below).

Polaris and SXT based TKS in polar orbit

-snip-

-snip-

Awesome to see the Polaris still in use! (new one is coming soon, don't worry :) ) And thankyou this is a good see of TKS size, I think maybe Salyut should have been bigger (3m maybe?)

Maybe the solution are 1,875 parts. IMHO

Hi!

Though 1.875m parts would give perfect scale for TKS, I am not sure if I would like to embark on this road. The 1.875m parts work in the HGR pack because the creator has put in work and made a whole new subsytem of 1.875m parts (engines, structure, tanks).

To make the TKS VA 1.875 in diameter is kind of a risk, as I would at minimum have to create some basic adapters to normal sizes.

More thoughts? I am a fan of teeny-tiny craft myself, but I am quite strange in this it seems.

Edited by Beale

This is my current thinking. With 1.25m crew and engine block stretching 1.875m.

I'd use your stockalike soyuz for reference, but I think that would work pretty well. You could always do a quick scaled drawing of them to see which looks best to you.

I think that a 1.875 m TKS would be perfect, you can add a couple of adapters to 1,25 and 2,5 meters (they shouldn't be too difficult to make) and say "if you want more 1.875 m parts you can also download HGR pack!

I have built a TKS, but I think that 2.5 m is too big:

XcPcTex.png

Edited by ste1701