[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

KAS support might be interesting...

It doesn't case any problems if KAS is not installed, at least. I patch at least a little KAS container capability into every pod on principle, because they've all got stowage boxes on the inside, there's got to be something in them. :)

It doesn't case any problems if KAS is not installed, at least. I patch at least a little KAS container capability into every pod on principle, because they've all got stowage boxes on the inside, there's got to be something in them. :)

Ah, I didn't know that.

I guess there's no harm in it then, a container with some backup batteries is always helpful.

Thanks! :)

interesting: my CoM is a bit higher on my Tanatres in the VAB .... i reloaded the entire modpack and the craftfiles. maybe it's a conflict with one of my mods. i updated recently teh engineer and RCS helper and toolbar and added a extra for teh engineer ... lets see if i can find the source of this strange behavior

edit: tested now with a vanila install without mods ... my CoM is still a bit higher then yours Beale on your screenshots. i don't know what this is causing .. well, not a big issure for me, i know to counter this thngs with just adding RCS tanks to the Service module ... but it's still strange

Edited by Darth Lazarus

edit: tested now with a vanila install without mods ... my CoM is still a bit higher then yours Beale on your screenshots. i don't know what this is causing .. well, not a big issure for me, i know to counter this thngs with just adding RCS tanks to the Service module ... but it's still strange

That's really, really strange!

I am sorry you have to deal with this, but I am totally out of ideas. :(

Can anyone else say have same problems?

Maybe new Tantares will be without issue, doubt I can release it before I pack away my PC though.

take your time buddy .. good things need time and that issue is only a small but strange one :)

It's coming, slowly :)

Wanted a more "Unified curved panel" look on this one, rather than the old "4 flat panels into a cylinder" look of the old one. Also 3D windows, to allow for better specular reflections (more possible angles of incident for lighting).

H e a v y - W I P

c3d9a9ec36.jpg

bb4cfe7486.jpg

e59c32c623.jpg

After pleasing results with Fuji, I think this one will have some small specularity.

TKS will be in this style!

Sorry to say, this will break texture configs people have made!

I thank you so much for making them, but the new model has a very different UV map.

Edited by Beale

Totally excellent mod, finally managed to make a Soyuz. The descent module works exactly as expected with FAR and Deadly Reentry, I can even skip depending on AoA.

Keep up the good work!

Recently added cargo module (Advanced Computing Orbital Module... computing what btw.?) could be extended with KAS support

Something like this? :)

2014-07-02_00001.jpg

2014-07-02_00002.jpg

I figured that since the module is already full of fuel, it didn't make sense for it to also have storage space. So I made another service module, dedicated to carting stuff up and down from space - it will detect if KAS is installed, and remove itself if it's not. I also figured out how to do alpha channels in paint.net, so now the models have proper specularity. My zip file (in the first page of this thread) has been updated with the new parts.

it's coming, slowly :)

wanted a more "unified curved panel" look on this one, rather than the old "4 flat panels into a cylinder" look of the old one. Also 3d windows, to allow for better specular reflections (more possible angles of incident for lighting).

h e a v y - w i p

http://puu.sh/9siud/c3d9a9ec36.jpg

http://puu.sh/9siwe/bb4cfe7486.jpg

http://puu.sh/9siyf/e59c32c623.jpg

after pleasing results with fuji, i think this one will have some small specularity.

tks will be in this style!

sorry to say, this will break texture configs people have made!

I thank you so much for making them, but the new model has a very different uv map.

\

wowcats

CV Spica seems to have collider issue (CV Crew Module I presume) when put onto Procedural Fairing base.

Receiving an error to debug:

[Error]: Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling this IgnoreCollision

After some height camera begins shifting down & a vessel can be destroyed.

Edited by Horus

Something like this? :)

-snip-

I figured that since the module is already full of fuel, it didn't make sense for it to also have storage space. So I made another service module, dedicated to carting stuff up and down from space - it will detect if KAS is installed, and remove itself if it's not. I also figured out how to do alpha channels in paint.net, so now the models have proper specularity. My zip file (in the first page of this thread) has been updated with the new parts.

Nice!

So the current link is fine?

Thanks for making!

CV Spica seems to have collider issue (CV Crew Module I presume) when put onto Procedural Fairing base.

Receiving an error to debug:

[Error]: Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling this IgnoreCollision

After some height camera begins shifting down & a vessel can be destroyed.

Very interesting!

I have had similar issues... Never really tracked it down to CV crew capsule. But had a hunch it was related to PF issues.

Was it attached to the fairing base directly?

Tested both with decoupler separated & directly connected to PF.

Here's visuals

Thanks!

I'll give it a test on my own, hang on a few minutes...

EDIT:

Argh! I could reproduce perfectly, this is a big issue! :(

1b61b9a590.jpg

Camera Shifting...

8ca451d445.jpg

Base gone...

0f1ad1642c.jpg

I am totally out of ideas.

Does anyone have a clue what could cause this?

But, thank you a lot for bringing this issue to light Horus!

Edited by Beale

I suppose CV Spica Crew jettison cover (aeroshell) can be the cause of the issue.

Yeah this seems the first thing that jumps to mind. Maybe a lack of staging group for jettison? I'll experiment...

Also, a bit more WIP work, why not...

Warning! Heavy WIP below, keep out of sight of children and the elderly.

OMS

591c61fd03.jpg

Went for a more conventional single port, the old OMS was more like the Shenzou's with the four nozzle design.

c52f98e4e7.jpg

Edited by Beale

Yeah this seems the first thing that jumps to mind. Maybe a lack of staging group for jettison? I'll experiment...

Something else you may want to look at is the TST separator that's on top of the procedural fairing base. MechJeb's delta-V window in the VAB gets really confused when I use the TST separator, but not when I use one of the stock ones (basically, it says there's 0 dV for everything above the TST separator). It may be related.

Something else you may want to look at is the TST separator that's on top of the procedural fairing base. MechJeb's delta-V window in the VAB gets really confused when I use the TST separator, but not when I use one of the stock ones (basically, it says there's 0 dV for everything above the TST separator). It may be related.

I've also come across this (Using Kerbal Engineer)!

All very odd...

I will try and change the separator to a decouple maybe...

EDIT:

I'll try same design with stock decouples!

the new OMS for the Tantares looks very good, like the real one! (and reminds me of my stock version :D )

-snip-

Thanks! You know I had a chance to try your stock Soyuz launchers, no pics to give, but they are very fun!

Atleast it takes a form now.

6bdf0f74f9.jpg32439d25bd.jpg

Constructive Criticism is always welcome!

Edited by Beale

@Beale

While you're working on 3D models, there's one thing you may want to look at... the separator/parachute combo part is pretty hard to use in the VAB, because it's so thin that when I try to attach it to the top of the capsule, it quickly alternates between its top and bottom attachment nodes and half the time ends up embedded inside the top of the capsule. Is there anything you can do to make it easier to attach?

Edited by OrbitalDebris