[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Re New N-1 beta:

Parts functioning great! About a dozen or so test launches in different configurations, no issues. Rocket exhaust looks great.

I know everyone loooooves the TantaresLV boosters being overpowered, but I have to play my role as "that guy" - I was able to boost a basic Soyuz almost directly into the sun using the N1 stack. OP achieved ;-)  heh

59 minutes ago, mbartelsm said:

Hey Beale, if I remember correctly, you used to have a repository with PSD files for your textures, is that still available? I'd like to see how you organize your texture stuff.

Here :) 

15 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Re New N-1 beta:

Parts functioning great! About a dozen or so test launches in different configurations, no issues. Rocket exhaust looks great.

I know everyone loooooves the TantaresLV boosters being overpowered, but I have to play my role as "that guy" - I was able to boost a basic Soyuz almost directly into the sun using the N1 stack. OP achieved ;-)  heh

Speaking of exhaust, what are you thinking about this:

Old:
kXUMlxd.png

New:
i9UceFu.png
mgx7Kbj.png
E7xJvcR.png

1 hour ago, Beale said:
21 hours ago, Beale said:

N1 'Almost There' WIP Release
Just a few more parts to do, but now we move onto balance, naming, etc.

Download

Example Craft

The N1 need many finetuning. In stock universe the Engine Block A collaps under the weight of the upper parts. Crash tolerance of most parts are to low (15). Gimbal settings are to big, the Rocket tendend to oversteer on all stages. Reducing the Gimbal setting to 1/3 works fine. Exclude the weight of 4th stage, the LLV lifts only 25 tonns in a low orbit (130 km). Visuals of all parts are very fine!

Good job Beale

Edited by hraban

32 minutes ago, mbartelsm said:

Just putthe Vostok files in a folder with another name

Yes, I can do that, but I don't see why it has to get removed in the first place. It's basically done, save any work @Beale chooses to put into it down the road. It just seems like a pointless removal to me when it could just stay in the mod without being changed.

17 hours ago, Andem said:

Yes, I can do that, but I don't see why it has to get removed in the first place. It's basically done, save any work @Beale chooses to put into it down the road. It just seems like a pointless removal to me when it could just stay in the mod without being changed.

It's totally broken and I cannot fix the drag issues.
It's also ugly and smells.

I was planning to re-introduce it with less bad window shading.

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

It's totally broken and I cannot fix the drag issues.
It's also ugly and smells.

I was planning to re-introduce it with less bad window shading.

Odd, I haven't noticed any issues with it. And it's probably my most used part in Tantares.