[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

This may be severely off topic, or this may be of use to someone.

44331070534_1f42d0a48f_b.jpg

So, I was walking past the most space-y place in Voronezh - to the right is the Chemical Automatics Design Bureau, where they design rocket engines, and to the left - the (entrance to) the Voronezh Mechanical Plant, where they make them. And those guys on the left were celebrating 90 years since the plant's foundation...

Spoiler

...with an exhibition. Of rocket engines. Well, some other stuff they make as well, but the engines are clearly dominant!

45002866742_7fb04b8654_b.jpg

More specifically (all pics very clickable!)...

Here is the RD-0210 from Proton's second stage (no first stage engine here, sorry!)

Spoiler

30114723157_d73724dc5e_n.jpg31177952408_b650238143_n.jpg30114725117_86f570aa6d_n.jpg31177955598_ba0fd96e2c_n.jpg

Here is the RD-0212 from the third stage

Spoiler

43239619170_75f959eaaa_n.jpg44139337555_616cbaaf2a_n.jpg45002872832_b94501516a_n.jpg45050070211_d6dc4e4a61_n.jpg

Here is the RD-58M (a lower-thrust, higher-ISP version of the original RD-58) from Blok DM-SL (the modern flavour of Blok D)

Spoiler

30114728847_d980694807_n.jpg31177958948_26b40d32b5_n.jpg30114726837_f8e186556c_n.jpg43239626930_62a0bdb6f5_n.jpg

The RD-0110 from the third stage of Soyuz

Spoiler

45050069511_7542745cdc_n.jpg45002871172_8efa2e7e1a_n.jpg44331072874_785972e623_n.jpg

Section of a turbopump for the RD-0120, the Energia engine

Spoiler

44331078974_11bd8797f8_n.jpg45002875642_7b3c9b3985_n.jpg45002874812_5110763c95_n.jpg

Some very nonspace stuff

Spoiler

45002869282_e486f00b7a_z.jpg45050066091_69a73b00d7_z.jpg

And even the graffiti in the local underpass are space-themed!

Spoiler

43241059690_daa7d6746e_z.jpg44332449964_09ab300cfc_z.jpg30116047947_b9af8a416d_z.jpg44332441704_32ec0235af_z.jpg

In Soviet Russia...

45050063101_617eaa3f9b_b.jpg

Edited by TK-313

Hi, on the new almaz (I think its the name) parts.  I can't seem to find the middle part that takes the station from its full width to the docking adapter part. I am using career mode. I also checked the sandbox and can't find it still.  Can you help with what the name of the part is so I can go looking?  Thanks so much! 

-D

3 hours ago, debaker02 said:

Hi, on the new almaz (I think its the name) parts.  I can't seem to find the middle part that takes the station from its full width to the docking adapter part. I am using career mode. I also checked the sandbox and can't find it still.  Can you help with what the name of the part is so I can go looking?  Thanks so much! 

-D

I believe you want one of the various Vega adaptors, located under Structural.

I thought of a possible feature request... The Almaz rear section now doesn't have that big-ass camera (as indicated in the description), but what if it were made available as an upgrade? + biome-sensitive science experiment for the part and + some weight, too.

I know this is an awfully minor edit gameplay wise, but it just feels wrong to let such functionality go to waste)

On 10/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, TK-313 said:

This may be severely off topic, or this may be of use to someone.

So, I was walking past the most space-y place in Voronezh - to the right is the Chemical Automatics Design Bureau, where they design rocket engines, and to the left - the (entrance to) the Voronezh Mechanical Plant, where they make them. And those guys on the left were celebrating 90 years since the plant's foundation...

Extremely useful shots! Many thanks! And really cool to see :)

On 10/5/2018 at 1:03 AM, TK-313 said:

I thought of a possible feature request... The Almaz rear section now doesn't have that big-ass camera (as indicated in the description), but what if it were made available as an upgrade? + biome-sensitive science experiment for the part and + some weight, too.

I know this is an awfully minor edit gameplay wise, but it just feels wrong to let such functionality go to waste)

I would like to give it some more functionality, this would be nice.

I am not sure if it is possible to set up a custom kerbnet viewer filter, but that would be nice also.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:24 PM, sslaptnhablhat said:

Wow it's been quiet here lately... @Beale Whacha working on?

Nothing major, but some engines.

maGNKvY.png
BV8RgzW.jpg
IUL6doQ.png
0rEBiOx.png

@Beale, I have found yet another buggy piece of RCS. This time it's the LK's main engine and its monoprop nozzles:

2srTK8e.jpg

Also, the kerbals seem prone to getting stuck on your ladder in places like this, and I'm pretty certain this didn't hapen before:

obuy8FR.jpg

Edited by TK-313

11 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Also, the kerbals seem prone to getting stuck on your ladder in places like this, and I'm pretty certain this didn't hapen before:

I've always had that problem with the LK ladder. I usually have to do some _VERY_ careful clipping/repositioning to get it to line up right.

Hello! I'm playing on Career mode with this mod and Remotetech and a few other mods. Unfortunately only this mod has no configs for Remotetech, there's no ranges or dish angles, the antennas look really, really nice, but I don't really use them, because they are not useful at all. I've searched for compatibility patches, but couldn't find any. Is there anything I can do to make it compatible? Thanks

16 hours ago, Gunslinger1 said:

Tried googling for it but is there a comparability file for RemoteTech and Tantares? I'm running into Tantares antennae not working.

1 minute ago, Spaps said:

Hello! I'm playing on Career mode with this mod and Remotetech and a few other mods. Unfortunately only this mod has no configs for Remotetech, there's no ranges or dish angles, the antennas look really, really nice, but I don't really use them, because they are not useful at all. I've searched for compatibility patches, but couldn't find any. Is there anything I can do to make it compatible? Thanks

Somebody can make a remotetech config (they're really, really easy) and upload it to share. @Beale doesn't maintain compatibility configs like that.

2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Somebody can make a remotetech config (they're really, really easy) and upload it to share. @Beale doesn't maintain compatibility configs like that.

Is there some sort of a template? I think I'd be able to create something like that

2 minutes ago, Spaps said:

Is there some sort of a template? I think I'd be able to create something like that

Something like these. :) There's probably references on the Remotetech page or their Github, and of course Module Manager's OP posts are helpful reference.

https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/tree/master/Gamedata/Bluedog_DB/Compatibility/RemoteTech

4 hours ago, Dutchbook said:

I think there is a bug with one of your Soyuz-FG boosters, it just explodes when the Soyuz-MS fairing decouples from its stage.

Couldn't get a log file, sorry :(

In the absence of a log, a .craft file would be a good start, as well as a list of addons required to build it - or better yet, if you can make another craft that only uses stock and Tantares parts that still experiences the same RUD tendencies, it would probably help as much or maybe more than a log.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:28 PM, kopapaka said:

screenshot62_3.jpg?ver=0

I love this tiny proto-soyuz! 

On 10/9/2018 at 12:52 AM, TK-313 said:

@Beale, I have found yet another buggy piece of RCS. This time it's the LK's main engine and its monoprop nozzles:

2srTK8e.jpg

obuy8FR.jpg

On 10/9/2018 at 12:21 PM, tjsnh said:

I've always had that problem with the LK ladder. I usually have to do some _VERY_ careful clipping/repositioning to get it to line up right.

Ack! Thanks but very annoying bug for both.

On older versions if you attach the root of both ladders to the LK base, it seems to work okay, but in 1.4 I am having issues, maybe colliders have changed.

hD5j6Ri.png

On 10/11/2018 at 12:11 PM, Dutchbook said:

I think there is a bug with one of your Soyuz-FG boosters, it just explodes when the Soyuz-MS fairing decouples from its stage.

Couldn't get a log file, sorry :(

Sounding odd, if you have a craft file that would be very helpful!

On 10/13/2018 at 12:22 AM, sslaptnhablhat said:

Shouldn't the old-style Progress control block contain monoprop instead of LF/O? It only seems to fit well with the ASTP Soyuz engine, which uses monoprop.

Yes, I think you are absolutely right, I will take a note to look at that.

MIsGzoh.png
MXsdqPL.jpg
yeP7oiN.png
w9d5zhM.png

ngFjvn5.png oh dear we made a little zenit

Github

Good clean fun with the kosmos boys.

Example craft, the parts are more-or-less complete now, but feedback will be much appreciated.
The capacity is around 1-1.5 tons in standard KSP, in the preferred 2.5 - 3 scale, it will be pretty close to IRL around 500+ kg? 

Hint: you can use the extra 2i tag in the editor to refine between the larger Kosmos 3M and this new rocket.

RHvJo0u.png

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Dan_Kerman said:

WHERE THE OLD TEXTURE ORANGE CHECKERED ON KOSMOS!(!!1!(:mad::mad:

Ahem.  I think what you meant to say (in standard forum font, without SHOUTING ANGRILY IN ALL CAPS) was something more like this:

"Gee, thanks for the mod, @Beale!  Really great parts, I'm enjoying the mod a lot.  By the way, I notice that the Kosmos used to have an orange checkered texture on it, which seems to no longer be available.  Was it removed on purpose?  I really liked that texture, and would love to be able to continue using it.  Thanks again for all your hard work!"

It's great that you're enthusiastic about the mod, @Dan_Kerman.  I expect your enthusiasm just kinda got away from you for a bit, there.  ;)

Do please remember that mod authors put in a lot of hard work in their scarce free time, for free, to give us these nifty shiny toys, for free.  They're doing us a huge favor by doing that, so please try to remember that and don't yell at them.  Even if you mean it in a jokey "ha ha" sort of way, it's easy for it to come across as being demanding.  Best to keep things polite.

Also, remember that not everyone wants the same things, so while it's fine to provide constructive feedback (i.e. "I really like <thing>, could we have that?"), it's important not to do so in a demanding way.  (For example, if there's a thing that used to be in the mod that isn't anymore, that might be a simple oversight... or maybe the mod author actually did it on purpose because they like it better that way.  It's their mod, so it's their decision.  It's fine to offer suggestions, but nobody is in a position to make demands.)

So, in summary:

• liking the mod a lot = great
  • constructive feedback = great
  • demands or angry-sounding posts = not great, please be careful

Fair 'nuff?  :)