[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

The flipping problem is back for the Soyuz/R7 booster. Gravity turn around 300 m/s as usual, starts doing flips at about 30-40degrees off vertical.

The following MM patch resolves the issue (increases the weight of the bulge tanks to move the center of gravity up):

@PART[tantares_lv_fuel_tank_s1p5_s1_1]
{
  @mass = 2.5
}

@PART[tantares_lv_fuel_tank_s1p5_s1_2]
{
  @mass = 2.65
}

@PART[tantares_lv_fuel_tank_s1p5_s1_3]
{
  @mass = 2.75
}

@PART[tantares_lv_fuel_tank_s1p5_s1_4]
{
  @mass = 2.85
}

10 hours ago, Tyko said:

@Beale - Sir, I don't think the A-USF01 tank has enough LFO for its volume compared to your other tanks. it looks to be off by a factor of 3x or so, not just a little bit. I opened a issue on Github:

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV/issues/31

Argh! I could swear I fixed this.

Apologies for the delay - I will resolve it soon.

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

The flipping problem is back for the Soyuz/R7 booster. Gravity turn around 300 m/s as usual, starts doing flips at about 30-40degrees off vertical.

The following MM patch resolves the issue (increases the weight of the bulge tanks to move the center of gravity up):

@PART[tantares_lv_fuel_tank_s1p5_s1_1]
{
  @mass = 2.5
}

@PART[tantares_lv_fuel_tank_s1p5_s1_2]
{
  @mass = 2.65
}

@PART[tantares_lv_fuel_tank_s1p5_s1_3]
{
  @mass = 2.75
}

@PART[tantares_lv_fuel_tank_s1p5_s1_4]
{
  @mass = 2.85
}

Do you have a pic of the craft you are using? I have been flying really care-free and it comfortably can be at 80-90 degrees at 30km up.

Not that I don't believe you! This just sounds like possible weird drag-cube stuff/

58 minutes ago, Beale said:

Argh! I could swear I fixed this.

Apologies for the delay - I will resolve it soon.

Do you have a pic of the craft you are using? I have been flying really care-free and it comfortably can be at 80-90 degrees at 30km up.

Not that I don't believe you! This just sounds like possible weird drag-cube stuff/

When I get home from the office I'll post a .craft file.

Just VERY simple sputnik-1 style crafts, I tried a few slight variations in the combination of bulge tanks. It seems that unless the payload is VERY heavy (tens of tons), the launch profile slips to blackflips a few seconds after starting the gravity turn. Increasing the weight of the bulge tanks seems to resolve the issue completely.

27 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

When I get home from the office I'll post a .craft file.

Just VERY simple sputnik-1 style crafts, I tried a few slight variations in the combination of bulge tanks. It seems that unless the payload is VERY heavy (tens of tons), the launch profile slips to blackflips a few seconds after starting the gravity turn. Increasing the weight of the bulge tanks seems to resolve the issue completely.

Aaah! Okay I'll make a Sputnik craft and upload it also :) 

5 hours ago, ARTOBAN said:

were old craft file ?

In progress.

5 hours ago, space_powder said:

Is there a config for Snacks? The Soyuz spacecraft parts don't have any snacks but instead TAC resources which I don't really need

I don't think there is one, I usually only make the patches for the mods I use myself (maybe a little selfish :D ) but, I don't use life support.

2 hours ago, ely8937 said:

Do you plan to update the ship Soyuz?

What would you like to see in an updated one?

New craft files:

Yard Nuclear Soyuz.
Needs a more powerful nuclear stage to be practical.

q6RlBDa.png
uRq9j9j.png

Sputnik R7

UgH4HtR.png
6MVNi5s.png

@tjsnh is your R7 similar to the one above? No problems flying it here - Though I did run out of electric charge and it flipped because of lack of control (Stupid question but that's not happening to you is it? :D )
Second test flight 100% success.

twKIDP7.png

Edited by Beale

36 minutes ago, ely8937 said:

size does not fit the new rocket

It does fit the 1.5 m variant perfectly. Honestly, the only reason 1.5m is not the main variant of the Soyuz rocket is that it doesn't divide cleanly by Squad's 1.25m.

19 minutes ago, ely8937 said:

ÐаÑÑинки по запÑоÑÑ ÑоÑз ÑÑеÑÑÑ ÑÑÑпенÑ

9 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

It does fit the 1.5 m variant perfectly. Honestly, the only reason 1.5m is not the main variant of the Soyuz rocket is that it doesn't divide cleanly by Squad's 1.25m.

Ah okay, yeah I see what you mean. As TK is correct - the 1.5m variant parts (Working on patch to make this easy to switch to) are a "perfect" fit.

Exact "KSP Sizes" for these are 1.625m for the upper stage and 1.375m for the Soyuz. but these do not work cleanly with any other mods / parts.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Beale

11 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

1.2 is as clean as 1.5x (1.875m), IMO.

On 6/4/2019 at 1:01 AM, Tyko said:

@Beale - Sir, I don't think the A-USF01 tank has enough LFO for its volume compared to your other tanks. it looks to be off by a factor of 3x or so, not just a little bit. I opened a issue on Github:

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV/issues/31

Now resolved on Git for next rel, thanks for the issue report!

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV

12 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale Just tried the new release, loving the new parts.

Once the 1.5/1.625 parts are finished, could you pweeeeeease finish those control cores? Also, do you plan on adding Soyuz upper stages like Fregat, Breeze-M, Ikar etc.?

New cores are in the pipeline now yes, they should be fast to produce.

Upper stages might be later, but next I want to re-do the LK lander:

• Two stage.
  • Non-grey colour scheme.

TtwZNDo.png