[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

@Beale

7UfbC53.png

Here ya go. Modelled and UV unwrapped. Knock yourself out.

Will an .obj file be fine, or would you like me to send you another format?

Again, if you don't want to, that's totally fine. But if you are interested, send me the textures when you are done and I will handle the config files.
Edited by Third_OfFive

On 06/11/2016 at 3:20 PM, CobaltWolf said:

Agreed - the interstages need some beef. Try and convey how big and powerful this rocket is. Lean towards making it chunky.

Let's play...

Guess the polycount!

H4o5Gbo.png

On 06/11/2016 at 5:37 PM, Third_OfFive said:

@Beale

7UfbC53.png

Here ya go. Modelled and UV unwrapped. Knock yourself out.

Will an .obj file be fine, or would you like me to send you another format?

Again, if you don't want to, that's totally fine. But if you are interested, send me the textures when you are done and I will handle the config files.

Nice job on that model, but I think we have a misunderstanding, I don't want to do this, sorry! :) 

On 04/11/2016 at 9:48 PM, Beale said:

Nothing, you brought the topic of IVAs my friend :wink: 

I've beem looking at the pictures I can find and it seems quite kind of accurate, to IRL scale it is roughly 7cm in thickness

Spoiler

KByD0SS.png
I have to laugh, you have a very dilligent liker :wink: 

Edited by Beale

13 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Those struts are sooooo skinny! :)

Let me have a look into that.

6 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Somewhere in between a lot and a lot.

Maybe 25000k? I don't know.

Surpisingly not that much! :) 

Around 10,000 for all you see there - it is still higher than I have done before.

19 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

Wow. I have a fuel tank (1.875m, 6m long) that has 1k tris.

I need to be more efficient.

Do you have a picture of the mesh? I can provide some help maybe (I'm not professional 3D artist, but brotherhood among amateurs? :wink: ).

If we are talking strict tris only, the Blok-B has 9006 (without nozzles and fairings).
The Blok-V has 4242.

Edited by Beale

41 minutes ago, Beale said:

Do you have a picture of the mesh? I can provide some help maybe (I'm not professional 3D artist, but brotherhood among amateurs? :wink: ).

If we are talking strict tris only, the Blok-B has 9006 (without nozzles and fairings).
The Blok-V has 4242.

iOTXm22.png

I can upload the .blend in a little if you want as well.

11 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

What's that? I don't really know much about modelling.

Sometimes while modelling you may end up with duplicate vertices and faces, but remove doubles reduces these to only one point.

Your model should reduce to maybe a few hundred triangles :)

If you use Wings3D like myself, this feature is available under the name "cleanup".

Edited by Beale

12 minutes ago, Beale said:

WOW! So much better! Thanks! Got my engine down to 720 tris from 1000.

Edited by legoclone09

While it may be realistic, I must that those struts do look much too flimsy and don't really fit the stock alike aesthetic (which in general seems to simplify & bulk things up). The engine piping looks a little thin as well (again purely aesthetic)

Otherwise the parts look gorgeous!

4 hours ago, benjee10 said:

While it may be realistic, I must that those struts do look much too flimsy and don't really fit the stock alike aesthetic (which in general seems to simplify & bulk things up). The engine piping looks a little thin as well (again purely aesthetic)

Otherwise the parts look gorgeous!

The NK-33 had the turbopump to the side; so they looked stockier. Beale's either has a vertically integrated powerhead/thrust structure or he hasn't modeled the pumps yet. Here's a pic of the NK-33

0KCUiAw.jpg

Also, in the N-1, the engines were a lot closer to the stage, and had a circular thrust load structure they connected to, making everything look stockier

QLuXhFN.jpgzWsHIgW.jpg

(Renders by Nick Stevens, who did the technical drawings for the N-1 For the Moon and Mars book)

A few pages back I asked Beale about the thrust plate. For the sake of simplicity it's not going to be included in the mod.

But on the subject of N-1, are the inter-stage fairings separated into 2 or 3 bits? In the real rockets it was 3.