Beale

[1.8.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [19.0][20/10/2019][Getting weird with it]

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Beale said:

A little request, if there are small utility parts you would really like, I am collecting a list.

Alright, you invoked it :wink:

For one, I would like to see a bigger version of your rounded docking node (with the same size of docking ports) as counterpart of the Prichal Node Module.

And while I'm on it, though they might not be all that small or belong to the utility category, some Nauka parts would be cool. For example:

jEyHVrd.jpg

  • Radial/dorsal cooling panels
  • Nauka-style RCS with 2 nozzles for up/down and 3 angled ones for forward/sideways transition (when used in pairs)
  • Some science experiment resembling the Nauka airlock (warranty void if used as refrigerator)
  • Solar panels based on some of the designs for the Science and Power Module
Edited by Dark_Dragon26
Little addendum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Beale said:

Let's keep on topic friendos. :) 

Everytime I hear/read the word "friendo" it reminds me of "no country for old men" ("call it.... friendo!") and it gives me the creeps!

Pardon my ignorance,  but I must ask:  the OP now have a "march 18th" reference. What happens/happened then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

-snip-

Pardon my ignorance,  but I must ask:  the OP now have a "march 18th" reference. What happens/happened then?

March of 2018, Tantares is one of the threads of the month

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some posts have been removed from this thread to get back on-topic. Please take the EULA discussion to the appropriate threads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

I started testing the new rockets, they look very nice.  The new proton single engine upper stage does not seem to have enough control authority.  I cannot keep it facing the prograde after stage.

Did I mention that your skill is just getting better and better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod at some point (I think it was version 7.0 or 8.0) had Connected Living Space compatibility patch. Is that still a thing? I've checked a few previous versions of this mod and was unable to find it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2018 at 3:22 PM, debaker02 said:

Hey,

I started testing the new rockets, they look very nice.  The new proton single engine upper stage does not seem to have enough control authority.  I cannot keep it facing the prograde after stage.

Did I mention that your skill is just getting better and better?

Thanks!

Re: Proton upper stage - it has been updated with stronger gimbals and thrust, hopefully that will fix it.
Unfortunately development is stalled until the new part talls (with Shuriken FX) are made available.

1 hour ago, notJebKerman said:

This mod at some point (I think it was version 7.0 or 8.0) had Connected Living Space compatibility patch. Is that still a thing? I've checked a few previous versions of this mod and was unable to find it...

There have been a few, but I was not maintaining them - original patch authors left and then it's a choice between picking them up myself or removing them (And to be straightforward that's an easy choice).

 

@CobaltWolf @Dark_Dragon26 @Abrecan Many thanks for the suggestions, good stuff!

 

No major progress has been made, although there was a basic idea for the 2nd stage engine.

hQv9FM6.png

I will look to have these in the next release.

HL8Ldb7.png

On 07/03/2018 at 6:43 AM, Vanamonde said:

Some posts have been removed from this thread to get back on-topic. Please take the EULA discussion to the appropriate threads. 

I miss all the fun!

Edited by Beale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beale said:

-snip-

I will look to have these in the next release.

HL8Ldb7.png

-snipping fun out-

Wow, these are interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beale said:

4HSRJ1K.png

 

This should probably be in Tantares in Colors, for those still in 1.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

This should probably be in Tantares in Colors, for those still in 1.3.1

No this is new

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beale said:

No this is new

Yes, I know its a 1.4 feature. But should the texture be included (with your permission ofc) in Tantares in Color for users in 1.3.1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Saltshaker said:

Yes, I know its a 1.4 feature. But should the texture be included (with your permission ofc) in Tantares in Color for users in 1.3.1?

Sorry, I thought you mean it was already there. Yeah of course no problem to include it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beale said:

I will look to have these in the next release.

HL8Ldb7.png

@Beale Is that Zenit (or sea launch, that is still Zenit) rocket? So next will be Energia? :D

Edited by macenkodenis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beale said:

I will look to have these in the next release.

 

Spoiler

HL8Ldb7.png

 

I'm really interested by these tank, i love to launch my sat with this small launcher like Cosmos3/C1 (i'm not sure about the name of the launcher), more size could be really useful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I'm a native french speaker who really like Tantares mod, are you interested by a fr-fr localization file for 1.4 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, macenkodenis said:

@Beale Is that Zenit (or sea launch, that is still Zenit) rocket? So next will be Energia? :D

Sorry to dissapoint - it's actually the much smaller Kocmoc rocket:

mcFJ8ou.png

But Energia is totally on the way.

9 hours ago, KarlKrieger said:

Hello, I'm a native french speaker who really like Tantares mod, are you interested by a fr-fr localization file for 1.4 ?

Hello!

Your efforts would be much appreciated, as it is certainly no small task - there is over a 100 parts easily!
Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Beale said:

Sorry to dissapoint - it's actually the much smaller Kocmoc rocket

Meh, nevermind:D Just wrong gueses. And hope. LOT of hope! There are some mods with Energia, but your texturing - that amazing! So I really wait for your version. Even if you not plan to do it now. I will wait, till you got idea to make Energia. Even if it  far-far away from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, macenkodenis said:

Meh, nevermind:D Just wrong gueses. And hope. LOT of hope! There are some mods with Energia, but your texturing - that amazing! So I really wait for your version. Even if you not plan to do it now. I will wait, till you got idea to make Energia. Even if it  far-far away from now.

Energia is directly in the works, don't worry - it just is a lot of work to go :) 

But, the Proton is really good practice!

39ly8yc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Beale said:

Energia is directly in the works, don't worry - it just is a lot of work to go :) 

But, the Proton is really good practice!

2nd stage is looking great! I've done some testing with the new Proton and it's well balanced for 2.5x system, way better than the old version. With Blok D it's just powerful enough for a Zond circumlunar mission and it's LKO payload capacity is just right for Salyut/Mir core module. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

...and it's well balanced for 2.5x system, way better than the old version. With Blok D it's just powerful enough for a Zond circumlunar mission and it's LKO payload capacity is just right for Salyut/Mir core module. 

Yea, that's also the case for BDB; 2.5x systems are better balanced part-wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Beale said:

Hello!

Your efforts would be much appreciated, as it is certainly no small task - there is over a 100 parts easily!
Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Tantares-LV is done and Tantares is 25% ok.

Is it usefull to translate "Tags" lines ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.