[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 3/14/2019 at 8:39 PM, CobaltWolf said:

I'm sorry

jKHLDVp.jpg

You know, I appreciate this touch most of all.

5aq6oQ1.png

On 3/14/2019 at 11:12 PM, Deltac said:

Z1 Truss :)

TKS crew vehicle

FYwGNwv.png

And TKS Corgo for heavy resupply

This is a lot of windows &)

The position of Monoprop is really nice.

ymfVOEb.png

Things:

akRTKFm.jpg Aeroshell (Standalone shroud).
zboNaZb.png
lyOCfEg.png
EL9OnL2.png new FX.

36 minutes ago, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

This is lookin rad!!! Hopefully, we get some Soviet NTR at some point to throw a Polyus-like station at Duna or Eve.

Ajd3.gif

(Really yes I agree 100%, it's a good candidate for the "misc" parts folder).

Github

Craft file!

New structural adapters / caps in 3 sizes.
Yes! We now have a "complete" Polyus, and some neat new parts.

very close to releasing this now.
I have some ideas for additional "science" parts down the line, but the core spacecraft is working as intended.
The aeroshells can be triggered by right click, by default they are not staged, but staging can be enabled.

Also updated for the upcoming release are RU translations, thanks a lot to @TK-313

EyrFpt8.jpg
58FzRnQ.jpg
r5vteRj.pngpole4-grand.jpg A white Polyus would be a possibility, but perhaps I need to discuss with @Drakenex ? 

Edited by Beale

23 hours ago, DiscoSlelge said:

1552779995-220200-20190317003933-1.png

See you, space cowboy.

Polyus in progress to release, just need to implement some IVAs.

IA8OMy9.jpg

As we're doing the Soyuz, let's cleanup the other 1.25m rocket?

K6klean.png
cmnDQjX.png

I am going to greeble it up a little, but a nice base to go from.
We also have this:

z53aYm5.png

But the parachute variant bug kind of ruins that... 

Edited by Beale

41 minutes ago, Beale said:

Excuse me while I take down a reminder note quickly 

I can only imagine you have several notes set on top of that one xD

So I ran into a bug I think with Auto strutting:

1trx7fw.pngWSMYrQo.pngCs3d14k.pngPtfUCwe.png

Whenever i tried to dock the Dragon V2 with Mir, Kessler Syndrome.  Then I switched to a shuttle, and docking went fine... but undocking would Kessler Syndrome it again.  But undocking the Soyuz wouldn't?  I decided to reduce the amount of auto strutting down to just 4 or 5 parts, and now it seems stable.  I'm also using rigid attachment on several parts as well, including the docking ports.  And the auto strutting is to the heaviest part.  So maybe someone can tell me how to auto strut better?  C:

Edited by Deltac

8 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Error in config for aquila_crew_s2_s1p5_1.  One of the bulkhead profiles is listed as size0p5, likely a carryover from the config for the 2m to 0.625m variant pod.

Thanks, will fix.

7 hours ago, Deltac said:

I can only imagine you have several notes set on top of that one xD

So I ran into a bug I think with Auto strutting:

Whenever i tried to dock the Dragon V2 with Mir, Kessler Syndrome.  Then I switched to a shuttle, and docking went fine... but undocking would Kessler Syndrome it again.  But undocking the Soyuz wouldn't?  I decided to reduce the amount of auto strutting down to just 4 or 5 parts, and now it seems stable.  I'm also using rigid attachment on several parts as well, including the docking ports.  And the auto strutting is to the heaviest part.  So maybe someone can tell me how to auto strut better?  C:

Usually for me, any amount of auto-strutting is fine - but it's the rigid attachment which breaks things - should not require it most likely. 

6 hours ago, Drakenex said:

White, Tantares Grey and Vintage Green, Yes sir, can do!

Now this would be very exciting to see!

12 hours ago, Deltac said:

I always use autostrut on almost everything. Seriously, at least 80% of parts in a craft. I usually autostrut to "root part" , and almost never have problems.

Rigid attach, however, almost always turns my stuff into kraken food. :-(

46 minutes ago, Beale said:

Strangely I would like to steal that exploding solar panel shot, makes for a pretty picture! Is that okay?

Yep!  I thought you guys would like some space debris and explosions! xD

Tantares 17.0 5m8FtQZ.png

The speed-demon update.
Includes Polyus, FGB tug, and a fair amount of balance tweaks (And some kOS integration!).

Thanks a lot for the feedback in testing, and I hope you enjoy, let me know if there are any problems!

Huge thanks as ever to @TK-313 for the excellent Russian translations.

cwKnl4B.jpgPyT41dH.pngIA8OMy9.jpg

fDigmT0.png

x0egQCR.pngXiLeKzz.png
vcOp1Y8.png

Edited by Beale

Hey all, how many of you use 1.3 still?
And, how many of you use 1.4 and 1.5?

I would like to introduce mesh switching + a limited use of the APBR shader (for solar panels) - but, this would break backwards compatibility.

Model swap would break for 1.3.

New shader would break for 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5.

Thanking you.

92QnGFq.png

14 minutes ago, Beale said:

I would like to introduce mesh switching

Yay!

Btw, I'm  on1.6.1 right now. Also, still playing 1.3.1 RP1 and 1.2.2 QRSS campaigns, but those felt back so far and modded so heavily, that I don't even bother to update mods used for them (there is always chance to break something, yk).

1 hour ago, Beale said:

backwards compatibility.

I've completely switched to 1.6.1 due to the memory leak fix.  I still have older versions but they'll be trashed soon :)   And for 1.7, doesn't look like it has much other than quality of life fixes, so I'll probably look at it but not worry about modding it for some time after it's released.