[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Nice, thanks. But the description on the OP is wrong. It's rescaled to 2m, not 2.5m ;)

Fixed :) .

Can i haz that OM with the blue stripe? I would do it myself, but the textures have gone full ******, and 90% of it is nonexistent, yet the textures work fine in ksp.

I think you just need to import .TGA in different way. It sounds like it is using the alpha-map for transparency on import.

Edited by Beale

Can i haz that OM with the blue stripe? I would do it myself, but the textures have gone full ******, and 90% of it is nonexistent, yet the textures work fine in ksp.

I had the same problem when I tried to convert the textures with Gimp, but I managed to convert them to .png without any problem using the trial version of photoshop.

Beale, the Salyut parts look great!

I had the same problem when I tried to convert the textures with Gimp, but I managed to convert them to .png without any problem using the trial version of photoshop.

Beale, the Salyut parts look great!

Hey thanks! They are coming along nicely :)

I must apologise about the .TGAs, I was wrong, they do not open correctly in GIMP, as it interprets the alpha channel as transparent without fail.

I am juggling work between MAC OSX and Windows 8, so I can't test it on all platforms at the moment.

Yes, Photoshop looks like what you need to load them correctly. :( Makes it a bit harder for folks to do what they will.

Though I can't take all requests for custom textures, how about I release .PNG versions of the plain white texture? That way people can add colour, dark, add decals, etc.

Then this can be saved as .TGA in any program.

I plan alternate textures for Salyut and LK also. I will choose unified colour schemes first (grey, green, white, -?- (not orange) ).

Edited by Beale

i would recommend texturing the saylut a tiny bit greener, as well as making the mid-large size adapter a bit longer :)

Thanks for the D2 album, first of all :) .

I agree with the green.

But in proportion, I think it is about right, maybe just the angles of some of my screens are mis-leading.

d2b5570507.jpg9e3eb76b98.jpg

The mid section looks short because my model is "fatter" than the real one?

Edited by Beale

yes, I think that's it. maybe it should be a bit longer. is there any chance hat you will add the little balls onto it?

I was thinking they could be RCS holders (stock ones).

salyut_1.gif

I look at this and maybe you are right! Hmmm.

Perhaps someone can offer advice to my workflow, but whenever I need to change models, it means a complete new UV-map and new texture, can I do it different?

Edited by Beale

...okay, but I don't think it will look as nice.

have you done any work on the propolsion module?

I think that the stock RCS balls will be too large.

Edited by ZodiaK

...okay, but I don't think it will look as nice.

have you done any work on the propolsion unit?

RCS balls are in the air, nothing final yet. I'll get it in game and decide if I like the look with stock objects. :)

Yes, similar looking to the Tantares OMS, but with a 2.5m base. Sadly not textured yet, but it's all coming together.

(Basically look at above diagram)

IVAs are going to be a pain! :cool:

I would think that you would only have to do the IVA for the largest piece.

I can do a bit of layout research and design for you to lighten the load :wink:

Very kind offer! But I kid really, IVAs are actually among my favourite things to do :)

I plan each piece to have a specialty, with appropriate things in the IVA (maybe it is dangerous to go this focused?)

Top node - control

middle node - battery, torque

bottom node - lab

engine - initially over-powered before hasty balancing update.

-mega snip-

Energia2006sssIMG_0441.jpg

Thanks for these, great stuff.

This one in particular, the old 70s Terminals spread about gives a very kerbal look I think.

It looks a lot more roomy than I imagined for a small station, interesting.

am i stupid or do i miss somthing,but i dont know how to install :)

How can I help?

In the file you download is called Tantares.7z (or something similar).

You use the program 7-Zip to extract this (into a new folder).

You find new folder called "Tantares".

Put this folder inside your "GameData" folder like all other mods.

Hope this helps :) .

f64f24b9e2.png

Edited by Beale

oh my fu**ing Kod ... how could i missed this awesome Mod? Baele i love you ! finaly stock looking Soyuz parts ! I LOVE IT ! just took the beauty for a testride ony my stock Soyuz 2-3 lifter ... just awesome how clean the Tantares dits on a 1,25m lifter.

about the little offset CoM for RCS ... just place it a little bit more lower on the gridstructure, just underneath the decoupler and the problem is fixed (and it looks so more like teh real soyuz ^^ )

later i will show you somee Pics my Stock Soyuz together with Tantares :)

Yeah, Beale, about the textures, Could you just put one up here so I can drag and drop to my desktop? And about the Salyut/Vega, could you make special docking ports like with the actual soyuz?

Sure thing :) .

Orbital

Crew

About docking ports, it is a "would be nice to have" feature, but not top priority, as stock ones are reasonably good. Wait and see :wink: .

oh my fu**ing Kod ... how could i missed this awesome Mod? Baele i love you ! finaly stock looking Soyuz parts ! I LOVE IT ! just took the beauty for a testride ony my stock Soyuz 2-3 lifter ... just awesome how clean the Tantares dits on a 1,25m lifter.

about the little offset CoM for RCS ... just place it a little bit more lower on the gridstructure, just underneath the decoupler and the problem is fixed (and it looks so more like teh real soyuz ^^ )

later i will show you somee Pics my Stock Soyuz together with Tantares :)

Haha, it is good to see people enjoy it.

You are right with the RCS position.

for reference, here is a 1.25m part with the RCS balls... it looks a bit big...

Ooof! My memory was fuzzy, hadn't used those side tanks in a long while!

Yeah, looks like something will have to be made, lets say about a third of the size, with third of the RCS?

Thanks for the input.

Revised Shape:

e53ffa32f1.jpg

Edited by Beale