[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Thanks for the replies on about everything, the only thing I really want to know is, well, would you work on a ksp mod that includes smaller than usuall spacecraft parts and probes (i.e. smaller than 0.625 meters, and possibly 0.35 meters).

Thank you for responding

Astrofox

I think the tweakscale issue(if there is a tweakscale issue) is that Tantares had a config way back before the TKS. This config may be broken by the remodel. (Again, this is purely an uninformed hypothesis)

EDIT: also, is there still a chance at seeing CARV and/or alternate Fuji OMs?

Yeah, the Tweakscale config is very-very old. I think it will be good to contact the mod author to update or delete it. I just irrationally, well, don't like that mod and try not to use it if possible, once again, I don't know why, maybe because of the annoying SUDDEN SIZE CHANGES and some really dated configs. Anyway, something should be done about the config, since people use it.

So, I tried to make the L-RCS Stability Block (RCS assembly for the LK lander) into a docking port by adding:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDockingNode
referenceAttachNode = top
nodeType = size0
}

to the config, and while it appears to have docking properties in the VAB (tweakable everything gives me all the standard "sliders" and so forth) it does NOT have any docking port properties in flight (preassembled has no "decouple node" button, and it can't be "docked" with)

So this leads me to wonder, what is required to make a part a docking port? I assume some sort of node or attribute wasn't included in Unity when it was made into a part...

Edited by tg626

The new LOK looks amazing! Can't wait for the release.

Are you planning on releasing the soyuz updates as it's own update, or waiting for the LK and/or other stuff too before making it an "official" release? :)

Like the final soyuz art: a fine balance of greeble and stock-a-like.

Many thanks :)

Cool - I was close...

http://i.imgur.com/OMpN8CC.png

I used that ugly stock Decoupler because funds - and I needed to ditch the SM for reentry while keeping the Heatshield attached O_O;

Did you include a Heatshield? I didn't see one...

Nevermind, found it...

The heatshield includes a decoupler :) or it should do...

I think the tweakscale issue(if there is a tweakscale issue) is that Tantares had a config way back before the TKS. This config may be broken by the remodel. (Again, this is purely an uninformed hypothesis)

EDIT: also, is there still a chance at seeing CARV and/or alternate Fuji OMs?

Carv and Fuji stuff: Another victim of 'ooh, I'm doing this shiny new stuff now'

Personally, I will say the PPTS is not so far away, will fill the role of Carv.

Tried Mk3 cootie in 0.25, looks (and weights, and that is so goddamn important for me!) great so far.Solar panels on high air friction just disappears, is that how they supposed to be (yeah, I used hack-gravity-float-nears-KSC-trick for testing)?

Odd issue, I haven't tested it, so I cannot say for sure. The Solar panels use a new method of pivoting, so there could be problems,

Just curious, is there a HotRockets config for this?

Not yet, I've been looking into smokescreen stuff :)

Thanks for the replies on about everything, the only thing I really want to know is, well, would you work on a ksp mod that includes smaller than usuall spacecraft parts and probes (i.e. smaller than 0.625 meters, and possibly 0.35 meters).

Thank you for responding

Astrofox

0.35 meters, I doubt it, sorry.

Have you checked out RoverDude's sounding rockets? Provides exactly that size.

Yeah, the Tweakscale config is very-very old. I think it will be good to contact the mod author to update or delete it. I just irrationally, well, don't like that mod and try not to use it if possible, once again, I don't know why, maybe because of the annoying SUDDEN SIZE CHANGES and some really dated configs. Anyway, something should be done about the config, since people use it.

I had no idea there was a tantares specific config! I'll look into it :)

So, I tried to make the L-RCS Stability Block (RCS assembly for the LK lander) into a docking port by adding:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleDockingNode
referenceAttachNode = top
nodeType = size0
}

to the config, and while it appears to have docking properties in the VAB (tweakable everything gives me all the standard "sliders" and so forth) it does NOT have any docking port properties in flight (preassembled has no "decouple node" button, and it can't be "docked" with)

So this leads me to wonder, what is required to make a part a docking port? I assume some sort of node or attribute wasn't included in Unity when it was made into a part...

A solid effort my friend :) but unfortunately it requires a "docvkingNode" transform in unity. The new LK will have this.

The new LOK looks amazing! Can't wait for the release.

Are you planning on releasing the soyuz updates as it's own update, or waiting for the LK and/or other stuff too before making it an "official" release? :)

Many thanks!

I plan release when TKS is done. LK to follow soon after.

Beale, just to be clear, the new KURS T-CD01 dish isn't replacing the old trusty TST CD-01, right? I use that little guy on everything...

It is replacing it! :o

But, being mainly the same size and shape. I do not see compat. Issues

A solid effort my friend :) but unfortunately it requires a "docvkingNode" transform in unity. The new LK will have this.

As I suspected. ^_^

Is there a resource where you learned this? I looked around (google) but didn't turn up anything...

Carv and Fuji stuff: Another victim of 'ooh, I'm doing this shiny new stuff now'

Sad to hear there won't be a Carv, but excited to hear about the PPTS!

Also, just tried out the beta. Very nice work!

Edited by DGatsby

The heatshield includes a decoupler :) or it should do...

Odd issue, I haven't tested it, so I cannot say for sure. The Solar panels use a new method of pivoting, so there could be problems,

Not yet, I've been looking into smokescreen stuff :)

0.35 meters, I doubt it, sorry.

Have you checked out RoverDude's sounding rockets? Provides exactly that size.

I had no idea there was a tantares specific config! I'll look into it :)

Many thanks!

I plan release when TKS is done. LK to follow soon after.

It is replacing it! :o

But, being mainly the same size and shape. I do not see compat. Issues

Anyway how are AB launchers doing? Is the release gonna come soon?

FYI, there's also a Tantares config bundled with RealChute that could use some love as well. :)

The one bundled with Tantares should override that config, so I don't think there is a problem. Though, I might be wrong.

As I suspected. ^_^

Is there a resource where you learned this? I looked around (google) but didn't turn up anything...

Check the PM :)

Basically just by inspecting the SQUAD docking node.

Sad to hear there won't be a Carv, but excited to hear about the PPTS!

Also, just tried out the beta. Very nice work!

anyway beale, reguarding my issue, i found out that it was because realchute is being naughty. i removed realchutes and your part is fine now. probably some config issues.

The config may need a look at on the other hand.

Thanks for showing me this bug :)

>Beale has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Please, clear your messages! I need to send you something.

SnowWhite brings gifts!

47f1f3ea18.jpg

Anyway how are AB launchers doing? Is the release gonna come soon?

Progressing very nicely, hoojiwana is doing some gorgeous engine-related things at the moment, which I am sure people will love. More news in the near future I imagine. :)

I would rather see new IVAs before the PPTS, but seeing as they are on hold until props are complete, this probably won't happen. :P

Today I have began on props:

35b55d82cf.jpg

So I think maybe IVAs will be first, they are really quite important.

Also:

The new Shenzou. What if it wasn't a Shenzou?

Or, what if it still was, but also could be used as a Soyuz-A also?

1024px-Soyuz-A_drawing.png

Edited by Beale

I have seen a few posts about the new Soyuz update breaking compatibility. What changed?

The vast majority of parts have different sizes.

Though no parts are missing, there may be some risk in loading existing ships, I.E some nodes have changed position.

Soyuz-A? :o That's great!

It is not finished, still needs a lot of detail, but here is Soyuz-A / Shenzou OM

You'll notice all the panels are blank, need hatches and stuff...

c7a7dd816e.jpg

03a1e1a8db.jpg

So, I have improved my R-7 service towers. They now include floodlights and a spacecraft access arm for crewed missions.

http://i.imgur.com/1Lj0WaD.png

http://i.imgur.com/DGDopEm.png

This would probably cause the rocket to heat up and burst into flames in real life.:P

original.jpg

Good god, those lights constitute war crimes.

Brilliant setup, I love it! :)

Edit:

Updated details Podrick, copious details.

43b442dcc0.jpg

282cb55621.jpg

f0efb5727b.jpg

31efc667f2.jpgf2ab240ba5.jpg

Tantares Mk3 is complete! (Exterior)

You can grab all the new textures in the repo!

Edited by Beale

Do you plan on adding some more props to the station part ivas? They look so empty. :P

Absolutely. If you check 1 or 2 pages back you will see some goodies. There is some exciting developments with prop Dev, I'll tell soon :)

The current ATV IVA will provide a nice testbed to try out a lot of these props.