[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I think I figured it out, the old docking port B wasn't deleted in that install, causing probably this mess. :)

This is brilliant! I can't help myself but to love it! I want to try it out so badly. :)

For the new pics, I think I can make a couple. :)

Ah! That was a tricky little issue... Glad it is fixed.

For pics: that's great! I'm grabbing stuff myself, but it's mainly run-of-the-mill boring shots to just capture the craft! :)

Oh, I love this thing!

I think I will put together a small (RAM-free) expansion for my "Spektr-Korabl", inc. fuel tank and engine!

There was a talk a while ago of an "original" spacecraft, here it is! :D

b466acf537.jpg

6800605f4b.jpg

Edited by Beale

Beautiful! The new Spektr is cute... I guess I'll have both! (And the original one was a "bit" modified by me... to weigh 11.5 tons and generate 7.5 charge per sec.)

Many thanks :)

Ah, you had made a little alteration? That's pretty cool idea perhaps, the LK also I stick a little power "slug" in there to keep the thing alive forever.

Modification: Put a heatshield on the bottom.

ebcf405f8e.jpg

acf6bbb4cf.jpg

ce666d0081.jpg

Edited by Beale

Many thanks :)

Ah, you had made a little alteration? That's pretty cool idea perhaps, the LK also I stick a little power "slug" in there to keep the thing alive forever.

Modification: Put a heatshield on the bottom.

http://puu.sh/fo5nr/ebcf405f8e.jpg

http://puu.sh/fo5oX/acf6bbb4cf.jpg

http://puu.sh/fo6aP/ce666d0081.jpg

I love it!

That new Spektr is really neat! Thank you for making it; it's going to fill a niche in my space program.

Ever since you started the revamp, I've been planning out a new Tantares career. It will start out pretty standard: Vostok -> Zond -> Soyuz, then I'll build an LKO station serviced by the TKS and a Munar/Minmar station serviced by the Soyuz and Progress. After that I'll "modernize" and have a new LKO station serviced by an MTK-VP (I've been designing shuttles that landed like this one for years, but had no idea anyone ever wanted to do that in real life!!) and have a new Munar/Minmar station serviced by the little Spektr. If you're still doing the PPTS, then I'll use that for high-capacity Kerbal missions beyond the Kerbin system.

Hey Beale, haven't you thought about making fairings for the crafts? Once again, for the self-sustainment of the mod it could be nice! I don't remember if I told you before. I'll try once again to make for Soyuz, but I'm not sure how will they work.

I love it!

I'm glad :)

That new Spektr is really neat! Thank you for making it; it's going to fill a niche in my space program.

Ever since you started the revamp, I've been planning out a new Tantares career. It will start out pretty standard: Vostok -> Zond -> Soyuz, then I'll build an LKO station serviced by the TKS and a Munar/Minmar station serviced by the Soyuz and Progress. After that I'll "modernize" and have a new LKO station serviced by an MTK-VP (I've been designing shuttles that landed like this one for years, but had no idea anyone ever wanted to do that in real life!!) and have a new Munar/Minmar station serviced by the little Spektr. If you're still doing the PPTS, then I'll use that for high-capacity Kerbal missions beyond the Kerbin system.

Thanks!

Oh, the PPTS is still for sure coming up (next in fact, the poll has spoken, blessed be the poll).

It sounds like an interesting career mode :)

Thankyou for introducing the word "Minmar"!

Hey Beale, haven't you thought about making fairings for the crafts? Once again, for the self-sustainment of the mod it could be nice! I don't remember if I told you before. I'll try once again to make for Soyuz, but I'm not sure how will they work.

I'm not sure how really... Though I do like what Necro-Bones is doing with fairings.

I've always been an advocate for PF when it comes to it.

What trouble do you have with Soyuz fairings exactly, give me a minute, I can demonstrate my "setup".

Edit: oh, you were probably meaning to model them.

Edit: Beyond that, we will probably get stock fairings quite soon.

69ba9ee022.jpg

Also, adapters, the boring stuff, but eh...

d34eb2b798.jpg

Edited by Beale

I'm not sure how really... Though I do like what Necro-Bones is doing with fairings.

I've always been an advocate for PF when it comes to it.

What trouble do you have with Soyuz fairings exactly, give me a minute, I can demonstrate my "setup".

Edit: Beyond that, we will probably get stock fairings quite soon.

http://puu.sh/fohV1/69ba9ee022.jpg

Also, adapters, the boring stuff, but eh...

http://puu.sh/fogAJ/d34eb2b798.jpg

Yeah, stock fairings, but I'm not sure how will they be, something PF-like or KWRocketry-like, so, once it's the time of uncertainty, making your own could be a pretty good solution.

The problem is modelling, I can never guess correctly their sizes. But now I've understood it could be a good idea to use the stock info window (yeah, I am that stupid).

And after all, I'm not as good in modelling and especially texturing as you. :)

Yeah, stock fairings, but I'm not sure how will they be, something PF-like or KWRocketry-like, so, once it's the time of uncertainty, making your own could be a pretty good solution.

The problem is modelling, I can never guess correctly their sizes. But now I've understood it could be a good idea to use the stock info window (yeah, I am that stupid).

And after all, I'm not as good in modelling and especially texturing as you. :)

maxmaps confirmed they will be procedural to reduce part spam

Yup stock fairings will thankfully be flexible.

One advantage is complete control of texture and FX (I've been a fan of KW rocketry's powered fairings).

There are some oddities too, like Vostok's shroud.

But, ultimately, I think I may wait for 1.0 and see where we stand. :)

Adapters!

I hope you folks like adapters, because I have adapters.

None of them required any new texture, zero painting, that's pretty cool I suppose.

e8502d7258.jpg

c5a1f56aba.jpg

806f0ba73b.jpg

e0a4e3a4db.jpg

Yup stock fairings will thankfully be flexible.

One advantage is complete control of texture and FX (I've been a fan of KW rocketry's powered fairings).

There are some oddities too, like Vostok's shroud.

But, ultimately, I think I may wait for 1.0 and see where we stand. :)

Adapters!

I hope you folks like adapters, because I have adapters.

None of them required any new texture, zero painting, that's pretty cool I suppose.

http://puu.sh/fopX7/e8502d7258.jpg

http://puu.sh/foqlx/c5a1f56aba.jpg

http://puu.sh/foqrv/806f0ba73b.jpg

http://puu.sh/foqEd/e0a4e3a4db.jpg

That's relaxing news to have them procedural, I'm not very quick with reading news from Squad, I've read only today that Russian-speaking moderators are needed for the forum. :)

And for the Vostok matter, that is the reason to have them made separately. And I'm especially afraid of giant N-1 shroud for L3 ship.

Yay, I love those pretty adapters! :)

That's a pretty cool thing for having those with VA, installing a 0.625 docking port can make it Apollo-like thingy, now that we have fuel in the Orbital Block.

That's relaxing news to have them procedural, I'm not very quick with reading news from Squad, I've read only today that Russian-speaking moderators are needed for the forum. :)

And for the Vostok matter, that is the reason to have them made separately. And I'm especially afraid of giant N-1 shroud for L3 ship.

Yes, I think the examples you give are good reasons why the stock fairings might not cover all the needs, but at least for general Soyuz and Proton stuff, I think it is good.

Now those are some nice adapters!
Yay, I love those pretty adapters! :)

That's a pretty cool thing for having those with VA, installing a 0.625 docking port can make it Apollo-like thingy, now that we have fuel in the Orbital Block.

Hey! Many thanks! :)

Did someone say discount Apollo capsule? No? Oh god, the voices are back...

b227a74ab3.jpg

06328a1178.jpg

You could use this to ferry a little cargo, but it does not have so much delta V without an auxiliary tank in the cargo hold.

Release is close!

Tomorrow I would say, barring any discovered bugs.

What a fun month it has been.

Edited by Beale

Release is close!

Tomorrow I would say, barring any discovered bugs.

What a fun month it has been.

But there is so much stuff yet in the, ahem, that list, IYKWIM!

Anyway, thanks for the warning, I'll update all the configs for the new version until tomorrow.

That's such a cute little vehicle! Sticking it in the RLA screenshot folder thing because that's a great use of the engine there, sits snugly on that adapter.

Cool!

Glad it is enjoyed. :)

But there is so much stuff yet in the, ahem, that list, IYKWIM!

Anyway, thanks for the warning, I'll update all the configs for the new version until tomorrow.

Good point!

Eh, actually it could wait a little longer.

(Well, there is no rush for updating configs straight away).

Yes, IVAs should come next, they have been a pressing issue for long enough. I wonder if it would be possible for Spektr to have a cross between a station IVA and a capsule IVA. (Seats in the front, facing the window, storage and living space in the back?)

I can provide craft files for the new Soyuz. They have non-suntracking solar panels, fixed so both 2 sides face the Sun than the KSP symetry which makes 1 panel face one side and other one look at another side.

(P.S. Beale when you release new Soyuz, will my new Soyuz beta craft files be FUBAR?)

Cheers, flamerboy67664/SpaceEagle

I can provide craft files for the new Soyuz. They have non-suntracking solar panels, fixed so both 2 sides face the Sun than the KSP symetry which makes 1 panel face one side and other one look at another side.

(P.S. Beale when you release new Soyuz, will my new Soyuz beta craft files be FUBAR?)

I can answer those questions. With regards to symmetry, switch to mirror/SPH mode. (I think it's TAB or "R"?) This will make them attach like you want them to.

With regards to the Soyuz craft files, they don't totally corrupt the craft files, things just get attached weird. For all intents and purposes though, yes, they do break crafts. De-orbit anything with Tantares hardware on it to prevent Kraken attacks. Your craft files may be loadable, you'll just have to re-attatch parts to get them to connect properly.

Beale, I love the new screenies! And those shiny shiny AB launchers too!

But... the adapters... Those "stock" looking riffle-adapters... I don't think they really do justice to the glory of all the other parts. IMO, using "smooth" adapters (VA style) would be a much better choice.

This mod is my super favorite. You could almost delete the entire stock inventory and you could still have a rockin' space program with Tantares + LV.

:blush:

My my, thank you!

Loving the new SPEKTR :) please tell me its gonna be IVA'd as a piloted pod and not a computer controlled crewcan

As for installing nuclear generator fuel slugs I'll reiterate my way earlier point that you wouldn't need to do that if the reactions wheels weren't so power hungry

I couldn't add that window and not have it be piloted :)

Gah, the reaction wheels, yes I have long forgotten these things, will fix. For real.

Yes, IVAs should come next, they have been a pressing issue for long enough. I wonder if it would be possible for Spektr to have a cross between a station IVA and a capsule IVA. (Seats in the front, facing the window, storage and living space in the back?)

Still creating props for IVAs, so taking a little longer.

But yeah, I suppose that will be the gist of the Spektr interior! :)

Speaking of stations - mildly related to Tantares as I use the ALV Block B engines and the "Waykeepers" as well...

http://imgur.com/a/n9osq

That landing leg design is genius! No more alignment problems!

Great mission.

If you have a craft file that's aces. The Soyuz Beta is up-to-date part size wise, so no glitchy problems.

Beale, I love the new screenies! And those shiny shiny AB launchers too!

But... the adapters... Those "stock" looking riffle-adapters... I don't think they really do justice to the glory of all the other parts. IMO, using "smooth" adapters (VA style) would be a much better choice.

I am a fan of the "riffle" (Is this the correct word? I've been calling them indents forever...) adapters for the shorter pieces. Actually, maybe some slightly longer "smooth" adapters will be good too.