[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

As far as I know that's the only planned replacement of the Soyuz even though I haven't heard any news about it for quite a while.
It doesn't matter so much what is the real future for PPTS, we have N-1 and TKS, so not used spacecraft is no problem. :)

You could have a whole Soyuz-will-never-be-replaced (deal with it Russia) set, with PPTS, Kliper, Zarya, and we already have TKS!

Woof woof! Want!

You could have a whole Soyuz-will-never-be-replaced (deal with it Russia) set, with PPTS, Kliper, Zarya, and we already have TKS!

Hmm, I am quite fond of this idea :)

http://i.imgur.com/yvk62qp.jpg

Little space station I've been putting together. I'm infatuated with these little modules I made with Procedural Parts and Tantares bits, I call it Koliada.

http://i.imgur.com/tnMu0kv.jpg

I really like the 1.875m station modules, I hadn't thought to try that, but it seems they come together quite well. :cool:

Given that, some 1.875m, or maybe 1.25m probe core parts would go nicely.

But the N1 at least exploded on the launchpad and I'm for a strictly explosion based selection.

Hehe! Well, the PPTS has made it to at least a mockup stage, even if they haven't produced any testing craft yet, so I'll call a pre-explosion selection.

Anyway!

Here's the Blok-D.

It's actually an SSTO for very small payloads (Think Cube probe with solar panels, not Venera).

But, I don't see that as a problem really.

Currently it looks to be a great alternative to the LV-N for interplanetary or Lunar missions, when the payload is in the "medium" range.

Extra care has been taken with the balancing, as it is meant to slot into the LV-T family quite nicely 2a8cf94195.png

5a0f5e27bf.jpg

5d747c237c.jpg

db3ad90d50.jpg

And LK IVA - is hard to model.

a16dd40e73.jpg

Edited by Beale

Looking forward to the BlokD release, it will be nice to have something to fill the interplanetary-probe roll of the LV-N that's not quite so damned long.

Thanks! :)

It still might be tweaked further. Niemand had some interesting ideas to integrate a probe core into the Tank, to make it more or less a self-contained system. Still, it should be ready shortly, along with the rest of the LK.

Is it normal for my crew portraits to not show up in the bottom right of my screen when in a Tantares command module?

I can understand not having a first person IVA, but it makes it hard to understand where my kerbals are without the portraits.

Edited by tschieggm

Is it normal for my crew portraits to not show up in the bottom right of my screen when in a Tantares command module?

I can understand not having a first person IVA, but it makes it hard to understand where my kerbals are without the portraits.

IVAs a currently missing, and being re-done. Basically you need some form of IVA to get the portrait (Even if it is just a placeholder).

This mod is a good thing to have until they're finished.

It still might be tweaked further. Niemand had some interesting ideas to integrate a probe core into the Tank, to make it more or less a self-contained system. Still, it should be ready shortly, along with the rest of the LK.

That would be very useful, I like having an upper stage that can deorbit itself or park in orbit once the job's done.

What sort of size would a Tantares PPTS likely be? 2.5m?

Good idea, although that would make it Blok-DM (N1's Blok D was controlled from LOK and LK, IIRC). Be sure to add RT support.

That would be very useful, I like having an upper stage that can deorbit itself or park in orbit once the job's done.

What sort of size would a Tantares PPTS likely be? 2.5m?

Yep, less orbital debris, keeps half-section happy.

PPTS - 2.5m yep.

Here's comparison.

It actually is a pretty huge leap in size from TKS!

ae940502af.jpg

But, only moderately bigger than the Spektr.

7a00f473eb.jpg

Good idea, although that would make it Blok-DM (N1's Blok D was controlled from LOK and LK, IIRC). Be sure to add RT support.

So that's the difference? Thanks for the info :)

I guess we can call it a Blok-DM then!

RT-Support, of course! I'm back to using it again.

Edited by Beale

Tantares + Corvus + HGR = Mercury-like transport vehicle.

65bdee9aed08ff9b839ee6a6b8f0ac4a.png

The project to station crew resupply is called Moho-Rand (don't ask).

That stock Atlas-alike has enough dV to put it into LKO with plenty of monopropellant to maneuver, rendezvous, dock and return.

Maybe later I will use it in coldwaresque roleplay playtrough.

Tantares + Corvus + HGR = Mercury-like transport vehicle.

http://i.gyazo.com/65bdee9aed08ff9b839ee6a6b8f0ac4a.png

The project to station crew resupply is called Moho-Rand (don't ask).

That stock Atlas-alike has enough dV to put it into LKO with plenty of monopropellant to maneuver, rendezvous, dock and return.

Maybe later I will use it in coldwaresque roleplay playtrough.

You should check out OMSK for stockalike Atlas :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112419

I have seen it and thought about using it but I mostly find myself not using larger and non-regular-shaped launchers' parts anyway. It's hard to maintain, erm, their stockness. I usually scavenge them for engines and adapters and make same things, but less clean and monolitic. Think Apollo from Tantares' TKS parts - my designs are more in this way.

The project to station crew resupply is called Moho-Rand

That's an interesting name, may I ask? Just kidding.

It's a real cute little thing! Nice job.

The old LK engine is horrible, so I re-did it again.

eeec0c4912.jpg