[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

I've been trying to set up my antenna range config for this mod, however I can't quite work out the name correlations between the antennae and their config names (like the ones available in the remotetech config). What I mean to ask is, could I have a list of something like "The L-HG1 is named Vega_Antenna_C" please? I'd love it.

If you look at the Parts .cfg file for each antenna part, it will tell you what that antenna is. For example, Tantares/Parts/VOSTOK/_Almach_Antenna_A.cfg has a line that reads "title = A961A Hoop Antenna"; /Parts/VENERA/_Fomalhaut_Antenna_A has "title = F020A 'Nova' Communications Dish". Etc.

That docking port looks a LOT like the later model shenzhou ports....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, please PLEASE make it 1.875 ... it would fill a HUGE gap in the launcher lineup ...

- - - Updated - - -

Someone requested some craft files.

Here ya go.

Contains:

Mercury

Gemini

Vostok

Soyuz

Soyuz-LOK

Shenzhou

Venera

LK lander

VA Capsule Assembly (only, not the full TKS)

R-7 Rocket

Proton Rocket

N-1 Rocket

All have lights correctly mapped to the lights action group. Action group 1 toggles the panels/etc on all craft.

The rockets are provided as regular ships, with a stayputnik at the top, so you can drag-and-drop them as subs.

These aren't "official" tantares craft files or anything, just some stuff I whipped up of my own volition.

All are designed to use only the tantares packs and stock parts.

Intended to be functional, and reasonable representations for the impatient - not 42521 part hyper-detailed FPS killers.

Could you (or someone) do a re-upload of these? I get 404 when using the link

I've been trying to set up my antenna range config for this mod, however I can't quite work out the name correlations between the antennae and their config names (like the ones available in the remotetech config). What I mean to ask is, could I have a list of something like "The L-HG1 is named Vega_Antenna_C" please? I'd love it.

A few pages back I posted an AR config for the Tantares parts. It's commented with the ingame names and descriptions.

My AR config post

HOW in the world did you have that many klaws without the kraken coming to devour your ship? The klaw is kraken bait and your ship is its food!

So, can anyone tell me the status of Tantares and Realism Overhaul compatibility?

I installed Tantares last night to my RO install, and the config seems possibly outdated, since nothing from Tantares was resized or otherwise realism-ized. Has anyone else seen this problem with the latest Tantares and RO versions, and if so, how did you get around it? :)

Wow!

How is the arm controlled?

I wanted to go to change the IVA of the Soyuz. In other Pods I change the Internal in the part.cfg to another IVA. That works. But not for the Soyuz-Capsule. There is still the original IVA of Tantares.

Hello!

I'm not sure what you are trying to change, more detail?

Hey Beale! nice to see you back! btw, how may kerbals will this hold? nice to see then next gen RUSSIAN craft being represented in kerbal]

Hello! (Not back quite permanently yet, but have some free time).

It will hold 6 :)

Wow, glad to see you back, Beale! Maybe you will like new KSS I am going to use as a training ground for Duna landing :3

It has a Soyuz, Tantares, CARV (Mk1-2 on your ATV service module) and Tundra Exploration Dragon V2 as crew ships. And also the ATV you can see is docked forever as an additional European laboratory. :3

http://cs622131.vk.me/v622131511/4152b/7D1CS_8JCZk.jpg

http://cs622131.vk.me/v622131511/41521/QD9wdWZekes.jpg

http://cs622131.vk.me/v622131511/41517/LkMVhYIthEw.jpg

http://cs622131.vk.me/v622131511/4150d/a9eZmZJ_rbg.jpg

Wow! That's a nice build :) I love the Dragon is visiting too.

I think some kind of MPLM I can make would be a simple addition.

So, can anyone tell me the status of Tantares and Realism Overhaul compatibility?

I installed Tantares last night to my RO install, and the config seems possibly outdated, since nothing from Tantares was resized or otherwise realism-ized. Has anyone else seen this problem with the latest Tantares and RO versions, and if so, how did you get around it? :)

Hello!

Sorry, I think it is somewhat out of date, I'll give it some attention when I can.

Unfortunately RO updates less faster than Tantares. You can grab here my latest configs, which will come in the next RO version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7dut2ee98bvu0m/RO_Tantares_v3.zip?dl=0

Have you considered either moving the Soyuz rocket to basic rocketry or adding a lighter version for the Vostok-style capsule? I like having historically accuratish missions and can't bring myself to launch my Vostok mission with anything other than the proper rocket. However, advanced rocketry takes a little bit to unlock when you're not willing to fly manned missions until you can launch a proper Vostok.

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Cheesecake viewpost-right.png

I wanted to go to change the IVA of the Soyuz. In other Pods I change the Internal in the part.cfg to another IVA. That works. But not for the Soyuz-Capsule. There is still the original IVA of Tantares.

Hello!

I'm not sure what you are trying to change, more detail?

in the part.cfg there is a line "internal=". Thats the linkage to the IVA. In other non-Tantares-capsules I can change this to every other IVA like ASET etc. Then I have Ingame the ASET-IVA.

With the Soyuz of Tantares it didn`t work. I have always the primal Tantares-IVA.

*Sorry for bad English. :wink:

Have you considered either moving the Soyuz rocket to basic rocketry or adding a lighter version for the Vostok-style capsule? I like having historically accuratish missions and can't bring myself to launch my Vostok mission with anything other than the proper rocket. However, advanced rocketry takes a little bit to unlock when you're not willing to fly manned missions until you can launch a proper Vostok.

You might enjoy the Soviet Space Program conversion mod in my sig (which uses the Tantares parts), it re-arranges the parts to get a more traditional progression. (for example, you get the basic R-7 side booster tanks before you get the soyuz rocket style bulge-tank and upper stage, etc etc)

You might enjoy the Soviet Space Program conversion mod in my sig (which uses the Tantares parts), it re-arranges the parts to get a more traditional progression. (for example, you get the basic R-7 side booster tanks before you get the soyuz rocket style bulge-tank and upper stage, etc etc)

It looks good, but is there a "light" version that just re-arranges parts? I like the idea a lot, but I don't want to eliminate American-style parts.

Edit: of course, I can simply remove the removed parts from the .cfg.

Edited by captainradish

'Twas midnight, and after doing some serious missions I was looking at Tantares parts I barely use, and I managed to somehow throw together the funnest aircraft I've ever flown.

Let me present Geoffrey Saucer:

20r1yl0.jpg

It's ridiculous. Almost impossible to crash, flies stably from about 30 m/s to 0.75 mach, can pull 15G turns, and fly sideways and backwards. And if you think anyone's following you, no problem, just pull a 360 turn and check your blind spot.

Requires Tantares (obviously) and MRS (for the tiny jets and the very important and stylish forward control point). After that it's quite easy to put together, but I can share the craft file if anyone wants to give Geoffrey a try :)

Sorry for the shameless post, but I wanted the most awesome modder to know that his parts made me genuinly grin and chuckle. Also, congrats on the little one, and being a fresh father as well (soon a double one), I wish you an awesome family life!

Edited by TheBedla

'Twas midnight, and after doing some serious missions I was looking at Tantares parts I barely use, and I managed to somehow throw together the funnest aircraft I've ever flown.

Let me present Geoffrey Saucer:

http://i59.tinypic.com/20r1yl0.jpg

It's ridiculous. Almost impossible to crash, flies stably from about 30 m/s to 0.75 mach, can pull 15G turns, and fly sideways and backwards. And if you think anyone's following you, no problem, just pull a 360 turn and check your blind spot.

Requires Tantares (obviously) and MRS (for the tiny jets and the very important and stylish forward control point). After that it's quite easy to put together, but I can share the craft file if anyone wants to give Geoffrey a try :)

Despite your general "let's-laugh-at-something-we-don't-unsderstand-yet"-esque reaction to such craft. I'm the only one who didn't laugh and frankly, I find the craft quite cute and useful! :D

I'm still on break from KSP though. That and waiting for this darn humid summer to end. Anyway, how's the progress with ATV revamp? Sorry in advance if that was talked of before, been away for so long I can't be bothered reading all the pages.

I for one would also like to see the later Soviet launch vehicles. The Energia comes to mind...perhaps even a version without a nosecone.

Edit: having looked further into the Energia (while I was waiting on one of my capsules to splash down) I stumbled across this page: http://www.nss.org/settlement/moon/LUNOX.html. One of the photos is of an Energia being used with an unmanned upper stage being used to launch a lunar base. Highly interesting.

Edited by captainradish

How's it going with updating the craft files, curt?

Hah. Hahah. Everything is pretty much on hold for the moment. I had to go to space for real last week. :D

o9uPXmQl.jpgkkMHI5kl.png

I've got a final for my Summer courses on Monday, and then I can finally get back to work on KSP things. I have some great video ideas I'd like to explore as well.

The ATV solar panels are in Unity, I just haven't had enough time to dedicate to animation. Also setting up solar panels in Unity is new to me, so I'm having to learn that as well.

xmJXYLWl.png

The scaling bug is a stock KSP bug as Beale mentioned. TweakScale can make this problem worse. If the root part of a craft is scaled at all, it'll flip out. The way to get around this is to scale the root like you want, then select a NON-SCALED part as the new root. That will keep it from shrinking. Remember. On the back-end of KSP parts, sometimes parts are modeled a certain size, then scaled up in the actual config file. This is why parts kinda momentarily shrink sometimes in the editor. It happens. Fingers crossed for the Unity 5 update. :D

Hope you're all doing well otherwise. :)

Edited by curtquarquesso