[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

My first full opportunity to play 1.1:

Is part wobble a returning issue? I am getting very 0.18 like wobble on vessel unpack. Though once loaded and allowed to settle they are okay.

I sent two Salyut 7 like stations to a low orbit. The first had its solar panels ripped off, from a pair of fairings with too low an ejection rate. 

One interesting conclusion is that cutting out the third stage entirely is a pretty good compromise to the "proton is overpowered" argument. 

I kind-of like the Proton the way it is. It's a good alternative to the N-1 as a mun rocket.

1 hour ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Man, everybody is able to launch excrements and my game just crashes on launch pad loading... the heck!?

CM

This is kind of the wrong place to post this.

You should seek technical support in the support forum, unless your issues are Tantares specific.

26 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

Is it true that only the soyuz (all parts), the fuij (only the descent module) and the LK lander module have IVA's? I would love to see them for other parts too like the Salyut, I really like the mod!

IVAs are an aspiration, but as covered in the last few pages are a long process to create.

5 minutes ago, captainradish said:

I kind-of like the Proton the way it is. It's a good alternative to the N-1 as a mun rocket.

Especially considering how far the N1 will take you in the Kerbol system :wink:

2 minutes ago, Deltac said:

Fixed that for you.

Haha! Well, that seems, then, to fit with the acutal Soyuz design! Whenever you look at astronauts sitting in that thing, it really doesnt seem like it was ever meant to be a 3 man crew, its so tight! And to think, they have to sit in that thing for 2 days during RV to the ISS!

CM

2 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Haha! Well, that seems, then, to fit with the acutal Soyuz design! Whenever you look at astronauts sitting in that thing, it really doesnt seem like it was ever meant to be a 3 man crew, its so tight! And to think, they have to sit in that thing for 2 days during RV to the ISS!

CM

What do you mean why the Soyuz always carries an orbital module? It is hygiene equipment, inventories and the possibility to move slightly.
Oh yes, it is possible to press 3 Kerbals in a 1.25m capsule (without helmets). However, the Kerbals should then feel like sardines in a can. Olive oil would be recommended instead of air.

Something, something, 3 Kerbals, Soyu...

giphy.gif

We do not talk about this.

21 minutes ago, hraban said:

Thank you for advice Beale :)

L7BbrZA.png

Now after giving you the advice I may have to steal it back!

Nice work :) 

Small colour changes.

757195745b.jpge01824de94.jpg

Just now, Beale said:

Something, something, 3 Kerbals, Soyu...

giphy.gif

We do not talk about this.

Now after giving you the advice I may have to steal it back!

Nice work :) 

Small colour changes.

757195745b.jpge01824de94.jpg

Agreed. Their is a image of the Soyuz pod pages back that shows how small the IVA is. @Beale: I apologize for how much I bantered you for a three person IVA. 

Nice changes to the new pods :D 

34 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

You can't physically fit 3 kerbals in a 1.25m pod.

You can with a bit of effort...

porkert_grinder_20.gif

Be sure to leave the autopilot engaged once everyone is aboard.

15 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

@Beale, why is the Soyuz capsule in KSP a two crew capacity only, when the real thing is a 3 man crew capacity? Just always wondered why that was...

HGR Redux (+ community fixes) has a nice Soy-Juice with 3 kerbal capacity. 1.875 parts though.

Edited by hendrack