[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

51 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

You're kidding! No way... I wonder if they actually know, or what they're motive is. Any links?

They definitely know of KSP. The NASA parts were made cooperatively with them, after all

10 hours ago, Bomoo said:

Those parts in themselves aren't particlarly "stockalike" in spite of being stock. Compared to both the old versions of themselves, and all the rest of the parts catalogue, they stick out like a sore thumb.

O, I completely agree with you. But some people tried to have me burned at the stake for suggesting such blasphemous things.

53 minutes ago, Andem said:

O, I completely agree with you. But some people tried to have me burned at the stake for suggesting such blasphemous things.

well, considering everything else will use that style, I'm pretty sure it'll mesh better than anything we have now.

Edited by CobaltWolf

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

well, considering everything else will use that style, I'm pretty sure it'll mesh better than anything we have now.

This was the point of much debate... Does "everything else" mean just the parts or the entire game?

10 hours ago, Andem said:

For some reason some users like to mindlessly idolize anything with a squad logo on it as perfection itself, and, as I think you suggested, attack anyone criticizing it as a blasphemer against their idol. Unfortunately I've run into this kind of mentality in many game communities, and it is far from unique to KSP's.

1 hour ago, kopapaka said:

Idea...

~pic snip~

Test in KSP... :)

~pic snip~

Though interesting I'm not sure why you posted this in the Tantares thread. I can't make out a single part from the mod...

Edit: Wait nvm I see the N-1 tank in there. Was that the only part?

Edited by Foxxonius Augustus

On 21/09/2016 at 3:54 AM, Bomoo said:

Those parts in themselves aren't particlarly "stockalike" in spite of being stock. Compared to both the old versions of themselves, and all the rest of the parts catalogue, they stick out like a sore thumb.

Whatever parts are included in the stock game, that is what "stockalike" is, those are the rules :wink: 

On 22/09/2016 at 2:39 AM, kopapaka said:

Idea...

DqfAZTH.jpg

Test in KSP... :)

BFR_MCT.jpg?ver=0

Is that a real concept? I struggle to keep up.

Nice!

Tantares 37.0

Last is a long time!

- Cygnus Revamp
- CLS
- Station Science

Available on Curse (Spacedock no longer works for me).

12 minutes ago, Beale said:

Glad!

I wish there could be a more large release, but of course busy. 

We're happy for any release you give us. Well, Bob isn't always thrilled 'cause it means more flight tests. Maybe you can include a bottle of Old Granddad Kerman's Nerve Tonic in your next release. 

"When the Flight Director says 'Go for Launch!' and the those engines start to rumble, just take a big ole slug of Old Granddad Kerman's Nerve Tonic and you won't care if she begins to tumble!"

Old Granddad Kerman's Nerve Tonic endorsed by Bob Kerman, Chief Test Cosmonaut, Voidryder Aerospace. Warning contains 120 proof alcohol and molasses for favor and coloring.

17 hours ago, Beale said:

Tantares 37.0

Last is a long time!

- Cygnus Revamp
- CLS
- Station Science

Available on Curse (Spacedock no longer works for me).

What are your plans for releasing an update once 1.2 lands (in a few days) for commnet compatibility for the transmitter parts?
Do you need a hand with that?

Edited by tjsnh

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

What are your plans for releasing an update once 1.2 lands (in a few days) for commnet compatibility for the transmitter parts?
Do you need a hand with that?

As mentioned a few posts back, the 1.2 release will look a little like this:

t6dRdZv.png
That's two fully bump-mapped and PBR-ready craft.

So, it will be quite easy to configure :) 

Yes it is a huge step-back in scale and will take a long time to return to where we are now, but I promise this is all I can manage to move forward and have enough time.
The existing version will be kept available for all who want all the parts (As always, the licence means you can do anything / re-distribute / etc).

4 hours ago, Beale said:

As mentioned a few posts back, the 1.2 release will look a little like this:

t6dRdZv.png
That's two fully bump-mapped and PBR-ready craft.

So, it will be quite easy to configure :) 

Yes it is a huge step-back in scale and will take a long time to return to where we are now, but I promise this is all I can manage to move forward and have enough time.
The existing version will be kept available for all who want all the parts (As always, the licence means you can do anything / re-distribute / etc).

I think I completely misunderstood your earlier post - so you're basically "starting over" for 1.2 with the new texture paradigm?