[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

29 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

I don't know if I've missed anything, but some textures seem to be missing...

Couple of things can maybe cause this, but you need to help me out a little:

1.  Is this an official release, or the latest GitHub pre-release?
  2. Can I see your GameData folder?
  3. Are you using the older Tantares Version at the same time?

Papa bless.

I can't seem to get the symmetry on the Soyuz solar panels right. Either I use radial symmetry and the solar panels are pointed in opposite directions, or I use bilateral symmetry and the antennae point in opposite directions. Am I missing something?

7 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

I can't seem to get the symmetry on the Soyuz solar panels right. Either I use radial symmetry and the solar panels are pointed in opposite directions, or I use bilateral symmetry and the antennae point in opposite directions. Am I missing something?

For the solar panels with the whips, there are separate Left and Right versions (look for L & R in the name :) )

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Couple of things can maybe cause this, but you need to help me out a little:

1.  Is this an official release, or the latest GitHub pre-release?
  2. Can I see your GameData folder?
  3. Are you using the older Tantares Version at the same time?

Papa bless.

1. It's an official release.

2. Here it is. (You mean't Tantares folder in GameData, right?) A lot of things in it are tweaked in order to balance it with other mods. That's why I don't want to just delete and reinstall it.

3. Yes, a bunch of vessels in my save depend on old Tantares parts. There's also a lot of parts that haven't been implemented into the new version yet.

If that helps you, here's the mod list:

HpqsmxI.png

9 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

1. It's an official release.

2. Here it is. (You mean't Tantares folder in GameData, right?) A lot of things in it are tweaked in order to balance it with other mods. That's why I don't want to just delete and reinstall it.

3. Yes, a bunch of vessels in my save depend on old Tantares parts. There's also a lot of parts that haven't been implemented into the new version yet.

If that helps you, here's the mod list:

HpqsmxI.png

Okay, thanks.

First thing to check, can you get me a list of .MBM and .DDS files in the Tantares/Parts/FGB folder (These files will be prefixed with Texture_), it's for sure a complicated setup you have, but I think I know what's going on here...

Essentially, you may have duplicate textures.

7 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

@notJebKerman what is tantares ls?

See SWLS in my signature.

I had the same issue after installing Old Tantares, New Tantares official release, and New Tantares github prerelease on top of each other. Can't remember exactly how I fixed it though - think I may have just reinstalled.

For the solar panels with the whips, there are separate Left and Right versions (look for L & R in the name :) )

Have you thought about either adding double-sided cheat versions, or some attachment points so as not to rely on judging the symmetry by hand?

BTW, it seems like the Proton fuel tanks are quite over-priced compared to stock. I'd recommend cutting them by between a third and a half. The first stage could maybe do with having $10k or so cut as well.

P.S. Has anyone done RemoteTech configs yet? May have a go at making my own if not.

Edited by baldamundo
forgot

7 minutes ago, baldamundo said:

Have you thought about either adding double-sided cheat versions, or some attachment points so as not to rely on judging the symmetry by hand?

BTW, it seems like the Proton fuel tanks are quite over-priced compared to stock. I'd recommend cutting them by between a third and a half. The first stage could maybe do with having $10k or so cut as well.

P.S. Has anyone done RemoteTech configs yet? May have a go at making my own if not.

I usually line up the top of the solar panel mount with a panel line, is accurate to within less than a centimeter I would say :) But, I will consider any options. A big tip is to extend them, then place them, if you aren't doing that already, it's a lot easier.

Proton tanks, I think they should be balanced against equivalent stock tanks, but I might also be totally wrong, will have a look, thanks!

No up-to-date remote configs IIRC, personally stock systems fills any need I have so I have stopped writing them.

Edited by Beale

I have the same problem with some untextured parts - the cargo bay, and some antennas. It was like this even before I installed Old Tantares for the TKS, which I recently deleted, due to the TKS now being a part of the current Tantares.

Edited by NISSKEPCSIM

28 minutes ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

I have the same problem with some untextured parts - the cargo bay, and some antennas. It was like this even before I installed Old Tantares for the TKS, which I recently deleted, due to the TKS now being a part of the current Tantares.

Can you try a completely clean installation? Delete old first, then place new in.

I will check the release for any oddities, but I am wondering if problems are being caused by people "stacking" releases on top of each other (Sometimes files are removed, renamed, replaced - it will not be a clean overwrite process when you copy and paste the new version).

6 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

I don't know if I've missed anything, but some textures seem to be missing...

Nah, that's the normal Beale colour scheme. yeah, it's probably missing textures.

Edited by Rory Yammomoto

Hello!

Do You plan to make "Energy" lv in future,...and maybe "Angara" class family after, despite the limited information about there,...maybe far far far (nope, nope, nope) after.
I know, there is maybe a lot of other mods for KSP that representing modern and perspective soviet/russian launchers, but i realy like the stile of Your works, and therefore something like the "roadmap" will be realy interesting.

Another one. Will You make the alternative textures for spacecraft, especialy for Soyuz (Old pale green, modern black) and the plugin that will allow to switch them in the VAB (like in ProbesPlus or BDB as example or something).

Many thanks!

10 minutes ago, G_Force080491 said:

Hello!

Do You plan to make "Energy" lv in future,...and maybe "Angara" class family after, despite the limited information about there,...maybe far far far (nope, nope, nope) after.
I know, there is maybe a lot of other mods for KSP that representing modern and perspective soviet/russian launchers, but i realy like the stile of Your works, and therefore something like the "roadmap" will be realy interesting.

Another one. Will You make the alternative textures for spacecraft, especialy for Soyuz (Old pale green, modern black) and the plugin that will allow to switch them in the VAB (like in ProbesPlus or BDB as example or something).

Many thanks!

Hi!

Energia: Yes! 
Angara: No :( 

Alternative textures, yes! But, I would appreciate any help people can offer...

u1TYXJR.jpg

Beale, I used to mod a lot in the past especially texturing for world war 2 games but I don't really do that anymore because lake of time, I could however when I can find time make some alternate textures for you, just let me know what you exactly want.

32 minutes ago, dimovski said:

I like those! They have a loafy feel to them :wink:

Plox bring back zhe old avatar

No idea what you mean, kind friendly gentleman.

I infringed on the loaf copyright, bringing back the avatar I will get 9 years in the gulag.

Please, send copyright free bread picz

31 minutes ago, TheAceOfHearts said:

I think more color would be great, but would potentially also mean going more of the "puzzle piece" route when it comes to creating parts for specific spacecraft. Something I'm all for, but is up for debate.

It's a really tricky thing I have faced... basically since day one.

Grey is not exactly popular,  but personally, you cannot really have very colourful parts and parts that all fit together - monochrome is the name of the day.
If anyone has ideas for making practical colour, I would really appreciate it.

White is a good grey alternative, but everything being white would be... a drastic change.

27 minutes ago, onlinegamesz said:

Beale, I used to mod a lot in the past especially texturing for world war 2 games but I don't really do that anymore because lake of time, I could however when I can find time make some alternate textures for you, just let me know what you exactly want.

You can find all the source PSD files on my GitHub, you  can get quick and easy re-colours by opening them and using the paint bucket fill on the base layer. :) 

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

What do you want me to texture? which colors=

Based on that picture, I would assume he's looking for a semi-realistic recolor for the various parts. For example, the large section in the picture is orange, and the other section would be green, as in Salyut 6. So, the Soyuz parts would need a green and a black or charcoal grey option, and the Salyut/Mir parts would need a green texture, and in the case of the large crewed section, an orange, and a red/white texture as well.

10 hours ago, onlinegamesz said:

What do you want me to texture? which colors=

7 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Based on that picture, I would assume he's looking for a semi-realistic recolor for the various parts. For example, the large section in the picture is orange, and the other section would be green, as in Salyut 6. So, the Soyuz parts would need a green and a black or charcoal grey option, and the Salyut/Mir parts would need a green texture, and in the case of the large crewed section, an orange, and a red/white texture as well.

6 hours ago, Mechtech said:

and maybe pink for lulz, and a nice white to blend with stock stuff.
I may be fiddling with both of those things.

Resources here.
Texture example.

If you are putting in the effort to make textures, I think it's not fair for me to ask for anything in particular, do what you want to do the most.

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, onlinegamesz said:

Does someone have a real picture of how the whole TKS module looked? I am only in able to find the VA and the deorbiting system

2235965060_e56c79dff6.jpg

Unfortunately not a lot out there, here's a few though:

71_35b.jpg TKS in assembly.
TKS_23.jpg TKS in assembly. The radiators here are probably why its often confused for solar panels.
27z74zH.png KOSMOS 1686
71_4pv.jpg VA with escape tower also.

Edited by Beale