[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

18 minutes ago, RaiderMan said:

question...not a request mind..is there a retractable boom in the works for this partset by any chance? like the ones that were on the actual mir space station?

see pic Mir_Space_Station_viewed_from_Endeavour_

Yep, already in the mod (forget the exact names right now though) - see posts just above.

It is difficult to assemble without KIS, but possible - there are tiny truss docking ports in there too!

Just a minor addition, but they were not retractable irl, but built manually by Eva (13 hours!).

Edited by Beale

Meanwhile...

If you're like me and like to fly the FGB as it was designed (i.e. its big lower command pod doubling as a fairing base), but, like me, you totally don't like fumbling around and clipping parts into each other, here is a little something for you:

@PART[Alniyat_Crew_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleProceduralFairing

nSides = 48
	nArcs = 2
	nCollidersPerXSection = 9
	TextureURL = TantaresLV/Parts/LLV/fairings_diff

panelGrouping = 3
	pivot = 0,-0.0625,0
	axis = 0,-1,0

baseRadius = 1.25
	maxRadius = 3
	capRadius = 0.15
	snapThreshold = 0.1

xSectionHeightMin = 0.3
	xSectionHeightMax = 3

edgeSlide = 0.15
	edgeWarp = 0.02
	noseTip = 0.5

UnitAreaMass = 0.012
	UnitAreaCost = 12

stagingToggleEnabledEditor = True
	stagingToggleEnabledFlight = False
	stagingEnableText = Fairing Not Staged
	stagingDisableText = Fairing Staged

useClamshell = True
}
}

Copy it, paste it, save it as a cfg, use it! TKS fairing, completely hassle-free! :)

Jl4qffI.jpg

Now your TKS will be smooth and shiny :wink:

01t5gPN.png?1

HjnBoDY.jpg

Edited by TK-313

On 15/01/2018 at 1:13 AM, Leszek said:

Hello Beale.

I have had a chance to try your new Tantares release and I have some feedback for you.

-You made it so that you can't exit the Soyuz without an orbital module.  Excellent.  I never thought of that but it makes the part more than cosmetic.  I love it.

-You made it so that you can't control the Soyuz capsule without power.  Well that just killed a few Kerbals.  (Or would have if I didn't edit the persistence file.  When Kerbals die I restart the career and I didn't feel like restart for this.)  The issue is that if you have remote tech you may run out of power during launch making the capsule a death trap without extra batteries.  However an easy fix is to change the Soyuz LV to have alternators like stock engines.  They wouldn't need much, just about 1.5 energy per second minimum ought to make it so that the  rocket can get you to a place where you can use your solar power.

-You should change your parachutes to match stock.  With the current version of the game you can with stock parachutes stage them way out at entry interface and you won't kill the parachutes.  This allows you to jettison the orbital module with staging just fine.  I am guessing that was the reason for the non stock parachutes in the first place.  Anyway I edit the parachutes to match stock every time I DL a new version of Tantares because the settings as they come open the parachutes far too abruptly and cause g-force issues if your difficulty is turned up.

minAirPressureToOpen = 0.04
		deployAltitude = 1000
		deploymentSpeed = 0.12
		semiDeploymentSpeed = 0.5	

-Left and right Solar Panels?  That solution works.  And I like the look too.

-Separate Heat Shield?  I like that too.  Is it possible to make that stageable?  Or if there is a reason why it isn't already, would you be receptive to the idea of making the staging enableable in the VAB?

-For Tantares LV, have you considered making the soyuz LV available at earlier areas of the tech tree?  You can avoid making them OP by using part upgrades so that the earlier engines would have less power, efficiency and more mass so that they will not be OP.

-Also Tantares LV, when I stage to the third stage in Soyuz my rocket rotates off to one side.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?

Hello hello!

Picture is a little muddied here, but to a few questions:

Soyuz without power: This I think should only apply to the two-seater Soyuz (As it has an inbuilt probe core). The Three seat soyuz is a standard capsule.

Parachutes: Thanks I will fix that!

Heatshield: Sure I guess this can be done, I am a little forgetful sometimes.

Soyuz LV: Yes, good idea.

Third stage issue: I am not sure here, sorry.

16 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Meanwhile...

If you're like me and like to fly the FGB as it was designed (i.e. its big lower command pod doubling as a fairing base), but, like me, you totally don't like fumbling around and clipping parts into each other, here is a little something for you:

@PART[Alniyat_Crew_1]:NEEDS[TantaresLV]
{
MODULE
{
	name = ModuleProceduralFairing

nSides = 48
	nArcs = 2
	nCollidersPerXSection = 9
	TextureURL = TantaresLV/Parts/LLV/fairings_diff

panelGrouping = 3
	pivot = 0,-0.0625,0
	axis = 0,-1,0

baseRadius = 1.25
	maxRadius = 3
	capRadius = 0.15
	snapThreshold = 0.1

xSectionHeightMin = 0.3
	xSectionHeightMax = 3

edgeSlide = 0.15
	edgeWarp = 0.02
	noseTip = 0.5

UnitAreaMass = 0.012
	UnitAreaCost = 12

stagingToggleEnabledEditor = True
	stagingToggleEnabledFlight = False
	stagingEnableText = Fairing Not Staged
	stagingDisableText = Fairing Staged

useClamshell = True
}
}

Copy it, paste it, save it as a cfg, use it! TKS fairing, completely hassle-free! :)

Jl4qffI.jpg

Now your TKS will be smooth and shiny :wink:

01t5gPN.png?1

HjnBoDY.jpg

2 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

@Beale I think you should make that TKS fairing base from @TK-313 a part of stock tantares. :)

I like the results a lot!

Yes I will do this (The same for Kvant-1 also).