[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, Andrey.gr said:

Folding Antennas not deploying, no dialog option appearing,  while clicking RMB on the part in VAB

All are working fine, you have a mod interfering, or installed Tantares wrong.
Had to boot up the game to make sure I wasn't going crazy grumble grumble.

lUcxeBi.png

More Energia work.

CjcNnDt.jpg
K0hn0LC.jpg
VmkrT7g.png

Edited by Beale

34 minutes ago, Beale said:

All are working fine, you have a mod interfering, or installed Tantares wrong.
Had to boot up the game to make sure I wasn't going crazy grumble grumble.

More Energia work.

-snip-

Can't wait to fly Buran (or, for that matter, a space laser but whatever) on this!

I'm not demanding anything, but have you ever considered adding the Vulkan rocket family to the mod? Of course their role is fulfilled by Proton and N1 derivatives but that doesn't make it any less awesome...

fetch.php?cache=&media=timelines:vulcanf

59 minutes ago, notJebKerman said:

Can't wait to fly Buran (or, for that matter, a space laser but whatever) on this!

I'm not demanding anything, but have you ever considered adding the Vulkan rocket family to the mod? 

I really like the Vulkan family, I think the only issue is, it is extremely similar to the Zenit, and that is coming to the mod shortly.

Edited by Beale

11 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

A little issue: With the new Soyuz T-2CR there is only a crew hatch at the top side. But it is blocked by the parachute T-V2K.

If you right click the capsule, you can click "Clear Escape Hatch"

Another issue I know with the Vulkan rocket family is no real diameter is known for those parts, so it's a touch difficult to scale it down to KSP size easily :/

(though maybe we can get some Vulkan-themed parts with the Zenit update? :))

Edited by T-10a

4 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Can't find the "Female Kontact port" :confused:

I have it in my game, reinstall maybe ?  Sandbox or career ?

3 hours ago, T-10a said:

Another issue I know with the Vulkan rocket family is no real diameter is known for those parts, so it's a touch difficult to scale it down to KSP size easily :/

I have already made this rocket with actual parts... the only required part maybe is a 1.875 Engine for the first stage.

I think with Energia booster, you're fine.

Also, to avoid quite confusion, could we call this variant from Eyes Turned Skywards: "Alternate Vulkan"

And talk about "Vulkan" for the Real Vulkan

attachment.php?attachmentid=82191&d=1467061863

Edited by Well

10 minutes ago, T-10a said:

Whoops, forgot about the real deal Vulkan :confused:

That one shouldn't be too hard to emulate with stock parts + TantaresLV (when Energia is released)

Or when AB Launchers is released...

Oh wait, it's been around since 1.1 and works in 1.3.1!

8 hours ago, DatBoi said:

If you right click the capsule, you can click "Clear Escape Hatch"

Yes, I know. Beale told me. But as I wrote yesterday:

17 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Hm, didn`t see that. After a test: it did blow up, but only a few centimeters and fall back on the hatch. It is blocked again.

19 minutes ago, simonplundgren said:

What happened to the PPTS in development. havent been able to find it. Been a couple of years since i played. but i seem to remember a PPTS soon to be released.

Contares RUS has a PPTS respectively Federazija.

9 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Can't find the "Female Kontact port" :confused:

Thanks, I will take a look later. It should be next to the male port.

3 hours ago, simonplundgren said:

What happened to the PPTS in development. havent been able to find it. Been a couple of years since i played. but i seem to remember a PPTS soon to be released.

Unfortunately lost interest, so it was dropped.
I think with the coming Buran compatibility with Cormorant Aeronology, three seat VA, three / two seat Soyuz  a lot of crew requirements are met. I guess a six-seat capsule could be nice, but I think something like the Zarya (12 crew IRL, maybe 6 or so in KSP) would fit in better with the 'timeline' of the mod ? Tantares kind of fizzles out past the late 1980s / 1990s. The most modern thing I have is Pirs / Poisk, but their design goes back to the days of MIR-2.

Zarya would actually be damn easy to make... hmmm...

@Cheesecake One thing I did not mention before, not a 'perfect solution', but if you can land the Soyuz on the side, like mostly IRL, blowing the hatch works a lot better. This requires you to hold a direction before landing, so when the chutes are cut it will fall on one side.

Edited by Beale

For PTK Federatsia, i know that not perfect, but i'm happy with my version made with actual tantares parts:

so we could built it :

1SUteo8.png

Zarya look interesting, i'm not a big fan, but i'm pretty sure that could interest a lot of people with this crew capacity.

Edit : i've justed started to update all my craft files for Tantares, link in signature

qqlrzLi.jpg

Edited by Well

12 hours ago, T-10a said:

It's used for TKS launches so 2.5m is probably the best option

10 hours ago, Well said:

For PTK Federatsia, i know that not perfect, but i'm happy with my version made with actual tantares parts:

so we could built it :

Zarya look interesting, i'm not a big fan, but i'm pretty sure that could interest a lot of people with this crew capacity.

Edit : i've justed started to update all my craft files for Tantares, link in signature

Nice craft and launcher, and thanks for sharing all your craft! :) 

Some more progress...

oAJAKTu.png

There will be an additional feeder line like:

jo267gX.png

But, the mesh details are not figured out yet.

Thank you for the mod, Mir looks fantastic when fully assembled. 
However I've ran into an issue when I dock it to a Buran Orbiter the whole station goes crazy and starts uncontrollably bending, I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this? As I'd like to keep a fully assembled Mir with Buran permanently docked in orbit. You can see the problem in this video.

17 hours ago, Well said:

And talk about "Vulkan" for the Real Vulkan

attachment.php?attachmentid=82191&d=1467061863

@WellThat first Vulkan is absolutely beautiful, do you have a link for the mod and craft files please?

Edited by Cush
Forgot Video link