[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

14 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Also, isn't Spektr's cone non-pressurised IRL?

Edit: Assuming you do the Snacks! configs, do you think you could increase the amount of snacks in the Progress orbital module? 200 isn't really enough to resupply stations.

The Spektr is kind of an alternate take in Tantares, as the plain structure may just be a little boring.

For snacks, unfortunately it is not me that makes the config, but I will take a look. Most preference is that people make pull requests on github though.

23 hours ago, DJ Reonic said:

Anyone have a link to those cool configs that added fairing bases to certain parts? I could go through the topic to find them, but I figured I'd check before starting my quest.

Unfortunately I do not have the link, but some parts will be modified to include them in the next release.

cbGBrVz.png
xfXjsqx.png

16 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Do you plan on adding those two windows on the... erm, sloped part? I think all DOS modules have them.

... Crap.

I think I had considered this, but it was lost along the way, but yes I should do that.

Hey Beale,

First of all, great Mod! But there is another Soyuz Mod now that has a better "Texture". Maybe you can checkout "Kerbalised Soyuz". imo the Soyuz ship has a better design with the black "foil" thing. Maybe you can redesign your Soyuz. :) Because your mod is still my favorite.

2 hours ago, woeller said:

Stockalike and Kerbalised are a big difference

Personally I have never made a difference between them - I guess you can argue using real proportions, etc. does not make it "Kerbalized" in a way.

3 hours ago, H0FF1 said:

Hey Beale,

First of all, great Mod! But there is another Soyuz Mod now that has a better "Texture". Maybe you can checkout "Kerbalised Soyuz". imo the Soyuz ship has a better design with the black "foil" thing. Maybe you can redesign your Soyuz. :) Because your mod is still my favorite.

I will look into it, I am not sure everybody wants the thermal blankets though (It's kind of an all-or-nothing and not something that can be a simple variant).

I could re-do the Soyuz with blankets in the style of the new Almaz parts? How would people feel about that? 

github

Only includes the Almaz OMS (If you can figure out why I had not included the crewed parts I have a nice prize for you).
As usual, use Github releases at your own peril, the full release will not break crafts, but this WIP release will!

A9vrGZZ.png
81EkNKk.png
Tlrz9R7.png
x2KWmGD.png

Edited by Beale

31 minutes ago, Beale said:

Personally I have never made a difference between them - I guess you can argue using real proportions, etc. does not make it "Kerbalized" in a way. 

Probably everyone will interpret it differently. But stockalike is inevitably linked to the type of porkjet textures*. Too bad that tantares is no longer stockalike ;)

* This only reflects my opinion

57 minutes ago, Beale said:

I will look into it, I am not sure everybody wants the thermal blankets though (It's kind of an all-or-nothing and not something that can be a simple variant).

I could re-do the Soyuz with blankets in the style of the new Almaz parts? How would people feel about that? 

I like it as is without thermal blankets.

17 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I like it as is without thermal blankets.

For everyone else. just for context blankets would look something like this (I.E. it keeps the same base metals but certain areas are blankets).

MdIgOiO.png
nM0G554.png

Edited by Beale

24 minutes ago, Beale said:

For everyone else. just for context blankets would look something like this (I.E. it keeps the same base metals but certain areas are blankets).

MdIgOiO.png
nM0G554.png

Just to clarify...blankets would be interesting if it were switchable, but given the option between switchable blankets or moar Russian (and UK) parts, I'd much rather see what other cool parts you could model. You do amazing work!

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Only includes the Almaz OMS (If you can figure out why I had not included the crewed parts I have a nice prize for you).

Logical, because of the deadly fire caused by an unknown object and engender the loss of the crew ...

*kgb's knocking* , oh no...