[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

FYI Part mods working automatically in 1.8 is not a given, due to DDS texture changes.

Proceed at your own risk :)
Any reckless brave people, if you encounter any issues it is a big help as I debug these things.

Little preview of goodies with this major rebalance: Full green for Progress, the Soyuz green recolour now matches all the other green parts.

6AzwvqF.png

Edited by Beale

Wrapping up.

Taken another pass on rebalance. A little tweak is that the star motors pictured below can now run on LFO, also Monopropellant, so can be used on multiple stations now.
On top of that, many many little tweaks to tech tree, and a complete pass on part names for a common convention.

BY THE WAY Rokot may no longer happen - but something that I think more people would actually want / like is possible

8KVuxrC.png
8tWd34c.png

qW2qYTe.png

Edited by Beale

Tantares 19.0 and TantaresLV 12.1

Tantares Changes:

• - Salyut 6.
  • - Salyut 7.
  • - Greatly improved KIS compatibility.
  • - Moderate rebalances.
  • - New recolours for Rassvet and Progress.
  • - Fixes for KSP 1.8.

TantaresLV Changes:

• - Fixes for KSP 1.8.
  • - Rebalances.

Thanks a lot for those who have helped with balance feedback. Big thanks to @Zorg who has reworked how we manage real plume for this release :)

x0egQCR.png9aW9OfY.png
XiLeKzz.png1pVcgOL.png

E5vPiB5.png

Yay! So hyped for this release with the new Salyut parts.

With regard to RealPlume now Tantares and Tantares LV both will be supported by RealPlume stock. An update is coming very shortly (by tomorrow latest) that will add configs to all Tantares and TantaresLV engines using all new plumes.

SRoMvM0l.jpg

zMpv4LQl.png

Edited by Zorg

8 minutes ago, t6jesse said:

Is this update still good on 1.7.3? I don't have internet so I can't check it myself, but I'm planning on staying with 1.7.3 for a little while 

Love the work you've done @Beale, this is really an incredible mod. Looking forward to the tech tree balance pass actually

It almost certainly should work on 1.7.3 (Back to 1.4 really), let me know if you have any issues.

20 hours ago, Abpilot said:

UR-700? or LK-700?

That's correct, partially!

I think most people will prefer this to Rokot.

DD1PtKu.png
m6K4K97.png

Just to stress, the UR-700 is not included in this, and that means I will not be making the trans lunar injection stage. This can reasonably be made using existing mods, or replaced with any other stage with similar capabilities.

xoS3nVy.jpg

Edited by Beale

13 hours ago, yuri_3a3rin said:

what mods recreate UR-700 just curious keep up the great work my friend  

You can get 90% of the way there with Restock - I made this in 5 minutes, but taking a little longer it could be made something that is very close, it's all 2.5m tanks :)

In the right mood, maybe I will make one that flies :D

DYE0P2W.png
2017-03-10_58c2a047a40cf_ur-700-1200x831.jpg

In another life and a different game, maybe this would be best handled with a genericset of Universal rockets parts for Proton and Ur-700. You can probably see above the hardware is very similar.

Edited by Beale

4 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Wait, I'm... confused. So rokot is off the tables, but instead you'll be making LK700 but no UR700?

That's correct - I think relatively few people wanted Rokot, and I've become less enthusiastic on it.

Re: LK-700 - it will most likely be balanced in KSP for Duna landing (1x scale) - so it does push the horizons of Tantares a little further. You would previously need a frankenstein LK, or use other mods (Which I still recommend fully) to get down there safely.

Edited by Beale

On 10/19/2019 at 8:09 PM, Beale said:

Tantares 19.0 and TantaresLV 12.1

I'm a bit confused, CKAN says Tantares 19 is good for KSP 1.8, but not 1.7.3 anymore, while TantaresLV 12.1 is still for just KSP 1.5

Here I read:

On 10/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, Beale said:

It almost certainly should work on 1.7.3 (Back to 1.4 really)

Thanks for clarification (I'm playing KSP 1.7.3 and will continue for a good while, not joining the 1.8 bandwagon any soon) :)

1 hour ago, VoidSquid said:

I'm a bit confused, CKAN says Tantares 19 is good for KSP 1.8, but not 1.7.3 anymore, while TantaresLV 12.1 is still for just KSP 1.5

I had no idea it was even on Ckan, :huh: not sure who put that there.

but good to hear in any  case