[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

38 minutes ago, Beale said:

The joke flys right above my head :D.

The ability to scratch noses is worth the risk of no helmet for sure.

It's probably a good idea, 100 EC and 3 units of torque is quite powerful for the small capsule.

When I have time (probably not for another week or two) to work on the next rev of SSP, I plan to give the Soyuz capsule 10 electricity, no SAS, and only 1 torque. The idea being that you'll need to line up your re-entry before jettisoning the other modules (just like the real thing) and also as a reason gameplay-wise to bring the Orbital Module along. I may also add SAS to the LK rcs/control block (that goes on top) so you can make a convincing Zond using it with the Soyuz pod.

260px-Zond_L1_drawing-color.png

(btw would still LOVE to see a set of solar panels with the forward-facing antennas - probably the ones that don't auto-rotate)

14 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I say everything should be rescaled to be more accurate. Preferably before Beale moves on to other projects. Like F1.

Tricksy Hobbit.

13 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

When I have time (probably not for another week or two) to work on the next rev of SSP, I plan to give the Soyuz capsule 10 electricity, no SAS, and only 1 torque. The idea being that you'll need to line up your re-entry before jettisoning the other modules (just like the real thing) and also as a reason gameplay-wise to bring the Orbital Module along. I may also add SAS to the LK rcs/control block (that goes on top) so you can make a convincing Zond using it with the Soyuz pod.

260px-Zond_L1_drawing-color.png

(btw would still LOVE to see a set of solar panels with the forward-facing antennas - probably the ones that don't auto-rotate)

Interesting approach, I will try this out :) 

Those solar panels will for sure be included this time, my mind is made up!

UEHqm79.png

Haven't played KSP for quite some time and decided to try it again...

...aaand apparently there's another Soyuz revamp. That would be what, 5th or 6th time? Oh well... Anything craft-breaking coming? Can I use Tantares in my career and NOT get a sudden "Sorry, you need to scrap half of your ships because this particular thingie you loved to use is 0.00001mm smaller and thus incopatible"?

26 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Haven't played KSP for quite some time and decided to try it again...

...aaand apparently there's another Soyuz revamp. That would be what, 5th or 6th time? Oh well... Anything craft-breaking coming? Can I use Tantares in my career and NOT get a sudden "Sorry, you need to scrap half of your ships because this particular thingie you loved to use is 0.00001mm smaller and thus incopatible"?

Version 6!

I would not be so gloomy, very little has been broken by revamp in a long time, the Soyuz is no exception. All sizes are now "perfect" (or close enough).

By the way, size changes should never break craft so much, only name changes will cause craft fail to load :wink:

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Voidryder said:

LOL! That was point of my picture and tongue-in-cheek post. It is a bit "cozy" in Soyuz. But this way, if nose itch and you can't reach it, fellow cosmonaut can scratch for you!

I suppose there could be worse team-building exercises... :lol:

On 9/2/2016 at 11:53 PM, Doc Shaftoe said:

I'm well aware that the actual Soyuz doesn't have solar-tracking panels. Even if I were to mount the fixed variant in the proper orientation, my point would still be valid. The fairing would be unnecessarily wide given how far the panels would stick out from the hull. Either way though, this is a fictional super Soyuz used by little green men (and women) so it doesn't really matter.

Yes, they would be wider than the real Soyuz, but less wide than mounting them like in that picture. You could also disable sun tracking on solar arrays with, if I'm not mistaken, Tweakable Everything for a more authentic Soyuz build.

A couple of parts available in-game, docking ports and engine.

The docking port animation is currently purely cosmetic, but I am looking into fixing that.

I need to now figure emissives in Unity 5. Pointers appreciated.

iRPpwiW.png
9z9shoE.png
Gxq918q.png

Edited by Beale

25 minutes ago, Beale said:

I am not sure if "capping" the null ports looks good or lazy.

I like it. The caps give the RCS units a modular look that is in line with the rest of the parts. 

2 minutes ago, legoclone09 said:

I like it a lot!
A 5-nozzle port would look cool as well.

Already a Cygnus part :wink: 

yxZqK3U.png

1 minute ago, hraban said:

i LIKE this Lego-Style :)

Time for me to charge Lego-prices, a lifetime of luxury awaits.

16 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

just make all possible permutations

I know you joke, but there are only 5 permutations possible :wink: 

Initially I thought 4x1 = 15 combinations, but the VAB allows rotation, so much less

I could do this!

ArfZ43a.png

Edited by Beale

43 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

you need all of those with Z+ (center) thrusters as well :wink:

But of course, that is still only 11 :wink: 

Still, I cannot think many people would want...

Tantares_RCS_A
Tantares_RCS_B
Tantares_RCS_C
Tantares_RCS_D
Tantares_RCS_E
Tantares_RCS_F
Tantares_RCS_G
Tantares_RCS_H
Tantares_RCS_I
Tantares_RCS_J
Tantares_RCS_K

19UBHQS.png