[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Something you might be interesting in: an hour ago Roskosmos published that Khrunichev announced two new versions of Proton launcher to be made by 2018, Proton "medium" and Proton "light", with a slightly larger first stage and 3rd stage (now 2nd with Briz-M as 3rd stage) and with same fairings and baseline Briz-M upper stage.

Lnp0VmCjuzA.jpg

1 hour ago, Niemand303 said:

Something you might be interesting in: an hour ago Roskosmos published that Khrunichev announced two new versions of Proton launcher to be made by 2018, Proton "medium" and Proton "light", with a slightly larger first stage and 3rd stage (now 2nd with Briz-M as 3rd stage) and with same fairings and baseline Briz-M upper stage.

Lnp0VmCjuzA.jpg

I don't know if we actually need the proton medium first stage although the first stage of the light version may be a nice addition

8 minutes ago, Andem said:

We may have a beautification problem...

Things will need to be changed in order to remain "stockalike." :/

Most of that will come simply from the shader change, I think. In any case, we probably have months to prepare new textures since they are releases those assets for modders to play around with when 1.2 drops. It seems a small price to pay for the entire game getting a significant art upgrade IMO

12 hours ago, Andem said:

We may have a beautification problem...

8ZMlyHu.png

Things will need to be changed in order to remain "stockalike." :/

While those look amazing, something seems off about them, especially the pod. Like... They look like a weird material. Is that the shaders? On a second note, while I like how the tanks are trying to keep the same texture scheme as the original, I sure hope the 2.5m parts get completely redone. Not a single one is even remotely presentable. One is a sardine can, one is a barrel, and I would like a non-orange option too.

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

While those look amazing, something seems off about them, especially the pod. Like... They look like a weird material. Is that the shaders? On a second note, while I like how the tanks are trying to keep the same texture scheme as the original, I sure hope the 2.5m parts get completely redone. Not a single one is even remotely presentable. One is a sardine can, one is a barrel, and I would like a non-orange option too.

Like @CobaltWolf says, it's all in the shader.

Tantares parts 'should' look this good with PBR and normal maps.

Or I can start from scratch :D

P.s. sorry I am quiet, we are without internet connection at the moment.

Edited by Beale

Just now, cxg2827 said:

unless it's delaying revamping N1?

Speaking of which, maybe the central engine disk on the N-1 should be a separate part that shuts off when the fuel level in the tank it's being fed from hits 90% fuel. I don't have any idea how one would go about making it do this, but that's what was meant to happen with the last version of the N-1 ever flown (7L, right?) Custom fairings or making the decouplers accurate would also be really cool...

Image result for hint hint nudge nudge

13 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Hey Beale, there's a new mod called Mission Patch Manager that allows parts to have mission patches in addition to flags! It might be an interesting for Tantares to support.

Link:

Looks very interesting!

I will play around.

12 hours ago, BreadTeleporter said:

Anything new? I just realized I still have this account and I'm deciding to use it, last time i visited the forums was February.

Kind of :) 

jvrMs0s.png

7YdcCKX.png

I think with the new art assets I have had a chance to look at them closely, it is a good idea to start from nothing, almost completely (but release all current as legacy). 
The new Soyuz is fine, but needs PBR, the same can be said for LK, and probably the TKS.

Physically based rendering textures is not too hard, but I would appreciate any good resources on what each channel is (red is wear? green is shine? alpha is metalness?).

The new Porkjet parts do not have very higher polycounts, but quite radical texture change in style - that's a problem.
It's very frustrating to only have a small sample of new parts, will the plane parts be unchanged? That's okay, I can match that style :) 

New Soyuz decoupler beside new 15 engine!

Q0ZvW19.png

Edited by Beale

12 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Worth remembering that IIRC the new parts don't properly have their shaders. According to Bac9 over on Reddit, they need to do a bunch of work to make their own custom version of the Unity 5 Standard shader in order to make it work right / look right in game.

Very interesting.

I think it is worthwhile to sit and watch for a while.

In other news!
The Cygnus revamp has been finally finished, so I will release (possibly the last for a long time) Tantares update soon! :) 

5 minutes ago, Beale said:

Very interesting.

I think it is worthwhile to sit and watch for a while.

In other news!
The Cygnus revamp has been finally finished, so I will release (possibly the last for a long time) Tantares update soon! :) 

Craft breakage coming to a theater near you! :P

Just now, Third_OfFive said:

Cool. So are they going to replace the old stock engines, or are they going to be added in alongside stock parts, or what?

Replacement.
It seems a good reason to expect that every Novasilisko's & other's parts will be replaced by version 1.3.