[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

10 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

KSP freezes loading Libra_Antenna_B

I would recommend putting the little preview on its own, I.E. completely remove any existing Tantares installation.

Did you do it that way?

28 minutes ago, Beale said:

Oh dear, yes, Unity 5! KSP/Specular.
Do you have a link to the reddit post?

If you're still using KSP/Specular you should be fine. I thought you've been using the plain Standard shader. Here's the link, Bac9 is /u/ahcookies

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/51t7e9/checking_out_the_unity_5_pbr_shaders_seen_in_the/

20 minutes ago, Beale said:

I would recommend putting the little preview on its own, I.E. completely remove any existing Tantares installation.

Did you do it that way?

I actually had the same problem , first I installed on 1.1.3 then I realized that this is for 1.2 and it kept freezing on the antenna:mellow:

22 minutes ago, IronCretin said:

I put your download into a fresh 1.2 install. The only other mods I have installed are Porkjet's part previews and BDB

1 minute ago, NeoFatalis said:

I actually had the same problem , first I installed on 1.1.3 then I realized that this is for 1.2 and it kept freezing on the antenna:mellow:

I've probably screwed up the upload, I will have a look when I have a chance! :) 

20 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

If you're still using KSP/Specular you should be fine. I thought you've been using the plain Standard shader. Here's the link, Bac9 is /u/ahcookies

https://www.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/51t7e9/checking_out_the_unity_5_pbr_shaders_seen_in_the/

Thanks for the info! 

Very strange I am just using the specular it does not work (But, then neither do the stock service bays).

29 minutes ago, Andem said:

Doesn't that completely defeat the point though? The point being to blend well with the stock parts? If the parts are only useable with tantares than there isn't much point in trying to be stockalike.

Not at all, you misunderstand.

I simply meant that I haven't seen panels that fold like this in any mod before, at least ones I have used. I reckon they would make Tantares better is all.

Playing around with the beta you just posted (had to delete the libra ant B config file that others mentioned) and some observations :

LOVE the flat-bottom style to the Munar tantares service module.
The decoupler should be under the "couplers" category instead of "structural"
The emissive on the service module engine looks very blocky at the moment
The lights in the CM and OM don't illuminate.
The new solar panels look/function amazingly :D:D
Consider removing all monoprop from the CM and SM, and moving it into the OM so players have a reason to use it
The T-CO2 dish is still slightly bulgey when retracted, they single-handedly increase the diameter of the fairing quite a bit. Consider a double fold, or a farther bend of the arm inwards, etc.
Consider cutting the transmitter power of the T-CO2 to about 25% of what it is now - for balance it probably shouldn't get very far outside Kerbin's SOI
The new parachute works great, and looks MUCH better than the old one - looks like it's got a hatch built in to get between CM and OM.
The LK landing legs should probably be in the "ground" category now - and they look/animate WAY better!
THe emissive on the LK engine is also a bit blockey, you probably know this.

Overall a great beta!!!! :D

6 hours ago, Jabbman said:

Not at all, you misunderstand.

I simply meant that I haven't seen panels that fold like this in any mod before, at least ones I have used. I reckon they would make Tantares better is all.

Eh, I think that usability and stocalikeness comes before should come before anything else.

Just now, Jabbman said:

Look mate, that's nice for you but I don't understand why you are quoting me.

Because I was talking to you directly, instead of the thread in general.

46 minutes ago, Andem said:

Because I was talking to you directly, instead of the thread in general.

Okay then, I'll rephrase: I don't understand why you are talking to me directly about what your stockalike preferences are.

A couple of pages ago I said that I liked the new panels Beale has created. I don't see what the link is!

Anyway, I find myself digging through old screenshots looking for Tantares pics after seeing the old Vostock posted earlier.

Here's a tiny Lunar orbiter I had forgotten about.

LZPYo2t.png

And a couple of landers...

xfKN1cb.png

Edited by Jabbman
Pictures

20 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Playing around with the beta you just posted (had to delete the libra ant B config file that others mentioned) and some observations :

LOVE the flat-bottom style to the Munar tantares service module.
The decoupler should be under the "couplers" category instead of "structural"
The emissive on the service module engine looks very blocky at the moment
The lights in the CM and OM don't illuminate.
The new solar panels look/function amazingly :D:D
Consider removing all monoprop from the CM and SM, and moving it into the OM so players have a reason to use it
The T-CO2 dish is still slightly bulgey when retracted, they single-handedly increase the diameter of the fairing quite a bit. Consider a double fold, or a farther bend of the arm inwards, etc.
Consider cutting the transmitter power of the T-CO2 to about 25% of what it is now - for balance it probably shouldn't get very far outside Kerbin's SOI
The new parachute works great, and looks MUCH better than the old one - looks like it's got a hatch built in to get between CM and OM.
The LK landing legs should probably be in the "ground" category now - and they look/animate WAY better!
THe emissive on the LK engine is also a bit blockey, you probably know this.

Overall a great beta!!!! :D

Fantastic feedback!

your points:

• Decoupler - I will move to the right category, but currently it's texture is too low-res, it needs a little make-over.
  • Emissive, missing texture, will fix!
  • Lights - Yes! Unity 5 Issue, I am still not sure how to fix.
  • Monoprop, I will take a look at rebalancing.
  • Communication dish bulge, depends how you place it, see below.
  • Communication dish range - sure thing! The LK dish should be used for MUN and MINMUS :) 
  • LK legs - The animation is the same, I think it's a placebo effect! :D 

Comm Dish:

cw2WvaF.png

Very narrow fairings:

WIkB4uL.png

"This way oriented up" arrows:

ENkhK3K.png

17 hours ago, Jabbman said:

I forgot how much I enjoy Tantares...

cRlI0Vz.png

CCvgfZA.png

Always nice to see! Hopefully we shall have much more beautiful Salyut parts in the future! :)

Another Download!

Let's hope that Libra_Antenna_B bug is fixed?

M1JgSah.jpg

I am also having the fairings' diameters increased by the new dishes. They do stick out a bit; it would be nice for them to fold in a little bit more.

I use the fairings from the Tantares-inspired fairings mod, so I can use the widening 1.25m one and just go straight up with the new solar panels; it's great! But I place the dishes as you show in the picture and I can't keep the new narrowness.

21 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I am also having the fairings' diameters increased by the new dishes. They do stick out a bit; it would be nice for them to fold in a little bit more.

I use the fairings from the Tantares-inspired fairings mod, so I can use the widening 1.25m one and just go straight up with the new solar panels; it's great! But I place the dishes as you show in the picture and I can't keep the new narrowness.

I will have a look, are you physically prevented from placing the fairings, or is it a visual thing?
You should be able to clip them a tiny bit and still go straight up.

20 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

The game still freezes at Libra_Antenna_B :(

How strange, I do not really know why this is - it works fine for me! :confused:
You are on KSP 1.2 correct?

Some new parts:

Wrap-around OKS panels :) 
v4zdKew.png
a2w1M2u.png
s0zCAjU.png
SkKc8FQ.png
f446e9a2-6485-4043-80fd-dbabfa2d3909.gif

50 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

Yup 1.2, I'll try it on a clean install.

EDIT: Same result unfortunately.

LUJRXUZ.png

Thank you, that is very very strange.

Can you try delete the config for Libra_Antenna_B and reload?

2 minutes ago, Beale said:

Thank you, that is very very strange.

Can you try delete the config for Libra_Antenna_B and reload?

It worked, The issue is likely with that specific part, I don't know what though, my coding knowledge is limited to editing part configs.

10 minutes ago, _Krieger_ said:

It worked, The issue is likely with that specific part, I don't know what though, my coding knowledge is limited to editing part configs.

9 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Might be a typo in the cfg (I'll admit I didnt check) or some minor issue with the part mesh or something?

I think if there was a problem, I would be without the part too.

My KSP version is not up to date, just one moment.

zWb1Kwr.png
2KcKdU8.png

17 hours ago, Jabbman said:

Okay then, I'll rephrase: I don't understand why you are talking to me directly about what your stockalike preferences are.

A couple of pages ago I said that I liked the new panels Beale has created. I don't see what the link is.

I'm not sure how you expect me to challenge your point if I can't address it.

Just now, _Krieger_ said:

Well, I am running the latest pre-release.

I can confirm the issue now :( 

It is an issue with the transmitter modules, the part will work without them.

Will try to fix when possible.