[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

"This way oriented up" arrows:

ENkhK3K.png

Nice touch with the arrows!

3 hours ago, Beale said:

Always nice to see! Hopefully we shall have much more beautiful Salyut parts in the future! :)

Sounds exciting! I am sometimes tempted to have a go at recolouring Soyuz/Salyut parts myself, but me and Gimp don't get on well. I'm more of an MSPaint man!

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Wrap-around OKS panels :) 
SkKc8FQ.png

This is also great! I'm going to have to upgrade from 1.1.2 at some point.

1 hour ago, Andem said:

I'm not sure how you expect me to challenge your point if I can't address it.

So please clarify for me, what was my point and how exactly are you challenging it? I really don't understand what your'e trying to put across here.

1 hour ago, NeoFatalis said:

I had some free time and I made a N1 artwork

pitAYVe.jpg

Great job! but the inside of Blok G is similar to Blok D: a spherical oxidizer tank with a toroidal RP-1 tank. The RP-1 tank though, is a big rectangular in the way it curves. I'd take a picture of the illustration I got it from, but I'm not at home right now.

On 04/10/2016 at 11:01 PM, Jabbman said:

Sounds exciting! I am sometimes tempted to have a go at recolouring Soyuz/Salyut parts myself, but me and Gimp don't get on well. I'm more of an MSPaint man!

If you can acquire Photoshop (How you do that, I leave to your imagination), the recolour is a very very simple process, only two clicks of the fill bucket on the base layer :) 

On 06/10/2016 at 6:01 PM, NeoFatalis said:

I had some free time and I made a N1 artwork

pitAYVe.jpg

It's beautiful! You have a very classical drawing style :) 

GalileoMoon2.jpg

I am working on the N1 now, but with recent events I think what was, what is and what will be 'stockalike' is questionable, so I'm going to take a little break (And learn F#).

Edited by Beale

6 minutes ago, Beale said:

I am working on the N1 now, but with recent events I think what was, what is and what will be 'stockalike' is questionable, so I'm going to take a little break (And learn F#).

I think you should not worry too much about it; even if we don't get the revamp I think sticking with the improves porkalike style is a good move. In addition, there have been some rumblings in private circles about what the future of KSP might hold. :wink:

On 10/4/2016 at 6:01 PM, Jabbman said:

xD my sides... cant breath...

40 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

I think you should not worry too much about it; even if we don't get the revamp I think sticking with the improves porkalike style is a good move. In addition, there have been some rumblings in private circles about what the future of KSP might hold. :wink:

I agree yes, as long as whoever the new artist (if there will be one) does not do something silly with the style (Or go for 32 sided cylinders, god forbid).

Eh! As long as we get PBR :wink: 

Edit:
A small note, the KURS antenna were wrongly scaled (Change from 1.25 to 1.0)

They fit in the fairings very comfortably!

QKNpRfF.png

Edited by Beale

Re: the Libra Antenna B issue, it looks like a drag cube issue. Here is a snippet from the log when it is trying to create:

Spoiler

[LOG 09:45:04.388] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Tantares/Parts/LK/_Libra_Antenna_B/Libra_Antenna_B'
[LOG 09:45:04.394] PartLoader: Part 'Tantares/Parts/LK/_Libra_Antenna_B/Libra_Antenna_B' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 09:45:04.397] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Libra.Antenna.B'
[EXC 09:45:04.427] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__Iterator1E.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[EXC 09:45:09.650] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    SteamController.KSPSteamController.OnApplicationQuit ()
[EXC 09:45:09.667] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

On 08/10/2016 at 3:46 PM, Bombaatu said:

Re: the Libra Antenna B issue, it looks like a drag cube issue. Here is a snippet from the log when it is trying to create:

Hide contents

[LOG 09:45:04.388] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Tantares/Parts/LK/_Libra_Antenna_B/Libra_Antenna_B'
[LOG 09:45:04.394] PartLoader: Part 'Tantares/Parts/LK/_Libra_Antenna_B/Libra_Antenna_B' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 09:45:04.397] DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'Libra.Antenna.B'
[EXC 09:45:04.427] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ModuleDeployablePart.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name)
    DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__Iterator1E.MoveNext ()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)
[EXC 09:45:09.650] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    SteamController.KSPSteamController.OnApplicationQuit ()
[EXC 09:45:09.667] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Thank you very much for digging!

I may try a re-export from Unity to avoid these strange problems.

On 08/10/2016 at 7:00 PM, Beeso3 said:

Is it 1.2 compatible? Or still in the works? :)

In the works! :) 

On 08/10/2016 at 7:11 PM, kopapaka said:

Snmekobrazovkypozen2016-10-0802-27-14.jp

The true purpose of the Cygnus!

N1!

7IQNQTQ.png

43 minutes ago, Beale said:

No no, it all works very nicely :) 

That stage 3 engine shown is 2.5m top, 3.75m bottom.

Then what is the top of the tank? I guess, I want to know what the diameters of each mating surface.

Edited by CobaltWolf

On 10/7/2016 at 0:37 PM, CobaltWolf said:

I think this is really the right call, if that design document is anything to go by the Porkalike redesign did a very good job of following the existing mod standards - it meshes very well with things like Ven's and Cryoengines.  I have more to say about making things match than anyone wants to hear, but one of two things will happen: the rest of the Porkjet parts will be completed and released, in which case we chose the right direction, or they won't and the stock parts will remain mismatched, in which case the modding community will need to create and use its own better standard, which might as well be the Porkalike anyway since so much already works with it.

Edit: Hey @Beale I know you're working on other stuff right now but any word on those extra RCS blocks? I'm kinda hoping you'll eventually cover all of the variations so I don't have to maintain mine...

Do you have off sizes?

@CobaltWolf You'd like that wouldn't you...

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Then what is the top of the tank? I guess, I want to know what the diameters of each mating surface.

Ah! I mean the absolute top of the frustum is 2.5m :)

Sizes below (Saturn 5 interoperability? :wink:)

Block G  - 2.50m
Block V  - 2.50m -> 3.75m
Block B  - 3.75m -> 5.00m (24 sided cylinder to 32 sided cylinder)
Block A  - 5.00m -> 6.25m (32 sided cylinder to 48 sided cylinder)

1 hour ago, Starbuckminsterfullerton said:

Edit: Hey @Beale I know you're working on other stuff right now but any word on those extra RCS blocks? I'm kinda hoping you'll eventually cover all of the variations so I don't have to maintain mine...

They are all done (but, I didn't think to include the L-shape jets). :) 

Edited by Beale