[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 hours ago, NISSKEPCSIM said:

You should try FASA launch clamps. They are a separate download with their own thread. If you check the last page you'll see that @Galileo has posted an updated version for 1.2.2. They work fine in 1.3 too.

Either Bluedog D.B Overrided the clamps (A.K.A i messed up on where to put the mod), or the Soyuz clamps just wern't there. Is there a certain mod that has the clamps shown here?                                                Also, A Launch Abort System And Solid Premade Fairing Would Be Nice So We can Mount the Gridfins On The Outside of the Fairing.Related image

Edited by Ryan1854
wanted to add an extra suggestion

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Well well well,

I can't argue with that can I? :D 

1 hour ago, Ryan1854 said:

Either Bluedog D.B Overrided the clamps (A.K.A i messed up on where to put the mod), or the Soyuz clamps just wern't there. Is there a certain mod that has the clamps shown here?                                                Also, A Launch Abort System And Solid Premade Fairing Would Be Nice So We can Mount the Gridfins On The Outside of the Fairing.Related image

This link here you tried?

Sadly, I don't think the solid fairings are possible without a plugin. But, the LAS is alread in the mod.

Edited by Beale

18 minutes ago, Beale said:

Sadly, I don't think the solid fairings are possible without a plugin. But, the LAS is alread in the mod.

I don't mean CUSTOM BUILT solid fairings. i mean like the ones Real Scale boosters (RSB) has. (Basically Huge Cylindrical Side Decouplers that close off to a point)

if the LAS is already in the mod, is it the "Dael" Thruster Block? because if so, i tested it and i can't even lift itself off the ground, much less lift the pod and habitat modules. So that needs to be run on solid fuel, and be more powerful. ALOT more powerful. also, WHEN IS ENERGIA COMING?!??!?!?

Edited by Ryan1854
i had another question

Truss truss truss.

W6rXgRZ.jpg
16xFTO6.jpg
hoDBLLp.jpg
WI6QHGP.png

2 hours ago, Ryan1854 said:

WHEN IS ENERGIA COMING?!??!?!?

When I'm getting paid it will come out on a tight schedule... As it is a hobby, it comes when I have the motivation to work on it, no sooner.

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, DiscoSlelge said:

I dalate too much and get this on my screen with a screamer, help ?

This was my plan forever, you have 7 days to live now, I am sorry.

Stuff!

GitHub

Do you want to build Mir-2? Now you can! (Kind of).
On the Craft Files page, you can get a nice Salyut-1 (Many thanks to @DiscoSlelge.

v9l0Z9D.png~
sxwNSsp.png

Question -

Where you're posting parts on github kindof piecemeal (and I'm not complaining) , are you still planning to do "release versions" , or is your plan to trickle out the parts one at a time?

Asking for informative and planning purposes, not to suggest for/against any particular release model or schedule.

20 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Question -

Where you're posting parts on github kindof piecemeal (and I'm not complaining) , are you still planning to do "release versions" , or is your plan to trickle out the parts one at a time?

Asking for informative and planning purposes, not to suggest for/against any particular release model or schedule.

He's been packaging releases every so often.

Hello Beale, love the trusses!

After a 2-month long repair my laptop is finally ready to run KSP, so I did a fresh 1.3 install (quite a jump from 0.90, isn't it?) and downloaded Tantares. I hope that You will find the patience to help me with a question or two I've got:

1)I've noticed that the topmost conical part of the Salyut doesn't perfectly fit any of Your docking ports. Am I missing a part between the conical section and the docking port or was this intended and supposed to look like that?

2)Could You give me a run-down of the different docking rings and sizes and their historical counterparts? I'm a bit lost, really :(. Apropos, may I ask what the purpose of two different Soyuz orbital modules is? Again, do excuse my ignorance.

Thanks for reading and sorry for bothering You.

Edited by dimovski

2 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Question -

Basically will just continue on GitHub until a few complete "units" are done (Like a craft or so).
Right now I am thinking PIRS/POISK + the Mir-2 truss will be a complete release.

1 hour ago, dimovski said:

Hello Beale, love the trusses!

After a 2-month long repair my laptop is finally ready to run KSP, so I did a fresh 1.3 install (quite a jump from 0.90, isn't it?) and downloaded Tantares. I hope that You will find the patience to help me with a question or two I've got:

1)I've noticed that the topmost conical part of the Salyut doesn't perfectly fit any of Your docking ports. Am I missing a part between the conical section and the docking port or was this intended and supposed to look like that?

2)Could You give me a run-down of the different docking rings and sizes and their historical counterparts? I'm a bit lost, really :(. Apropos, may I ask what the purpose of two different Soyuz orbital modules is? Again, do excuse my ignorance.

Thanks for reading and sorry for bothering You.

To put it into pictures for easier explanation:

Y4D02Te.png

1. The part you are using is not for Salyut, sadly we do not have any at the moment - but, we do have them coming soon!
2. The bigger docking ports are for Soyuz, FGB, TKS, Salyut (Eventually) and MIR.
3. The smaller ports are for... You tell me :D 
4. The Soyuz orbital modules, the small top is for the LOK craft, the wider is for all other Soyuz versions.

Thanks a bunch!

Well, that was a rather embarassing failure... By the way, there is a small naming bug with Your Soyuz solar panels, both folding styles have exactly the same names and properties. As one can distinguish them visually, it's not a big Bdeale, but I thought I'd let You know anyhow.

Yesterday saw my first attempted at a manned Duna Landing. I used predominantly Tantares stuff with a little help from Stock/Lack Parts. I present here are the fruits of DunaMunar2 (full story in Spoiler)

9tDyis2.png

Spoiler

After successfully transferring from the command ship (heavy reliance is placed upon the autonomous systems after comrade Jeb failed to make it into his command seat) Dimnie seen below is inspecting the lander post Duna Capture (aero Braking was for the capture).

1aDvCEz.png

after dropping below about 13km the drogue chutes are deployed:

maUH41c.png

This slow the vessel enough to allow for safe detachment of the heatsheild and now empty Monoprop tank (much mono prop was used in dropping the Periapsis)

eBU32X9.png

The Duna surface now fills all of Dimnie's landing viewport:

x5J5t3V.png

As the surface nears only a small amount of thrust is required to reduce the velocity, the chutes have done the majority of the work.

yQGku8p.png

The landing turned out to be a bit rougher than expected, more thrust was required but the vessel survives the crash:

9tDyis2.png

Dimnie explores the crash landing site and sets up a marker for later:

sJJUGhn.png

She returns to the LK pod deploys what equipment she can and prepares herself for a longer stay than anticipated:

zVINm11.png

Edited by steedcrugeon
missing pictures