[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

17 hours ago, damonvv said:

lWcW6Wx.png

I kind of fixed your leg problem ;) 

What mod are those awesome leg parts from? Those things ROCK :0.0:

20 hours ago, Beale said:

0YdenJB.png
VI6bJGs.png

That new fuselage part is great. I've been using random fuel tanks to build craft, but this is a great addition. Is this available for updating? or an upcoming release?

28 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

I just realised I have a few old files, Mir modules, Zarya, and TKS. Should I upload them to github?

If they work with the current version, sure!

21 minutes ago, scottadges said:

That new fuselage part is great. I've been using random fuel tanks to build craft, but this is a great addition. Is this available for updating? or an upcoming release?

Many thanks :)

You can get this part right now from the GitHub link a few posts above this. It will be released fully soon.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:18 PM, Beale said:

Thank you for more information!

Argh, very inconsistent behaviour between separate installs. This is really hard to diagnose.
Are you all:

• on version 1.4.3?
  • Using any parachute mods / aerodynamic mods maybe?
  • Do your parachutes have any variant options (Little tear / droplet icon on the part)?
  • A screenshot of GameData would be very helpfuil too :) 

I appreciate the frustration, hope I can help fix this soon.

Happier news:

Fix on spacedock for Vostok fuel spheres, let me know if there are still problems / suggestions for balancing :) 

https://spacedock.info/mod/174/Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR

I was reading this thread from the back trying to determine what the difference between the regular New Tantares and the LV version is on CKAN when I noticed this post about the parachute.

I want to report I actually just had the no drag parachute happen with a clean reinstall (and no mods yet) of the Beta rollback of KSP 1.4.3 from Steam.

I started over due to a badly corrupted career save and made a starter ship with the stock MK1 pod, decoupler, stock flea booster, and stock starting pod chute and had it pancake....

Chute opened at 1000m and did nothing....continued at 170m/s into the ground.....

Went back into the VAB and when I right clicked on the chute it said 0.0 meters area predeployed and deployed.....so I don't know what is going on now....

I'm beginning to wonder is the 1.4.3 beta build on Steam is corrupted....

I suppose I will have to report this if it's still like that when I go back in again.....

On 7/6/2018 at 7:42 AM, JoE Smash said:

I was reading this thread from the back trying to determine what the difference between the regular New Tantares and the LV version is on CKAN when I noticed this post about the parachute.

I want to report I actually just had the no drag parachute happen with a clean reinstall (and no mods yet) of the Beta rollback of KSP 1.4.3 from Steam.

I started over due to a badly corrupted career save and made a starter ship with the stock MK1 pod, decoupler, stock flea booster, and stock starting pod chute and had it pancake....

Chute opened at 1000m and did nothing....continued at 170m/s into the ground.....

Went back into the VAB and when I right clicked on the chute it said 0.0 meters area predeployed and deployed.....so I don't know what is going on now....

I'm beginning to wonder is the 1.4.3 beta build on Steam is corrupted....

I suppose I will have to report this if it's still like that when I go back in again.....

Is this to say you were having the same issues with the stock parachute? Interesting.

19 hours ago, kopapaka said:

New carear...
First Mun land :)screenshot27_1.jpg?ver=0

Nice!

TOlypop.png
KGhFL6g.png
3Oeerkq.jpg

Basically yeah, I was mentioning that I had an occurrence of the basic stock unmodded initial parachute behaving as if the chute did nothing.

It happened twice in a row but seemingly went away after restarting the game.

Kerbal Space Program seems to have a lot of interesting glitches.....to be honest....

On 7/13/2018 at 8:21 PM, Auricniu said:
Album https://imgur.com/z0UY8EC will appear when post is submitted

Apollo-Style upper stage in tantares parts.

Unfortunately I cannot see it :(

On 7/14/2018 at 2:09 AM, kopapaka said:

Nice nice nice! Very cute :D 

No size changes here, previous craft should not be affected.

IKcXMtq.png
Iw5IWOK.png

eabArp6.jpg
RAWaCiv.png

Edited by Beale

8 hours ago, scottadges said:

Are these retextures of the existing parts (that's what it looks like), or new parts? Looking pretty sweet!

Many thanks, these are re-textures of the existing Progress parts, with a few minor model tweaks.

I thought I'd share images of the craft and a space station I've been building primarily using Tantares (also Tantares In Colors). I really love this mod and can't believe I only recently started using it!

See below for photos (didn't want to long-spam the thread). Also, sorry if this is off-topic. :P

Spoiler

This class of vehicles is inspired by the Soyuz/Shenzhou and the design evolved around specific mission needs. I'm using a couple other mods for specific parts (Heat Control, BDB, Soviet Solar Panels, etc) but the core of this playthrough is Tantares.

Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle - Alpha (OMV-A Mk2)

HB3AIVH.jpg

• Base vehicle for orbital operations including delivery, resupply, and basic lifting missions
  • Vehicle weight is 7,387Kg with 1,431m/s dV (23 total parts)
  • Total crew capacity is 3 kerbals (2 capsule, 1 habitation)
  • Includes short-range communications and basic heat management technology
  • Designed primarily to de-orbit after 2-3 missions but can maintain operations for slightly longer durations

Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle - Max Capacity (OMV-M Mk2)

5EXGjXd.jpg

• Upgraded class with greater crew capacity used for crew transfer missions and orbital operations
  • Vehicle weight is 9,872Kg with 1,922m/s dV (40 total parts)
  • Total crew capacity is 5 kerbals (3 capsule, 1 habitation, 1 airlock)
  • Includes longer-range communications an advanced heat management technology
  • Designed for longer-duration missions to support space station operations with capability to de-orbit capsule module (3 crew only) for emergencies

Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle - Lifter (OMV-L Mk1)

uVbqxKv.jpg

• Stripped-down class used in orbital construction and module lifting where drone vehicles are not feasible
  • Vehicle weight is 5,788Kg with 881m/s dV (27 total parts)
  • Total crew capacity is 2 kerbals (capsule)
  • Designed to be de-orbited for crew return via the detachable crew capsule after 1-2 missions

I've also just finished a space station in orbit utilizing the Mir/Salut components and inspired by the Tiangong 2 concept. Construction was completed using the OMV class vehicles across several missions. You can see an OMV-M Mk2 docked at the main docking connection.

Low Kerbin Orbit - Alpha (LKO-A) Space Station

MGk3Oum.jpg

Cnw4H9r.jpg

Edited by scottadges

3 hours ago, scottadges said:

I thought I'd share images of the craft and a space station I've been building primarily using Tantares (also Tantares In Colors). I really love this mod and can't believe I only recently started using it!

See below for photos (didn't want to long-spam the thread). Also, sorry if this is off-topic. :P

Reveal hidden contents

This class of vehicles is inspired by the Soyuz/Shenzhou and the design evolved around specific mission needs. I'm using a couple other mods for specific parts (Heat Control, BDB, Soviet Solar Panels, etc) but the core of this playthrough is Tantares.

Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle - Alpha (OMV-A Mk2)

HB3AIVH.jpg

• Base vehicle for orbital operations including delivery, resupply, and basic lifting missions
  • Vehicle weight is 7,387Kg with 1,431m/s dV (23 total parts)
  • Total crew capacity is 3 kerbals (2 capsule, 1 habitation)
  • Designed primarily to de-orbit after 2-3 missions but can maintain operations for slightly longer durations

Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle - Max Capacity (OMV-M Mk2)

5EXGjXd.jpg

• Upgraded class with greater crew capacity used for crew transfer missions and orbital operations
  • Vehicle weight is 9,872Kg with 1,922m/s dV (40 total parts)
  • Total crew capacity is 5 kerbals (3 capsule, 1 habitation, 1 airlock)
  • Includes longer-range communications an advanced heat management technology
  • Designed for longer-duration missions to support space station operations with capability to de-orbit capsule module (3 crew only) for emergencies

Orbital Maneuvering Vehicle - Lifter (OMV-L Mk1)

uVbqxKv.jpg

• Stripped-down class used in orbital construction and module lifting where drone vehicles are not feasible
  • Vehicle weight is 5,788Kg with 881m/s dV (27 total parts)
  • Total crew capacity is 2 kerbals (capsule)
  • Designed to be de-orbited for crew return via the detachable crew capsule after 1-2 missions

I've also just finished a space station in orbit utilizing the Mir/Salut components and inspired by the Tiangong 2 concept. Construction was completed using the OMV class vehicles across several missions. You can see an OMV-M Mk2 docked at the main docking connection.

Low Kerbin Orbit - Alpha (LKO-A) Space Station

MGk3Oum.jpg

Cnw4H9r.jpg

Wow! Those are really nice, thanks for sharing :) 

I'm sure many would enjoy the craft files!

Avionics module / reaction wheel.

k2L4kJF.png

@Drakenex ?? :D 

FCT5Wzg.jpg
d5hgLIL.jpg