[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

17 minutes ago, DiscoSlelge said:

Yeeeeees

ACH!  Buzzy Graphics!  RUN AWAY!

So seriously.   A nob question I am sure but since I just started with Tantares, can I safely delete the depreciated folder(s)?   I keep having part tests come up for DEPRECIATED in my Career playthroughs.

2 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

ACH!  Buzzy Graphics!  RUN AWAY!

So seriously.   A nob question I am sure but since I just started with Tantares, can I safely delete the depreciated folder(s)?   I keep having part tests come up for DEPRECIATED in my Career playthroughs.

Yep, no risk at all.

Should not appear in VAB by default though (without searching) are you getting that issue?

1 minute ago, Beale said:

Yep, no risk at all.

Should not appear in VAB by default though (without searching) are you getting that issue?

Honestly haven't checked.  I just ignore any contract that says DEPRECIATED in the part name.

Fun one was the rescue I had to perform with KLAWaturn (Saturn IB with the Claw above the S-IVB IU in a fairing.)   One of the Depreciated station parts had no access and a crew member stuck in side.    Returned safely thanks to almost 20 parachutes on the S-IVB stage.... and the KLAW :)   I didn't have Shadowmage's fix for no eva-able pods being used on rescue missions.

7 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Honestly haven't checked.  I just ignore any contract that says DEPRECIATED in the part name.

Fun one was the rescue I had to perform with KLAWaturn (Saturn IB with the Claw above the S-IVB IU in a fairing.)   One of the Depreciated station parts had no access and a crew member stuck in side.    Returned safely thanks to almost 20 parachutes on the S-IVB stage.... and the KLAW :)   I didn't have Shadowmage's fix for no eva-able pods being used on rescue missions.

Hmmm they should not be appearing in contracts.

I will need to take a look to fix this, thanks.

5 minutes ago, Beale said:

Hmmm they should not be appearing in contracts.

I will need to take a look to fix this, thanks.

Sorry I don't know which part it was it just said the capsule was DEPRECIATED but it was obviously a station part (half cylinder half conical ending in a 0.9375m(guess) narrow node.)    I MAY have pictures of it because I was talking a lot of pictures that day if it will help.

*EDIT* I have a picture (see below) it is a 1.25m cylinder.  Sorry about that.

8S9eii6.jpg

Edited by Pappystein

1 minute ago, Pappystein said:

Sorry I don't know which part it was it just said the capsule was DEPRECIATED but it was obviously a station part (half cylinder half conical ending in a 0.9375m(guess) narrow node.)    I MAY have pictures of it because I was talking a lot of pictures that day if it will help.

Not a problem, I think I know this issue already :)

To be fixed.

Just now, Beale said:

Not a problem, I think I know this issue already :)

To be fixed.

Updated my post with the pix :)   Not used to the Tantares LVs yet enough to know what I could have KLAWed into action with so I just went with BDB's Saturn.   Still honestly a bit thrown by the size of some of them (1.25m core diameter for R-7 kind of freaked me out when I first saw it.)  The -E series are now in my game.

13 hours ago, makingstuffupp said:

Can the stock station IVAs be used as placeholders instead of the current ones? Can the Making History IVAs be used as IVAs for the Soyuz spacecraft? @Beale

Sure, you should be able to swap out the IVAs in the config without any issue.

9 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Just updated

Congratulations!

Thanks for your amazing work :)

7 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale If you don't mind me asking, do you plan on revamping the Pirs/MRM parts?

Probably eventually, is there anything that needs in particular?

7 hours ago, makingstuffupp said:

How do you swap it out?

Sure, in the configs for the Tantares crewed parts you will find:

INTERNAL
{
    name = vega_crew_s1_1_1_interior
}

And you can swap that for some of the stock interiors, like:

INTERNAL
{
    name = Mobile_Processing_Lab_Int
}

2 hours ago, makingstuffupp said:

@Beale

When I tried to open up the Pirs craft file, how come it says I cannot open it because it is missing parts? The parts that are missing are the Castor.Decoupler.1.O and the LLV.E.Fairing.1.

Sounds like you are missing the TantaresLV mod (contains rocket parts) A lot of the craft files include the launch vehicles.

x0egQCR.png9aW9OfY.png
XiLeKzz.png1pVcgOL.png

Github

Not for the faint of heart (if you like polished stats), but you can play with these now.
Tweaking new FX. Apologies for the skybox.

Ry45K3J.png
LTd4637.png
mij5AX7.png
MQVoPhZ.png

Edited by Beale

I am very confused about Polyus. I know it had an FGB module to dock with, but what was the purpose of the larger black module. In some pictures, I've seen it as some sort of laser cannon while other show it as habitable space. What was at the end of the polyus spacecraft. What were the two radial tanks on the side for? Where are the engines that they had to use? Like the little engines on the Salyut?