[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Just wanted to say thanks again for Vostok :D Just started a new career, Mission Controller gives me Vostok-themed missions. It's so satisfactory to complete them with, well, Vostok :D

Also, I love its quick ECharge draining - it's kinda fun to re-orient it for deorbit using only four RCS thrusters.

http://i.imgur.com/9YTkpk4.pngI don't think I'm using the parts right...It didn't get that far

That's why the vast majority of SSTO's have turbojets. They offer more delta-v than rockets to counteract the air drag and to bring you up to near orbital speed before kicking in the rockets. That engine you're using there is really only intended for orbital maneuvering. Here's what you should do:

1) Slap some turbojets on. It'd be better if you also put on some LF-only tanks for the turbos to use.

2) Take off and get to cruising altitude, then level off for the cruise.

3) Get yourself to near orbital speed and about 30-35 km in altitude before kicking in the rockets.

4) Let it go!

Edited by AppleDavidJeans

Looks nice!
I agree, you should use those
well if its recycling a standard prop and as a result saves ram...
Now, it's time to review spaces & props one more time )))

Beale, awesome as usual )

Here we go...

Fairly happy with this look.

You may notice there is still a "little" cardboard.

Final version should have more cargo bags than seen here.

905a115bd2.jpg

Thanks Beale! :)

I'm currently recreating historical and some of the cancelled projects, it's 1966 and your 1.875 Alnair crew cans are just fine for my MOL/Gemini-B recreation! :)

http://cs14111.vk.me/c625216/v625216511/1172d/wLJE7X0blys.jpg

http://cs14111.vk.me/c625216/v625216511/11737/XMngM3rlwWU.jpg

Have good holidays! :)

Nice MOL!

I like the Gemini from OrionKermin's mini pack, I must make something with it :)

Christmas, New Year... Too mainstream:kiss:! Let we celebrate "Decembrist Uprising", happened 189 years ago(the 26th December of 1825).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/2e/Kolman_decembrists.jpg

It's also interesting that true "Soyuz"-rocket takes off in 25 minutes with the livestream!:cool:

http://www.federalspace.ru/317/

http://cs14110.vk.me/c618331/v618331965/1ece8/iki9pQxHeDw.jpg

In da orbit now.

http://cs14110.vk.me/c540102/v540102589/18423/U8EB3aJEJc8.jpg

àþÑÂúþÑÂüþѠýõ üþöõт ò ðшôø.

Ooh, what is the payload there?

Just wanted to say thanks again for Vostok :D Just started a new career, Mission Controller gives me Vostok-themed missions. It's so satisfactory to complete them with, well, Vostok :D

Also, I love its quick ECharge draining - it's kinda fun to re-orient it for deorbit using only four RCS thrusters.

Great that it is finding use!

THe Ec/s drain has been divisive, some like, some not. Still not sure how to go with that :S

Shiny, glad I could help. Just let me know if you feel anything should be changed.

Will do!

Really nice! :D

I have not seen an Almaz, for a while i think.

Makes me want to make the Almaz solar panels...

Thanks! The station's first crew has arrived at the station on a TKS, unfortunately, I cannot post pictures of it right now.I am planning on sending Kalmaz 2 (hehe, how original) to Munar orbit for photo reconnaissance and possibly Kalmaz 3 to Minmus. I also have a Mir replica in the works, I just have to add Priorda and the shuttle's docking module.

One thing I noticed with both my Almaz and Mir is how OP the Proton is. I was able to send Kalmaz 1 into a 240km polar orbit while barely tapping the fuel in the third stage. Every single Mir module I have launched didn't require the third stage at all, even though I deliberately wasted as much fuel as I could during the ascent.

Here we go...

Fairly happy with this look.

You may notice there is still a "little" cardboard.

Final version should have more cargo bags than seen here.

Great look!

Also, now that we have a manned ATV there is only one logical thing to do: Manned Cygnus! It's a small little can, now doubt, but there's probably enough room for a chair and a Kerbal in there. Provided he leaves his helmet at home!

Getting errors with pretty much everything, they seem to be missing parts or what not.

I can list some of these out

Almach+ tavio

HAMAl + Tavio

Soyuz TLV

all have some sort of missing part error like

kzinterstageadapter2

Kzresizablefairingbasering

strutconnectormedium

kzprocfairingside2

Any help? I have no idea how to put these together anyways

You need procedural fairings. I believe the strutconnectormedium is the strut which connects fairings via plug-in automatically, Kresizeable... is the fairing base, the kzinterstage... is obviously the interstage, and kzprocfairin... is the fairing itself, I'd guess the conic one is nr.2 and the egg-shaped one is nr.1.

You can download proc.fairings here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/39512-0-90-Procedural-Fairings-3-11-manual-shape-controls-%28December-17%29

As said you need procedural fairings but the strut connector can be solved by opening the files in a text editor (notepad will do) and using the find/replace to change them all to remove the medium from the name.

Just launched a boilerplate proof-of-concept Almaz-K:

KPYCVkh.png

A refined Blok G with an 11D53M firing the last litres of its propellant at 400km.

9fQTGQV.png

Circularization in progress.

QgRudcI.png

Finnaly in orbit, 81.4 degrees to boot!

Sadly I had problems with solar panels being blasted away when fairings were jettisoned, so I guess I'll have to use those giant Kosmos Balka panels.

Great look!

Also, now that we have a manned ATV there is only one logical thing to do: Manned Cygnus! It's a small little can, now doubt, but there's probably enough room for a chair and a Kerbal in there. Provided he leaves his helmet at home!

Argh, too small.

I have a headache just thinking about it.

The cygnus for now is purely a little robot! :)

Yay for the new tutorial part and the ATV Iva! Can't wait for it!

For the lay part of the tutorial are you planning to show how to add engine fairings? That would be useful.

Thanks!

I think it would be good, instructions on fairings and emissive textures.

Guys, don't expect a lot activity from me these days because I broke my right arm yesterday. :(

Happy holidays anyway!

I'm sorry to hear, what a bad time to break a bone.

Ah well, rest up!

Getting errors with pretty much everything, they seem to be missing parts or what not.

I can list some of these out

Almach+ tavio

HAMAl + Tavio

Soyuz TLV

all have some sort of missing part error like

kzinterstageadapter2

Kzresizablefairingbasering

strutconnectormedium

kzprocfairingside2

Any help? I have no idea how to put these together anyways

dimovski has it right, this seems you are missing PF.

I assume you are using one of the craft files?

Just launched a boilerplate proof-of-concept Almaz-K:

http://i.imgur.com/KPYCVkh.png

A refined Blok G with an 11D53M firing the last litres of its propellant at 400km.

http://i.imgur.com/9fQTGQV.png

Circularization in progress.

http://i.imgur.com/QgRudcI.png

Finnaly in orbit, 81.4 degrees to boot!

Sadly I had problems with solar panels being blasted away when fairings were jettisoned, so I guess I'll have to use those giant Kosmos Balka panels.

Boilerplate! Yeah!

I like a lot.

The engine?

ATV IVA

The cargo bags are suffering strange scaling issues, anyone familiar with this?

10e8951820.jpg

I barely managed to move a thrustvector node (or however it's called...) in Unity, so I can't quite help you with that :/

Still a boilerplate as I couldn't decide how to distribute Almaz/Salyut/TKS/VA weight for RSS, so to make it weigh enough I had to add some fuel tanks... but then it got too long to add a maneuvering engine, and I just went with something to simulate the mass. The engine name is the GRAU index for the NK-31/39... as you see NK naming is somewhat confusing so I'm going with the good ole GRAU index. 11D stands for rocket engines, 5 is probably for the 11A52 N-I launch vehicle, 3 for the 3rd stage, and M for the final modification designed for the N-IM (1965).

I barely managed to move a thrustvector node (or however it's called...) in Unity, so I can't quite help you with that :/

Still a boilerplate as I couldn't decide how to distribute Almaz/Salyut/TKS/VA weight for RSS, so to make it weigh enough I had to add some fuel tanks... but then it got too long to add a maneuvering engine, and I just went with something to simulate the mass. The engine name is the GRAU index for the NK-31/39... as you see NK naming is somewhat confusing so I'm going with the good ole GRAU index. 11D stands for rocket engines, 5 is probably for the 11A52 N-I launch vehicle, 3 for the 3rd stage, and M for the final modification designed for the N-IM (1965).

I meant to ask, the engine you have used as an upper stage there? :D

A very nice idea for a station also, I have never tried a polar orbit manned station. Would be good for spying shenanigans!

I hope the abandonment of cardboard doesn't mean the abandonment of improvised kerbal seating in the ATV :(

Sadly, yes. :(

In fact - what I really need to do: make my own set of props that can be used across all IVAs.

I'm pretty sick of using awkward mish-mashes of models used in previous IVAs, cluttering textures and etc.

Wow! It's so big! And nice-looking:rolleyes:

Thanks! But, a major problem, those cargo bags are not actually stock, but from inflatable habitat pack.

Back to the drawing board...

Edited by Beale

I meant to ask, the engine you have used as an upper stage there? :D

A very nice idea for a station also, I have never tried a polar orbit manned station. Would be good for spying shenanigans!

Well, that's my answer... the 11D53M, a modification of the NK-19/NK-31/NK-39... see why GRAU index is the better choice here? Anyway, the original 11D53 was used as the engine for the 3rd and 4th stages of the N-I. The 11D53M modification simply means a larger turbopump=>greater chamber pressure=> 1.83 times the thrust (402kN=>735kN)

If you wish, I can PM you the new and improved .cfgs which add Blok R and S, aswell as hydrolox and 11D5XM modifications to the N series pack...

(Now I'm just waiting for a gorgeous 5m fuel tank from the Energia to stretch it and squeeze it to my liking => create N-IM, V-II and V-III stages ^^)

Yeah I was 1st debating with myself if it would be a good idea to make the Almaz-K unmanned as in real life and decided against it as it's overcomplicating... I'll go with the semi-plausible excuse of mostly automated maintenance on the station, so the cosmonauts may spy as much as they wish to...

Great work! Especially I like stockalike concept of design. May be somethings need to be improved (textures), but anyway - it is best MOD that I'd seen, which implement stockalike parts from real life. How about USA, ESA and others stockalike parts in the future?

Argh, too small.

I have a headache just thinking about it.

The cygnus for now is purely a little robot! :)

Hmm, maybe you could rescale Cygnus to be 1.25 meters. It would still be smaller than the ATV, but it would be much closer to its actual size. I have always thought of the small docking nodes being like the docking ports used in Soyuz, ATV, and the shuttle, and the medium sized ones as beig like the Common Berthing Mechanism, which Cygnus, HTV, Dragon, and all of the modules in the USOS use.