[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Finally finished my new station

VHSAh2Ol.jpg

Made mostly with Tantares parts and some stock parts (mostly for the science module on the left of the screenshot).

Shown with a visiting Soyuz, Apollo (made with Tantares and RLA and docked to a docking adaptor/tug) and Orion (SDHI with Tantares solar panels).

YES! Yes, yes, yes.

Beale is a Kerbal rock star.

http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmydimOVEN1qcafw2o1_500.jpg

:blush:

Finally finished my new station

http://i.imgur.com/VHSAh2Ol.jpg

Made mostly with Tantares parts and some stock parts (mostly for the science module on the left of the screenshot).

Shown with a visiting Soyuz, Apollo (made with Tantares and RLA and docked to a docking adaptor/tug) and Orion (SDHI with Tantares solar panels).

Ohoho! I love it.

Does look very much like a join Soviet/American station :)

Etc...

As is almost (but not quite) tradition, I've made a short, silly trailer.

Well really, this is just a quick replacement for the outdated trailers with the old parts.

Those seems to be the crash logs, I meant the logs the game writes before it freezes. It should be in the same folder as KSP.exe and is called KSP.log. :)

If the game freezes, take that file, upload and send me a link. :)

Ok. Here is the final debug toolbar data from a failed load.

CUTjyeM.jpg

Just to let you know- the game doesn't freeze. It just... Gets stuck on those files.

Edited by Mekan1k

http://i.imgur.com/CUTjyeM.jpg

Just to let you know- the game doesn't freeze. It just... Gets stuck on those files.

It seems as if you may have a botched RT install? Its trying to apply the module manager patches, but can't find the needed modules. At least what I can gather from the screenie

After a small bit of Gemini balancing, I think it is ready for release!

But I still would very much like feedback on its performance.

Anyway, I am excited to see if this thing gets used (Probably not till it has a suitable IVA) :)

http://puu.sh/fKieZ/a4c162e713.jpg

When I stage the orbital engine, it decouples, rather than activates. Is this correct behavior? (It's deceiving, because in staging, it shows up as an engine, rather than a decoupler.)

When I stage the orbital engine, it decouples, rather than activates. Is this correct behavior? (It's deceiving, because in staging, it shows up as an engine, rather than a decoupler.)

It should not decouple at all by staging

"Staged=false" in the config.

Something is wrong, what's mods are you using?

hw1AuoA.png

Tantares Craft Files v2.1! CURRENTLY BROKEN

Post Edited until Craft files are redone and posted again.

Venera 9 Demonstration Flight

Tantares TweakScale Config:

Created to scale parts to reasonable sizes based on purpose.

A few notes on how it works:

• Surface Attatchable parts are scaled in reference to the thing that they were meant to attatch to.
  • 0.9375m, 1.5m, 1.875m, and 3.0m are standard sizes for most parts.
  • Crew pods have strict scaling factors.
  • Installation instructions are in the README. PM me for support.

Tantares TweakScale Config (v1.3) Dropbox Download

Alpha 1.0.0: Initial Release

Alpha 1.0.1: Added various parts, and fixed a few bugs

Alpha 1.0.2: Internal, not released

Alpha 1.0.3: Added TKS Abort tower, fixed 1x2 solar panel not scaling

Alpha 1.0.4: Added and removed certain configs for Tantares 28 part additions.

Alpha 1.0.5: Added TantaresLV config file. Place in TantaresLV like you would with the Tantares config.

v1.1: Added British rockets as well as other miscellaneous parts.

v1.2: Added Enhanced Cygnus, ATV, and added scaling factors and more.

v1.3: Added 1.5m, 2.0m, and 3.0m scaling factors as well as free scaling for N1 rocket parts.

v1.1: (Simplified models, reduced part counts, improved authenticity, consistent FGB's, additional .crafts.)

v1.2: (Improved Soyuz and Progress authenticity, added Soyuz-TMA (XLT) soft-landing jets!)

v2.0:

• Major updates and revamps to every single vehicles in light of all the parts that have come out since v1.1.
  • Utilizes parts Beale just recently released
  • Removed some ISS stuff in anticipation of 0.9375m docking ports
  • Added many Soyuz variants
  • Added and removed some vehicles ("Khleb" removed, because Beale ended up making it the name of the Soyuz capsule... :P)

v2.1

• Update nearly all docking ports to new 0.9375m size
  • Added ISS modules, Gemini, ASTP, and Sputnik
  • Added useful Subassemblies
  • Cleaned up crafts for smaller part counts
  • Improved historical accuracy

Soyuz-TMA (XLT) Flight Test/Demo (Old)

v1.1:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

v2.1:

v2.0:

Edited by curtquarquesso

It seems as if you may have a botched RT install? Its trying to apply the module manager patches, but can't find the needed modules. At least what I can gather from the screenie

I don't have any RemoteTech files here. I have an adopted Aeroprobe and microsat that I carried over, and I modded the antennae so that they used the stock modules, but.. I will try and see if removing the RT modulemanager config will help.

Errors this time:

pMYWMrQ.jpg

So... What is "MMH not found in resource database. Propellant Setup has failed." mean?

@Beale: I actually didn't mean for the Tweakscale config to be added to the pack, just providing it if someone wants a copy. The real problem is the config that comes with Tweakscale is outdated. Looks like someone used to use numbers in part names but decided letters were better or something. :P

Also, Pol is 0.625 and docks on a 0.625. Progress is a 1.25 and docks on a 0.625. ATV (forget what you call it) is a 2.5 and docks on a 1.25 was my point. I meant to say there's not a 1.25 form factor resupply vessel with a 1.25 docking port. :P

http://i.imgur.com/CUTjyeM.jpg

Delete the Tantares_Extra_RealFuels.cfg from the folder, it should help. It seems that lot of people got this problem, I should check the config for bugs.

It should not decouple at all by staging

"Staged=false" in the config.

Something is wrong, what's mods are you using?

Far as I can tell, it triggers BOTH "Activate Engine" and "Decouple"

EDIT: Oh and the 2 Kerbal Capsule needs ablative shielding...

Tantares .craft Files v1.1 Dropbox Download!

(Simplified models, reduced part counts, improved authenticity, consistent FGB's, additional .crafts.)

Imgur album:

http://imgur.com/a/8RDpM

• ATV – Capella
  • Cygnus – Pollux
  • Fuji – Polaris
  • Apollo with Docking Module
  • Progress – Hamal
  • Soyuz-TMA – Tantares
  • Soyuz-7K-LOK – Tantares 'Farshot'
  • Shenzhou – Mianbao
  • TKS - Crew – Alnair
  • TKS - Cargo – Alnair
  • Vostok – Almach Ballistic Capsule
  • Stayputnik

• Salyut (Almaz) – Vega
  • Salyut 4 – Vega
  • Salyut 6 and 7 – Vega

• Mir Core Module
  • Mir Kvant-1 Module
  • Mir Kvant-2 Module
  • Mir Kristall Module
  • Mir Priroda Module
  • Mir Spektr Module

• 'Drakon' (Dragon clone)
  • 'Khleb' (Sentient bread)
  • Minotaur (from alternate history)

• Zarya FGB
  • Zvezda Service Module
  • Nauka MLM (planned module)

• Soyuz FG R-7 Rocket
  • Protok-K (for all large modules)

• Gemini – Tantini (once it's a little more proven)
  • Poisk, Rassvet, Pirs, and Mir Docking Module (waiting for the right parts to get made...)
  • Mir-2 Modules (one day...)
  • PPTS (coming soon...)
  • N-1 (http://i.imgur.com/XkVToWM.gif)
  • HTV

Dependencies

• Procedural Fairings
  • RLA_Stockalile (Only for Apollo)
  • TweakScale (Sorry, there were a few things that just had to get scaled to be accurate)

Pictures are purely informative, I can't run full textures or enhancement mods, so if you grab any nice shots, put them up!

Should be good for posting if you like, Beale. I've nitpicked and completely redone every .craft enough times over, so they should be fairly authentic. :wink:

Please nitpick and critique! :)

Only things I can think of that would interfere would be TweakableEverything and Animated Decouplers. I'll troubleshoot the Kerbal way...

WOW is all I can say.

So pretty. And built exactly how I like them.

You are a god among whatever your avatar is.

I'll stick these on the front page when I get out of bed.

@Beale: I actually didn't mean for the Tweakscale config to be added to the pack, just providing it if someone wants a copy. The real problem is the config that comes with Tweakscale is outdated. Looks like someone used to use numbers in part names but decided letters were better or something. :P

Also, Pol is 0.625 and docks on a 0.625. Progress is a 1.25 and docks on a 0.625. ATV (forget what you call it) is a 2.5 and docks on a 1.25 was my point. I meant to say there's not a 1.25 form factor resupply vessel with a 1.25 docking port. :P

Ahah! Okay I understand now.

Yep numbers to letters waa to maintain compat onxe upon a time, like a year ago, wow that is out of date.

Far as I can tell, it triggers BOTH "Activate Engine" and "Decouple"

EDIT: Oh and the 2 Kerbal Capsule needs ablative shielding...

So this affects you alao?

Ack, this is no good. The Gemini relies on the decoupler not being staged - works fine for me.

Shielding - oversight, will fix :)

suddenly , a wild Voyager 1 appears...

i used the long antenna, which fits perfectly !

other mods used: AIES Aerospace, Infernalrobotics, Tweakscale for IR and DMagic Orbital Science

http://i.imgur.com/KgrjAEy.png

Wow, nice!

I need to do this for sure

Gemini in action. Looks... agressive!

Also, it's too light, IMO. (Or FASA Atlas is too powerful for FAR. Even with KIDS it can deliver up to 7 tons to 120x120 orbit)

ZMMFQRL.jpg

Bug report: Gemini engine doesn't give a dV readings in Mechjeb (Other functions and readings work, though).

T6qPhYe.jpg

K6wxIsI.jpg

all FASA rockets are more "arcade"sytle balanced for easy usage. and some are build completly wrong (Titan II with Gemini as Example ship has way to long fueltanks f.ex.)

but very cool idea biohazard to use an Atlas. which cloud mod are you using? i look for a good working one for my game.

Oh, those ships! You are awesome, curtquarquesso! Have you thought about TMK? It could be done pretty well with stock and Tantares parts. :)

New updates needs new video, yeah, so I started filming a small cinematic with V-2, new TKS parts, new Soyuz and lots of stuff. :)

It will be more than just a trailer, at least I expect it to be.

all FASA rockets are more "arcade"sytle balanced for easy usage. and some are build completly wrong (Titan II with Gemini as Example ship has way to long fueltanks f.ex.)

but very cool idea biohazard to use an Atlas. which cloud mod are you using? i look for a good working one for my game.

I'm a fan of Atlas, so I use it whenever possible :) I even had a custom-built one, using KM Special mod (with working boosters jettisoning - shroud and all! Sadly, KM Special went dead with 0.90 release, so I'm using FASA now.)

It's just a basic EVE configs. I don't use visual packs - they're tend to eat precious memory.

Oh, those ships! You are awesome, curtquarquesso! Have you thought about TMK? It could be done pretty well with stock and Tantares parts. :)

New updates needs new video, yeah, so I started filming a small cinematic with V-2, new TKS parts, new Soyuz and lots of stuff. :)

TMK? Absolutely have. Have to pull myself away from KSP for a bit. Have physics and calculus breathing down my neck...

Are those ships pretty enough to be in a trailer? *hint hint* ;)

The next release will be a while. Not until most of the stuff Beale has in the oven is done. The big things I'm waiting on is PPTS for Mir-2 or OPSEK, and a small cutesy pressurized module like Poisk or Rassvet for the Russian ISS segment He said at one point he was considering doing something like one of them, but didn't confirm.

TMK would require a heat shield for the reenty probe, which would make it DRE dependent. Might wait as long as 1.0 to drop. Once I get started on a .craft, it takes a dozen iterations for me to be happy with it... :D

P.S. If any one has any issues with the .crafts (unplanned rapid disassembly, staging, etc.) let me know right away! I've flown them with FAR and KJR. Not sure how they fly with stock physics.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Gemini in action. Looks... agressive!

Also, it's too light, IMO. (Or FASA Atlas is too powerful for FAR. Even with KIDS it can deliver up to 7 tons to 120x120 orbit)

http://i.imgur.com/ZMMFQRL.jpg

Bug report: Gemini engine doesn't give a dV readings in Mechjeb (Other functions and readings work, though).

http://i.imgur.com/T6qPhYe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/K6wxIsI.jpg

Nice Atla-emin...i?

I like it though.

The DV readings, yep, it's a pain.

But, basically both MJ and KE disregard and part that has moduleDecouple, even if it is not activated by staging.

Cannot fix it really. The alternative is to make the Gemini SM a "docking port" with its own unique port ID, that way you can decouple from it, but nothing will be able to re-connect with it. But that brings its own quirks, like being able to "control from here".

Edit: Actually, kerbal engineer works in flight for Delta V, just not in the VAB for some reason. FYI total Tantini Delta V is just under 1k m/s IIRC, still a little higher than it should be.

Cinematic! :cool:

I can't wait.

and a small cutesy pressurized module like Poisk or Rassvet for the Russian ISS segment He said at one point he was considering doing something like one of them, but didn't confirm.

I'll be doing the Stykovochnyy Otsek, the MIR docking module for the small pressurized part. Will fill out the HAMAL texture sheet nicely.

Edited by Beale

I'll be doing the Stykovochnyy Otsek, the MIR docking module for the small pressurized part. Will fill out the HAMAL texture sheet nicely.

What about an ambiguous blend of all four? (Pirs, Poisk, Rassvet, Otsek) They all really have about the same basic shape. Mianbao is pretty similar to these, it's just not curvy enough. Rassvet could be made by attaching a Goo Canister and a structural panel to the exterior, and the Mir Docking module could be made by attaching some of your batteries, or KAS containers. Now that I think about it, Pirs and Poisk could be made by clipping some adapters into a Hamal orb.

Are you planning for it be a straight .625 module like Pollux, or will it be a 1.25m diameter module that reduces to .625m like the Mianbao?

On the subject of future parts, all that building pointed out a few voids in the current parts list.

• 1.875 Orbital Engine. MP or LF. There really isn't one at the moment unfortunately.
  • 'Many-nozzled' RCS blocks to replicate some of the attitude thrusters on Salyut and FGB modules. The only way to create them is to double up thrusters, which increases the part count by a bit.
  • Short 1.25m cylindrical part. It'd be nice to get the 1.875m monopropellant tank TweakScaleable between .625, 1.25, 1.875, and 2.5. It'd be a really useful part structurally.

General feedback: With FAR, everything is waaaaaay OP. The R-7 and the Proton become nearly SSTO capable. I wouldn't bother tweaking it significantly until Squad rebalances their stuff, and redoes the aero model.

What about an ambiguous blend of all four? (Pirs, Poisk, Rassvet, Otsek) They all really have about the same basic shape. Mianbao is pretty similar to these, it's just not curvy enough. Rassvet could be made by attaching a Goo Canister and a structural panel to the exterior, and the Mir Docking module could be made by attaching some of your batteries, or KAS containers. Now that I think about it, Pirs and Poisk could be made by clipping some adapters into a Hamal orb.

Are you planning for it be a straight .625 module like Pollux, or will it be a 1.25m diameter module that reduces to .625m like the Mianbao?

On the subject of future parts, all that building pointed out a few voids in the current parts list.

• 1.875 Orbital Engine. MP or LF. There really isn't one at the moment unfortunately.
  • 'Many-nozzled' RCS blocks to replicate some of the attitude thrusters on Salyut and FGB modules. The only way to create them is to double up thrusters, which increases the part count by a bit.
  • Short 1.25m cylindrical part. It'd be nice to get the 1.875m monopropellant tank TweakScaleable between .625, 1.25, 1.875, and 2.5. It'd be a really useful part structurally.

General feedback: With FAR, everything is waaaaaay OP. The R-7 and the Proton become nearly SSTO capable. I wouldn't bother tweaking it significantly until Squad rebalances their stuff, and redoes the aero model.

Hard to generalize between Poisk and Rassvet/SO, but to generalize between Rassvet and SO is more what I was planning (remove the stick-out-bits) from SO.

And yeah, 1.25m going to 0.625m.

Your part list:

1.875m engine: Considered for Spekky/Khleb/Phantom, whatever people call it. :)

Many nozzle RCS: I know about this. Maybe the TKS could have them bundled. Trouble is FX is limited to RCS modules and it is quite a big effect! So it looks dumb with tiny nozzles.

1.25m tank: could make this in like 10 minutes, but hard to decide what "craft" it belongs to, also questionable redundancy against stock MonoProp tanks (but then they are heavy different style).

FAR: always is the case, I suggest KIDS (If you are using kids then :sealed: it needs a further look in).

My personal feeling: The rockets are balanced against stock parts, so you could make something with roughly equivalent stock parts and it would be just as "overpowered". Do I make things that intentionally perform worse than stock, or just go with the flow?

When new aero hits everything will go to hell, maybe, most things may need to be re-balanced (Especially as they have changed fundamentally how engines work.).

Another potential part on the wish-list is a Mir-2-alike truss segment.

mir1593.gif

But, currently I'm working on the N1 and LK.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Edit:

88343807b0.jpg

Oh my god, he's a mod!

Edited by Beale

Another potential part on the wish-list is a Mir-2-alike truss segment.

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/m/mir1593.gif

But, currently I'm working on the N1 and LK.

Thanks for the feedback :)

That's a light version of Mir-2, not so awesome as concepts of the original Mir-2. I will translate pictures I've posted before, so that you can figure it out how it was supposed to work. :)

Edit:

http://puu.sh/fMvYh/88343807b0.jpg

Oh my god, he's a mod!

Yes, Komrade Beale! Now if you need to change the poll, you don't need to call for help, I'll be watching you! ke-ke-ke

As I've told yesterday, today is a great day, now that I will be another mod (along asmi) in charge of the Russian segment of forum :)

congratulation Niemand303 !

@Beale: balance your rockets against STOCK parts and atmospheric model. there is no sense in balancing it for FAR or NEAR (espacily 1.0 is around teh corner) most people only use stock atmos model and it wpuld be a shame if tehy get underpowered rockets...

and every stock rocket is overpowered for FAR and NEAR.

TMK? Absolutely have. Have to pull myself away from KSP for a bit. Have physics and calculus breathing down my neck...

Are those ships pretty enough to be in a trailer? *hint hint* ;)

TMK is really cool! I went crazy and resized some parts to 6m diameter for an accurate replica, but then I got entangled with spaceplanes before I could finalize the masses.

And I agree, a Poisk/Rassvet would be really cool! I hope the docking module won't be orange however...

PS:Could you actually be going for a physics bachelor or master? And you got time for building such beautiful parts?! Are you a god or something?

(Yeah, I'd like to study physics but I'm really unsure if someone with a miserable IQ of 120 (yes, yes, not really an accurate measurement of intelligence...) could pull off such a thing with decent enough marks to work for the industry)

EDIT:Congrats Niemand! One more to ban me! :sticktongue: