[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Well... I have my own space station in the works!

6p5dJoV.png

Yep, it's going to be a Munar station. This is just the Core Module, based on Zarya. It is unable to receive BTK spacecraft right now, because BTK uses APAS ports while the station only has probe/drogue ports. The next module to go up (Cargo Logistics Module, derived from DOS) will have an APAS port to allow BTK spacecraft to dock here. I'm thinking of making Cygnus (rescaled to 1.25m) the station's main resupply craft, with Progress available as an emergency backup.

EDIT: Holy sh*t you're bob fitch :confused: No wonder I recognized the username!

Yep. :)

I did the same thing... sitting with ref images open for hours trying to get details like this:

zarya-grafik1.jpg

I also used that same ISS paper models stuff/site/pics.

I'd like to report a minor bug in the RemoteTech ModuleManager configurations.

I noticed that the Vostok/Almach antenna (the "A961A Hoop Antenna" in-game) was not a RemoteTech compatible antenna. I checked in the config file (_Extra_RemoteTech.cfg), and it looks like the antenna was being referred to as "Almach_Antenna_A" in the RemoteTech config file, but in the config file for the actual part, the name was "Vostok_Antenna_A". Changing the name of the part in _Extra_RemoteTech.cfg to "Vostok_Antenna_A" fixes the issue.

I also noticed that the config file for the part was called Almach_Antenna_A.cfg, rather than Vostok, which is likely the source of any confusion while writing the config files.

I might go so far as to say... better than mine.

Time for Project Gateway MkII, perhaps, with Tantares instead of Kosmos?

EDIT: Maybe you ought to do Mir next time. It can get boring watching someone make videos of the same thing twice.

Edited by pTrevTrevs

I'd like to report a minor bug in the RemoteTech ModuleManager configurations.

I noticed that the Vostok/Almach antenna (the "A961A Hoop Antenna" in-game) was not a RemoteTech compatible antenna. I checked in the config file (_Extra_RemoteTech.cfg), and it looks like the antenna was being referred to as "Almach_Antenna_A" in the RemoteTech config file, but in the config file for the actual part, the name was "Vostok_Antenna_A". Changing the name of the part in _Extra_RemoteTech.cfg to "Vostok_Antenna_A" fixes the issue.

I also noticed that the config file for the part was called Almach_Antenna_A.cfg, rather than Vostok, which is likely the source of any confusion while writing the config files.

This issue has already been resolved in the updated config file found Here

So I have several mods, but the majority are these:

- Tantares (russian segment and misc. parts here and there)

- CxAerospace Station Parts Pack (US segment, not too many parts atm, currently only Unity-1 and Destiny except I custom re-scaled the Destiny module to 1.5x length)

- Ven Stock Revamp (provide most of the greeble for building the different trusses and details on the russian segment as well as the main walls for the truss segments)

- Infernal Robotics Revamp (rework?) (structure of the trusses I made out of the pipes and pieces in this pack)

- Kerbal Inventory System (helped with construction A LOT, also is reinforcing S0 Truss to Destiny Lab)

EDIT: Photos? hell yeah when i'm done i'm gonna screenshot the crap out of it, but for craft files, there's a lot of custom welded and made parts that are needed which I could share possibly, however it would require having the same mods as me which could be a lot but if it's wanted I can provide it

Those are the mods he used.

Hello!

The ISS build is wonderful, I am very happy to see such a thing :)

Couple points:

• RT issues have been fixed for next release, but pending.
  • There are a lot of texture tweaks being made, the little I can do at the moment.
  • I'm hella busy, sorry!

Anyway, revamped Antares :) (Same dimensions, no save breaking, simple art update).

00fed4e528.jpg

daeca95f7a.jpg

Old and new, there is not a great difference, but the new will hopefully offer a cleaner looking Antares than the current tank.

f3b6157eca.jpg

Time for Project Gateway MkII, perhaps, with Tantares instead of Kosmos?

EDIT: Maybe you ought to do Mir next time. It can get boring watching someone make videos of the same thing twice.

My next ISS will be in RSS of course at 100% scale delivered with replicas of the same launch vehicles used. I will also do a Mir at some point.

I will most likely be relying heavily on mods like this, that did not exist when I did Gateway (and the ones that did were not at the quality they are today).

My next ISS will be in RSS of course at 100% scale delivered with replicas of the same launch vehicles used. I will also do a Mir at some point.

I will most likely be relying heavily on mods like this, that did not exist when I did Gateway (and the ones that did were not at the quality they are today).

Wow, I didn't actually expect you to do it again, let alone in RSS. Well, I can't wait to see this! Have you ever used Tantares in your videos, by the way? I seem to remember seeing the old model for the ATV being used for one of your resupply craft...

Hell yeah, one of the Great Ones replied to my comment.

Looking very nice! Love to see you rising up to the challenge, Mr. Bread!

Many thanks!

I look forward to see :)

Engine

e2a652f81a.jpg

Thrust Vectoring

f5af3d8f70.jpg

First Stage

972f406a20.jpg

Some First Stages

0de8d4ca3e.jpg

Edited by Beale

Nice! From my own attempts at Soviet style naming, I assume that PTK stands for Pol Transport Ship (Korabl, in Russian).

EDIT: Cargo Logistics Module is now on Salyut-M 1. Crewed spacecraft can now dock with the station. l8upSky.png

Uh... How do I fix the root part shrinking bug, again? It's a little hard to see here, but the crew tank on the FGB Core Module shrunk.

Edited by pTrevTrevs
Station update

Nice! From my own attempts at Soviet style naming, I assume that PTK stands for Pol Transport Ship (Korabl, in Russian).

EDIT: Cargo Logistics Module is now on Salyut-M 1. Crewed spacecraft can now dock with the station. http://i.imgur.com/l8upSky.png

Uh... How do I fix the root part shrinking bug, again? It's a little hard to see here, but the crew tank on the FGB Core Module shrunk.

Don't rescale the root part. Have the root part be something that was not rescaled.

- - - Updated - - -

And Beale, how did you manage to make it gimbal like that? Is it two engines? KM Gimbal dependent?

Awesomes

Just a quick one, is the BLUE STREAK rocket still its original size or has it been re-scaled, IRL it was roughly a metre wider than BLACK ARROW

EDIT: Cargo Logistics Module is now on Salyut-M 1. Crewed spacecraft can now dock with the station. http://i.imgur.com/l8upSky.png

You got the name! :)

Check the config of the LK crew cabin for the scaling fix. I will apply it myself to more parts when I can (I know it has been this way for a while, sorry).

- - - Updated - - -

And Beale, how did you manage to make it gimbal like that? Is it two engines? KM Gimbal dependent?

Engines have been able to gimbal this way for a few versions of KSP, to allow roll control, just press E or Q :)

Awesomes

Just a quick one, is the BLUE STREAK rocket still its original size or has it been re-scaled, IRL it was roughly a metre wider than BLACK ARROW

Many thanks!

On scale - not yet - 2.5m is a better size, but for me it would take parts away from already starved 1.875m range.

Opinions? Put it to vote?

Don't rescale the root part. Have the root part be something that was not rescaled.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't rescale the part though, it's still 1.875 meters, or it was before it shrunk

You got the name! :)

Check the config of the LK crew cabin for the scaling fix. I will apply it myself to more parts when I can (I know it has been this way for a while, sorry).

Engines have been able to gimbal this way for a few versions of KSP, to allow roll control, just press E or Q :)

Many thanks!

On scale - not yet - 2.5m is a better size, but for me it would take parts away from already starved 1.875m range.

Opinions? Put it to vote?

2.5m would make BLACK PRINCE 2 with Centaur second stage easier to make, as a certain other mod of kerbalised real life space craft/LV has a nicely done 2.5m Centaur

Guys, I have (may be strange) question: Almach parachute in RealChute config is upside down when deployed. How I can fix that?

I made this from original RealChute Tantares parachute config:

@PART[Almach_Parachute_A]:AFTER[RealChute]
{
@maximum_drag = 0.32
@mass = 0.08
!sound_parachute_open
!sound_parachute_single

!MODULE[ModuleParachute]{}

MODULE
{
name = RealChuteModule
caseMass = 0.08
timer = 0
mustGoDown = false
cutSpeed = 0.5
spareChutes = 5

PARACHUTE
{
material = Nylon
preDeployedDiameter = 2.5
deployedDiameter = 30
minIsPressure = true
minPressure = 0.01
deploymentAlt = 700
cutAlt = -1
preDeploymentSpeed = 2
deploymentSpeed = 6
preDeploymentAnimation = Almach_Parachute_A_Semi
deploymentAnimation = Almach_Parachute_A_Full
parachuteName = Almach_Parachute_A_Canopy
capName = Cap
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
}

EFFECTS
{
rcpredeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_parachute_open
volume = 1
}
}

rcdeploy
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_parachute_single
volume = 1
}
}

rccut
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_cut
volume = 1
}
}

rcrepack
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = RealChute/Sounds/sound_parachute_repack
volume = 1
}
}
}
}

Edited by Lexx Thai
Config attached

IMHO the more we get in 1.875 the better.

The size seriously lacks a medium small/size LFO tank (maybe 2m long), and an bell-nozzle engine(s) with a 1.875m fairing suitable for upper-stage use. A shorter/slimmer decoupler would be a good addition as well. Those three parts and the size would really be pretty viable.

Edited by tjsnh

IMHO the more we get in 1.875 the better.

The size seriously lacks a medium small/size LFO tank (maybe 2m long), and an bell-nozzle engine(s) with a 1.875m fairing suitable for upper-stage use. A shorter/slimmer decoupler would be a good addition as well. Those three parts and the size would really be pretty viable.

Agreed. And anyone wanting/needing the parts to be a different diameter can get along nicely with TweakScale.

Hey all. Russian EVA happening now on boar the station if anyone is interested. Should give nice imagery of the current Russian segment configuration. One of the activities includes window washing, I kid you not. :P

TweakScale should still work for all your LV scaling needs. There is support for the British rockets.

ATV Solar panel animation is going much better now. I'm sorry I take so much longer to get stuff done. Beale has been doing this for quite a bit longer than I have, and I had some unexpected travel come up. :P

Edited by curtquarquesso

Here is an update to my ISS build! I wanted to specifically show off the Pirs/Poisk modules made possible from this mod. Current part count is at 120 parts.

Check the album for descriptions and details!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Big photos ;)

rGo5eG3.png

ZkLorfL.png

iFQ7jHI.png

C1hiXh5.png

Bmwjn0f.png

ecVw9W4.png

WK2LZRl.png

eMOfaDl.png

xfMNb5H.png

1I2Foq7.png