[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 7/7/2019 at 9:25 PM, TK-313 said:

The Speccy, of course ;)  Most iconic 8-bit computer in (post-)USSR ever.

A man of taste. :wink:

On 7/7/2019 at 9:53 PM, kopapaka said:

:)

mix.jpg?ver=0

These are crazy, I love the capsule recovery system.

On 7/8/2019 at 12:36 AM, AlphaMensae said:

The gantry arms are now animated. Da!

That looks really great! Nice and bouncy!

Amazing work, I look forward to using it :)

Here are the poll options along with some existing things.

The Rockot, Kosmos, Briz, and Soyuz bits are 1.5m (or close enough) so I would probably go in full on on that size.

JQH1Ret.png

Edited by Beale

Hi @Beale! Back in KSP after a few years, nice to see you still fiddling around with colours and styles :) Has there ever been a compelete lineup without you changing something? lol

Anyway, before becoming bored again, I was trying to recreate a decent ISS with the great HabTech revamped parts. The US part is easy breezy, but the Russian Segment is another thing. I have a few questions, if you don't mind me asking. I'm sorry to bother but I'm really having difficulties already with the new bits and pieces of the game (last played 1.0 something) and Tantares is as always evolving every version!

• What engine part am I supposed to use as engines for Zarya and Zvezda? I seem to remember a radially attachable engine, but I can't find it
  • Are there shorter Zarya external tanks planned (IRL they're not the same length)?
  • What part should I use as a connector between Zarya core and the 4-way hub adapter? I think I already asked this a long time ago but again I can't find the part!

1 hour ago, trooperMNG said:

Hi @Beale! Back in KSP after a few years, nice to see you still fiddling around with colours and styles :) Has there ever been a compelete lineup without you changing something? lol

Anyway, before becoming bored again, I was trying to recreate a decent ISS with the great HabTech revamped parts. The US part is easy breezy, but the Russian Segment is another thing. I have a few questions, if you don't mind me asking. I'm sorry to bother but I'm really having difficulties already with the new bits and pieces of the game (last played 1.0 something) and Tantares is as always evolving every version!

1. What engine part am I supposed to use as engines for Zarya and Zvezda? I seem to remember a radially attachable engine, but I can't find it
  2. Are there shorter Zarya external tanks planned (IRL they're not the same length)?
  3. What part should I use as a connector between Zarya core and the 4-way hub adapter? I think I already asked this a long time ago but again I can't find the part!

Bentornato! Good to see you once more! :wink: 

To answer these questions:

1. Vega OE2 "Spion" Rocket Engine

gJqO0PK.png

2. I think IRL they are the same length, but the radiator covers makes this confusing. Layout should be something like:

KshUSEu.png

3. Two options for this:

FSzQ0Q4.png

Github

Control cores and LK variants. Almost finished now.

tqI1vz8.jpg
YDCA1Qn.jpg

Have we done a Tantares wishlist recently?  I think it's time for a wishlist.  I'll start.  My list is in no order and I agree to the End User Soontm Agreement.  I'll start with an obvious one:

• Voskhod.  Already planned for much later so let's not discuss this.  Move along, nothing to see here.
  • Sputnik sphere:  I'm thinking just a simple sphere probe.  Spheres are cool.  For the antennae, Tantares already has some good ones.
  • Soyuz 2.1v:  We just need the NK-33 and the RD-193
  • Luna 3  Took the first pictures of the far side of the Moon.
  • Luna 16  The first Soviet Lunar sample return mission.
  • Luna 17 aka the first Lunakhod mission.  I think Coatl will be doing this eventuallytm.
  • Mars 2 and 3  Martian orbiter and lander combo.  Both had little rovers, but I'm okay with leaving them out.
  • A fixing up of the Blok D:  It doesn't quite fit into the various main size categories, and it could use it's own fairing set up.  I'll have to grab some screenshots.  Idealy the blok D would be big enough that the fairing will enshroud the Lunar Lander without bulging out.
  • More Launch escape towers:  The VA/TKS still needs it's iconic tower, and there are a few other designs that can be incorporated.
  • Smaller grid fins so I can better recreate the Soyuz launch escape system.  Would this require another plugin to turn off the grid fins' aerodynamics when folded?

This isn't a todo list, just stuff that would be cool to see in Beale's style.  What about you guys, what's on your wishlist?  Remember, no demanding, you must agree to the End User Soontm Agreement:  If it's gonna get done, it'll be done when it's done, no requesting for faster done.

4 minutes ago, Deltac said:

Have we done a Tantares wishlist recently?  I think it's time for a wishlist.  I'll start.  My list is in no order and I agree to the End User Soontm Agreement.  I'll start with an obvious one:

This isn't a todo list, just stuff that would be cool to see in Beale's style.  What about you guys, what's on your wishlist?  Remember, no demanding, you must agree to the End User Soontm Agreement:  If it's gonna get done, it'll be done when it's done, no requesting for faster done.

• Briz

16 hours ago, Deltac said:

Smaller grid fins so I can better recreate the Soyuz launch escape system.

You can use TweakScale for that, the same goes to Sputnik 1 or Luna 2  (use the stock Stayputnik).

16 hours ago, Deltac said:

Have we done a Tantares wishlist recently?  I think it's time for a wishlist

Some interplanetary spacecraft like

• Luna 3 would be great I can help with a hullcamVDS  patch if you want
  • Luna 4-14 (Ye-6) , they had 3 variations lander, small orbiter and medium orbiter;
  • Ye-8... just the descent module would be great! A sample return version (Luna 15, 16, 19, 20) would be interesting;
  • Venera 2-4 (2MV and 3MV) can be made with the same parts as Ye-6, just with different solar panels;
  • Venera 6-8 (V-67 and V-72) would need a dedicated atmospheric probe but used the same bus as 2MV and 3MV
  • Briz
  • A Soyuz cover. A conical-cylindrical shell with the same texture as the fairings, kinda like the improvised version below

2zsnPdU.png

Edited by Marcelo Silveira

4 hours ago, Marcelo Silveira said:

TweakScale

Personally *dawns monocle* I prefer to not mod a mod with another mod.  But that's just me.  myeeees.

I do like how we both have Luna missions in our wishlists.  I was hoping for some crossover!

Edited by Deltac

On 7/11/2019 at 11:02 PM, Beale said:

2. I think IRL they are the same length, but the radiator covers makes this confusing. Layout should be something like:

KshUSEu.png

I actually kind of doubt it, because the difference is quite obvious in pictures like this:

Unity-Zarya-Zvezda_STS-106-e142551444035

38 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

I actually kind of doubt it, because the difference is quite obvious in pictures like this:

The problem is you're looking at the radiators.  The tanks themselves are covered in insulation, and can't be seen properly.  I have seen 3d models of Zarya that show the tanks as different sizes, but I don't know how accurate those are.

55 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Unity-Zarya-Zvezda_STS-106-e142551444035

11 minutes ago, Deltac said:

The problem is you're looking at the radiators.  The tanks themselves are covered in insulation, and can't be seen properly.  I have seen 3d models of Zarya that show the tanks as different sizes, but I don't know how accurate those are.

Huh interesting, I will look into it deeper.

For other's information [snip], the forward tanks are shorter. In fact, during Nauka's fuel tank debacle, using them was a possibility (it originally had them, being a backup for Zarya), but it would have significantly eaten into the safety margins, not to mention IIRC they were found to be contaminated, as well.

Edited by Guest
Redacted by moderator

43 minutes ago, Deltac said:

No problem ;) Here's a couple photos from the module's assembly and integration:

zTWCqzx.jpg

DBAtFC7.jpg

Edited by TK-313

3 hours ago, TK-313 said:

No problem ;) Here's a couple photos from the module's assembly and integration:

zTWCqzx.jpg

DBAtFC7.jpg

These are great, thanks a lot.

IVA

Some decent progress on the mask, but there is a lot left to do.
How do people feel about a two-seater?

VreHGYf.jpg
8m4oPhm.jpg
80LpPnF.png

Edited by Beale
Redacted by moderator

Some posts have been Edited or removed.   If you do not like what a person has said, then just report it.  If they have broken the rules, we will handle it.  Do not engage them, and never attack them on a personal level.  That makes you just as bad as they are. 

22 minutes ago, Beale said:

IVA

Some decent progress on the mask, but there is a lot left to do.
How do people feel about a two-seater?

VreHGYf.jpg

I mean a 2 seater might be useful in game (if you can squeeze it in!!) but I personally would just use the more authentic 1 seater :) 

Edited by Zorg
spelling