[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

1 minute ago, Jebihean Kerman said:

does anyone know how to get LOK-700 parts because i dont have them

LK-700 is still in developpement, not released for now.

You could use github repo for actual dev test but that a work in progress

10 hours ago, Beale said:

Big balance fixes for LK-700. New agency to re-order some parts.
A few other balance tweaks across other parts.

LK-700_Poster1.jpg

oh yeah! nice flag and poster btw, thanks

That was an unexpeted lot of new parts for Tantares, really useful and interesting to play, i already see many possibilities with those!

So many thanks again @Beale :prograde:

-------------------------------------------------------

6 hours ago, Jebihean Kerman said:

i got to just got the landing leg and attend and a few parts but no fuel tank no new engine and no UR-700 parts but the must important no capusle for the UR-700 :( and i dont have the ascent stage and descent stage is it because is still in delopement?

Download the last github repo here https://github.com/Tantares/Tantares the clone or download button

I don't know if beale have planned to make the launcher itself, he have uploaded a craft files that reproduce it (see first post on the thread)

the pod is the "Aquarius"

23 hours ago, Well said:

screenshot5.jpg

Looking at this, I wondered: is it possible to make some small disk-shaped rotator-like part that would be mechanically a solar panel with 0 output, always rotating towards the sun together with any attached parts? That would be a great thing to build your own two-axis solar panel arrays out of whatever for stations like this Mir-2. @Beale, your word? Or anyone else?

Test of the last repo....   LK-1 test 

screenshot18.jpg

screenshot12.jpg

screenshot27.jpg

screenshot23.jpg

Thanks for all those new parts, i know that not the concept but that could be an interesting spacecraft for LEO

---------------------------------------

49 minutes ago, TK-313 said:

Looking at this, I wondered: is it possible to make some small disk-shaped rotator-like part that would be mechanically a solar panel with 0 output, always rotating towards the sun together with any attached parts? That would be a great thing to build your own two-axis solar panel arrays out of whatever for stations like this Mir-2. @Beale, your word? Or anyone else?

Maybe a DLC rotor, need to find the good speed, i'm not sure i don't really have played with them, (a lot of work for something not really useful tbh

2 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Unfortuantely I do not think anything like this is currently implemented by default.

1 hour ago, Well said:

Test of the last repo....   LK-1 test

screenshot23.jpg

Cool remix! I like it.

Tantares 20.0 for KSP 1.8.X

Thanks for the help, any problems, let me know.
Craft files will be along shortly.

Please Note: upload is very slow due to internet difficulties, but I cannot sit around to babysit it. It may not be available on both Spacedock and Github instantly - just watch out for version 20.
However: The actual Github repo is totally up-to-date and you can have the latest version with all fixes there via clone to zip.

This might be the last major update ever, or not, really depends if the mood takes me. but hope everyone still around enjoys it.

- LK-700
    - New recolours
    - FX fixes
    - Misc. rebalances

The LK-700 (see craft file included "LK-700 Lunar Lander") can land and take off from:

• Moho (Untested but likely)
  • Gilly
  • Mun
  • Minmus
  • Duna
  • Ike
  • Dres
  • Bop
  • Pol
  • Vall
  • Eeloo

x0egQCR.pngXiLeKzz.png
vcOp1Y8.png

NBuZvh7.jpg

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, MonanMuller said:

So just wondering that why warning of missing the restock-engine-boar as well as the restock-adapter hollow-25-375-1) still appears when I reinstall the entire Tantare mod and re-stock mod.Am I miss something?

you need restock "plus"

https://spacedock.info/mod/2106/RestockPlus

I understand why they've wanted to have a lunokhod on surface for a good landing site.

EJCOarKXUAEmNa5?format=jpg&name=small

after 3 jump, i'm still on a bad slope.

screenshot0.jpg

screenshot11.jpg

lol my "habitat" don't have any hatch! completely useless comrade.

------------------------------------

Edit: with EVA hatch now lol

screenshot0.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot7.jpg

Edited by Well

7 hours ago, Well said:

you need restock "plus"

https://spacedock.info/mod/2106/RestockPlus

I understand why they've wanted to have a lunokhod on surface for a good landing site.

screenshot7.jpg

I can't get enough, nice!

8 hours ago, MonanMuller said:

So just wondering that why warning of missing the restock-engine-boar as well as the restock-adapter hollow-25-375-1) still appears when I reinstall the entire Tantare mod and re-stock mod.Am I miss something?Sor8.png

Sorry - I should mark it requires Restock+ I will remake this craft with only Stock + Tantares parts.

23 hours ago, tjsnh said:

The spacedock download link seems busted.

Generally upload speed is around 1Mbps so I think they timed out - should be fixed for all now.

PatPk5r.jpg

7 hours ago, Jebihean Kerman said:

what could the N1 Look Like if it went on planettery mission ?                                                                                                                      Image result for N1

I don't think there are any mockups - but the TMK-MaVr could have launched on the N1 kind of like the Proton-Salyut with exposed aft section - looking at the diameters.

It would require several launches to leave Earth though.

ntYJkaX.png
aelita3.jpg

Edited by Beale

28 minutes ago, Callistoan said:

So what is the deal with KSP2? Will mods be transferred to the game or will all current mods remain on KSP? I don't want to leave Tantares behind :(

Mods will not be compatible - and I would plan to start from scratch rather than porting anything.

For a shopping list of what I would like to do in Tantares2 (Tantares2   ? :D ) :

• Separate engines from the crafts, make them agnostic and easily swapped out (bare / compact / shrouded variants ideally).
    • This applies to Soyuz too, the service module would ideally be a hollow cavity to insert an engine for example.
  • Move to a more Engine mount - engine - interstage like model - LK-700 is a good example of this.
    • This would really extend the possibilities of things such as Proton.
  • Cut down the amount of parts by putting more things into variants.
    • Simple adapters should really be one part with X size options.
  • Make more things modular (VA, LK-1, LK-700 should all really be part of the same part "set").
  • More fuel diversity (tentatively confirmed).

How much of this can be done from day 0 - no idea.

Edited by Beale

@Beale  I noticed that Habitation modules of the Soyouz like craft can't hold experiments.  Also, I noticed that the Soyouz like reentry capsules don't have any side hatch so if you come back from EVA or a celestial body surface with science, you can't get inside the Habitation module and then into the reentry capsule with the science carried by the kerbal.  Is the kerbal on EVA still able to drop science into the reentry module even if he is unable to enter it directly? (my idea was to drop science and then get back to the habitation module to get in and then transfer the kerbal into the reentry module via transfer button, I haven't tested it yet and yesterday, I rushed my mission to the Mun and got no science back from it).

Are all these intentional? (given that the mod has been around for years, I guess that if it was a mistake it would have been corrected a long time ago already).

I'm new to Tantares, so I'm still getting used to it.

BTW even in JNSQ, N1 is OP, I guess it is best suited to RSS, isn't it? I managed to bring a Soyouz+LK lander to the Mun with the third stage and use that third stage to deorbit the lander, the G stage was superfluous at best it helped me to keep reserve delta V for the ascent and rendezvous back in munar orbit.

To be honest, I rushed my build so much that the decoupler for the escape tower was mounted upside down, Russian style so I couldn't dock the lander to the Soyouz because the decoupler was still attached to the docking port, lol.