[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Revamp everything. More or less.

And N-1.

Hmmm, pardon me for this question, but why would you want to revamp all Tantares? I mean, AGAIN? It looks really great, no need to re-make it! Concentrate on some new stuff - Energia, N-1, TMK, Voskhod... Russians didn't revamped Soyuz every year :)

Hmmm, pardon me for this question, but why would you want to revamp all Tantares? I mean, AGAIN? It looks really great, no need to re-make it! Concentrate on some new stuff - Energia, N-1, TMK, Voskhod... Russians didn't revamped Soyuz every year :)

Eh, I'm not so happy with how things look. :wink:

The Soyuz, TKS, LK, they are old. They have huge, bloated textures and low poly meshes.

I know maybe it seems soon, but it's been really quite a long time, the Soyuz was revamped last July.

I would not say complete makeover, though obviously models and textures need to be made from scratch, it's more just taking what is already there and giving it another pass.

Alongside this, the Energia is being made as we speak!

Some perspective: Without revamping now and then, we would be stuck with this.

c3aec01002.jpg

Edited by Beale

Beale, outstanding work! That's a tremendous increase in skill visible in that picture ;)

(Could we... exchange some LK related files? *nudge nudge wink wink*)

If you mean LK textures, sure.

If you mean the new LK base thingy... Here it is (But, this thing will never see a real release, and the icon is broken).

-censored-.
That's hardly PC.

You'd be amazed how quickly you get something awesome done, turn around and go "whoa.. that thing I made last week sucks and does not use my current skills at all... REDO!"

I already hate the engines I did lats time I modded for KSP lol.

Edited by tetryds

I can hardly speak on behalf of biohazard, but as a none English speaker, it is common for the word to simply mean "unusual".

Hopefully that's what he means.

Yup, that's what I meant. In Russian language, that would be "чуôøú" (chudik) - an unusual and strange person.

Yeah, the LK is still being revamped, just not with the two-stage thinga-ma-bob.

Can you release it as an separate pack? Something like "Tantares Exprimental Parts"?

Edited by biohazard15

Can you release it as an separate pack? Something like "Tantares Exprimental Parts"?

Funny I just had the same though :D

Well, perhaps, but in the meantime, you can get it here (I'll stick it on the front page also).

Really need to fix the icon bug it has, but apart from that, it's reasonably working good.

T

You'd be amazed how quickly you get something awesome done, turn around and go "whoa.. that thing I made last week sucks and does not use my current skills at all... REDO!"

I already hate the engines I did lats time I modded for KSP lol.

Incredibly true!

Obviously the new one is far from finished, needs details like the little grills and splotches, but you hopefully get the idea :)

645bab4c96.jpg

6e0ec44b9c.jpg

Edited by Beale

A necklace for the Progress, hopefully to make it less thin. Also, a nice alternative to the "hey look at me" cartoonish stock battery.

Not overly sure about the colour, might go greyscale, but should be a generally quite useful part. A battery in a snug little thermal blanket.

9f9248cfd8.jpg

2235d09144.jpg

Without colour

c0015b2379.jpg

1ea364def4.jpg

d525e89201.jpg

ce1ddd55b1.jpg

More agressive specular, not sure what looks more like real thermal blanket.

60084b0ea1.jpg

Edited by Beale

The batteries seem to kind of stick out to me..I really like the style a lot more than the stock ones, but they don't seem to complement the progress that well. But they look so good on their own that I wouldn't completely scrap the idea.

I feel like they need to be rotated and offset with the gizmos to be parallel with the length of the vessel rather than angled on the cone-shaped drone core. They need to smooth out the overall shape, not just bulge out. Since it's a progress, you don't have to worry about clipping them into the OM really, because it doesn't need to decouple...

A necklace for the Progress, hopefully to make it less thin. Also, a nice alternative to the "hey look at me" cartoonish stock battery.

Not overly sure about the colour, might go greyscale, but should be a generally quite useful part. A battery in a snug little thermal blanket.

http://puu.sh/ezAux/9f9248cfd8.jpg

http://puu.sh/ezAxF/2235d09144.jpg

Without colour

http://puu.sh/ezB5d/c0015b2379.jpg

http://puu.sh/ezBgr/1ea364def4.jpg

http://puu.sh/ezBpr/d525e89201.jpg

http://puu.sh/ezBqz/ce1ddd55b1.jpg

More agressive specular, not sure what looks more like real thermal blanket.

http://puu.sh/ezBQV/60084b0ea1.jpg

I really think you should add not only batteries but monoprop or LF-OX "bags"

Extra resources would be awesome for using Progress to refuel spaceplanes!

Today, I made an N1-L3 type landing on the Mun (first time in .90). I had sepratrons nested into the LK base and used them on landing, they worked well to firmly plant the lander. My rocket however was more of an LK700 or stock Proton on steroids and not an N1. It was actually 2 stages, and the 2nd stage was used for ciecularizing , trans-munar injection, munar orbital insertion, and 1/2 of the braking burn for the LK lander... O_O

Couple of notes: Isn't Kontact docking supposed to be like the L3 Soyuz docking clamp/probe? If so why not make its base fit the OM? Also why not make the RCS part of the LK also a docking port?

I accidentally used the "normal" Soyuz service module rather then the "Farshot" but it worked fine and had plenty of fuel to spare (note that according to my reading the Soyuz engine was only used to return from the moon).

I agree btw that deadly rentry is not near so deadly as the name implies :)

Edited by tg626

Wow, I love the batteries! :)

Can't wait to see more stuff! :)

Very nice indeed

Many thanks! :)

Today, I made an N1-L3 type landing on the Mun (first time in .90). I had sepratrons nested into the LK base and used them on landing, they worked well to firmly plant the lander. My rocket however was more of an LK700 or stock Proton on steroids and not an N1. It was actually 2 stages, and the 2nd stage was used for ciecularizing , trans-munar injection, munar orbital insertion, and 1/2 of the braking burn for the LK lander... O_O

Couple of notes: Isn't Kontact docking supposed to be like the L3 Soyuz docking clamp/probe? If so why not make its base fit the OM? Also why not make the RCS part of the LK also a docking port?

I accidentally used the "normal" Soyuz service module rather then the "Farshot" but it worked fine and had plenty of fuel to spare (note that according to my reading the Soyuz engine was only used to return from the moon).

I agree btw that deadly rentry is not near so deadly as the name implies :)

I would like to see some shots of this mission :)

The "Kontact" - bad name actually, it's meant for the FOBOS-Grunt, really I'd say to use stock or Tantares docking ports for the lunar mission.

Maybe with a revamp I can get some lunar ports going.

I really think you should add not only batteries but monoprop or LF-OX "bags"

Extra resources would be awesome for using Progress to refuel spaceplanes!

LF-OX does not work so great radial, MonoProp however, great.

The batteries seem to kind of stick out to me..I really like the style a lot more than the stock ones, but they don't seem to complement the progress that well. But they look so good on their own that I wouldn't completely scrap the idea.
I feel like they need to be rotated and offset with the gizmos to be parallel with the length of the vessel rather than angled on the cone-shaped drone core. They need to smooth out the overall shape, not just bulge out. Since it's a progress, you don't have to worry about clipping them into the OM really, because it doesn't need to decouple...

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater eh? :) I thank you for the feedback.

I agree with the points, but I do feel that a certain amount of ugliness is good for this kind of craft.

But, hopefully the new editor will allow a lot of freedom, for how to arrange these bags.

f1be0c92e7.jpg

540c0497bb.jpg

3f69de361e.jpg

The specular is upped, and AO on the back.

62a557b761.jpg

9fbfb3686c.jpg

bec9ebb684.jpg

I just love this docking photo, Soyuz looks really bada55 in this lightning:

http://cs540105.vk.me/v540105589/1bf22/KlMtayqSPvk.jpg

Edit: oops, actually it's Progress-24M

Space photos always freak me out when there are clouds in the background and no black visible, very nice!

Edited by Beale

Wow! Looks great!
I really like the new progress orbital module. I'll probably end up using it on "regular" soyuz missions, I like plain-sphere look.

Thankyou both :)

1067a18999.jpg

6cc05b1b65.jpg

For the actual Soyuz OM, I have something like this in mind:

3bb98ac3e6.jpg

Plus, a couple of windows, but not too different.

For an extra: here is a viable Duna Excursion Vehicle (Fuel tank clipped in adapter).

56b3bb1f98.jpg

Edit: Although, I am not sure.

The door extruding, or painted on?

81998a50c3.jpg66991b04b9.jpg

Edited by Beale