[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Give us retextures of Salyut and Mir! Make them white and brown, like they looked in real life! An N1 retexture to black and white would be nice also.

Yeah... I'll get right on that... (No, but seriously, a Salyut alt texture would be neat. Low priority though. :P

I think you means "Curt's" take on them. Beale, has some Irl Stuff to take care of, So he's going to be gone for a while. Honestly, though I want to see ISS parts as well. But, we already have stock, and not to mention The Stockalike Station Parts Expanded Mod to hold us over... :)

Wait, what? How do you know my name??? ;)

Oh, and the Buran. Although all we need in an engine/Back section.

Because as far as I know, Beale had no plans for Buran parts, I'll be tackling that in my own add-on, though it won't be for a while. That's pretty much on hold for now while I tend to Tantares.

I got a Unity Node and PMA in my mod pack to hold you over til Beale or curt get to it.

http://i.imgur.com/SuLcOlF.png

http://i.imgur.com/eSUPRRK.png

Dev Thread Link

/ShamelessPlug

Yep. This is why I abandoned my own plans for making CBM's and a PMA. They're just really that good, and I didn't think I could do any better. Beale has thrown around the idea of converting the largely unused TKS docking ports into CBM's. I could actually use input on this. Does anyone use the TKS 1.25m – 0.625m ports?

Requesting a re-scale of the BLUE STREAK parts to 2.5m, and possibly a retexture to more original (possibly incorporating the 'corrugated' surface if possible)

I've barely gotten to use the British rocket parts. They'll be staying 1.875m. I added TweakScale configs for them in the newest version of my TweakScale config, which you can get right here, as well as in my craft files post.

Tantares TweakScale config Alpha v1.1

ATV Solar panels have been largely modeled and textured. Input would be appreciated.

l8tjjVx.pngr0HaBqC.png

Next step will be animating in Unity. For the purposes of sharing my own experiences, I'll be documenting my procedure for Unity import, setting up the objects and their animations, and exporting to the game. Might help some of you get started in part creation. From one newb to another. :P

Edited by curtquarquesso

For the sake of not breaking peoples saves/crafts again I'd suggest just making new ports instead of converting existing ones :)

ATV panels are looking good, seem a little long in the picture but I'll hold the pitchforks until they are in game :)

Speaking of ATV, is there any way to make it not default to putting crew in it other than removing the entire ability to be crewed? Gets a bit problematic when you launch an ATV to a station only to realise two Kerbals went along for the trip :P

For the sake of not breaking peoples saves/crafts again I'd suggest just making new ports instead of converting existing ones :)

ATV panels are looking good, seem a little long in the picture but I'll hold the pitchforks until they are in game :)

Speaking of ATV, is there any way to make it not default to putting crew in it other than removing the entire ability to be crewed? Gets a bit problematic when you launch an ATV to a station only to realise two Kerbals went along for the trip :P

If I ever did get around the the ports, they'd be the exact same dimensions, and wouldn't break saves. Hopefully.

Long ATV Solar Panels are long:

ATV-4_docking.jpg

We've got short Fuji 1x3 panels, medium stock panels, and the ATV panels will fill the role of long panels. I won't release until I know they're proportionally correct to ATV.

I can look into the default crew thing, but no promises.

Edited by curtquarquesso

Khrm, I'll just...

The MSS concept is an ATV evolution proposal for the construction of multiple ATVs with two docking ports, one at each end. The current version of the ATV is already prepared for a docking port at the back, with the main propulsion system arranged in a cylindrical fashion leaving room for a tunnel through the middle. This concept would allow Soyuz, Progress and other ATVs to dock to the back of the ATV, allowing a steady flow of Russian vehicles using the available docking ports whilst an ATV is docked for an average of around 6 months at a time.

...imagine the possibilities.

Woah, I've missed so much in my absence! Congratulations, Beale; as well as you, Curtquarquesso! Beale for the baby loaf and such, and the current substitute bread-lord for having the privilege of watching over the lot of babbling children, including myself, that we call a community!

Have you taken up responsibility for modeling and texturing while Beale is gone? I see that as a good thing, judging from Q Orbital Systems so far, you've a natural hunch for modeling.

Keep up the good work, you and Beale!

Hey, Beale, did you do all this with wings 3d? Thanks!

Yup. He models in Wings3D, textures in Photoshop, and animates in unity. Since he pretty much taught me all I know at the moment, that's my current workflow, albeit slower, as well.

Woah, I've missed so much in my absence! Congratulations, Beale; as well as you, Curtquarquesso! Beale for the baby loaf and such, and the current substitute bread-lord for having the privilege of watching over the lot of babbling children, including myself, that we call a community!

Have you taken up responsibility for modeling and texturing while Beale is gone? I see that as a good thing, judging from Q Orbital Systems so far, you've a natural hunch for modeling.

Keep up the good work, you and Beale!

Modeling, I'm pretty decent at so far. Texturing, less so. I'm using a lot of the textures Beale has already made. Just a lot of clever UV mapping really. :)

There's been something bothering me about the Proton rocket... I'm sure it won't be very easy to do anything about, but down at the bottom of the first stage, there are little fairings that taper outwards around the engine. Every time I look at it, I notice that on the real Proton, the fairings taper inwards, not outwards. As you can see:

Z47.jpg

There's been something bothering me about the Proton rocket... I'm sure it won't be very easy to do anything about, but down at the bottom of the first stage, there are little fairings that taper outwards around the engine. Every time I look at it, I notice that on the real Proton, the fairings taper inwards, not outwards. As you can see:

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Z47.jpg

I agree, but any revamp of Proton won't happen under my watch.

It's just a big cylinder, but for some reason the ATV is my favorite spacecraft.

Agreed. Sad to see them get retired. Wonder what ESA has planned next for cargo flights...

When combining Tantares with Procedural Parts, it hurts my eyes to have different textures on the ship. Can we please get 1 or 2 Tantares themed textures for Procedural Parts?

@planeguy868 has a whole bunch in his pack. They look great!

Dropbox Link This link can also be found on the front page under "Mod Compatibility".

Yikes, I take a break from KSP a bit and so much has gone past already! Well since I got bored and decided to get KSP 1.0.4 up and running, I thought why not commemorate Beale's and Mrs. Beale's rather mundane accomplishment with me finally visiting in style the only moon in KSP I haven't visited until now: Vall!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm mildly amazed how quickly I threw this one together, it took me way longer to re-mod my KSP than building this ship! :D

Amazing spacecraft T'Flok ! :D
That's what I said!

Thanks! :) Despite all the clutter outside, this sci-fi craft works better than most of my previous ships! Due to it having only one powerful engine instead two engines on the sides I don't encounter that annoying KSP bug where the other symmetrically-placed engine starts shifting from it's place and causes the ship to spin, a thing not noticeable at low speeds but at high speeds it shows up in an instant to a point of engines getting explosively flung off (it seems to be my version of rapid unplanned disassembly with crafts). :P

Anyway, couldn't agree more that Tantares' part configs need tidying up, best of luck to you Curt The Q!