[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Does anyone else have any issues with the iva's? only the soyuz-like and LK-like are working for me; for other modules, I can enter iva, but none of the textures load, and the only recourse seems to be entering map mode and exiting, which places me in the outside view again.

ksp v1.0.2, running a great deal of mods.

Does anyone else have any issues with the iva's? only the soyuz-like and LK-like are working for me; for other modules, I can enter iva, but none of the textures load, and the only recourse seems to be entering map mode and exiting, which places me in the outside view again.

ksp v1.0.2, running a great deal of mods.

most of the IVAs aren't finished yet, so there's nothing wrong on your end.

Signature up, thx, minepagan :) .

Those blueprints are outstanding. Mind if I ask how you generated them?

As an aside question, a quick query re: Tantares vis-a-vis a couple of other mods: Are there any problems with using Tantares and Home Grown Rockets together, or should those be more "One or the other"? Also, any issues with Tantares + RemoteTech?

As an aside question, a quick query re: Tantares vis-a-vis a couple of other mods: Are there any problems with using Tantares and Home Grown Rockets together, or should those be more "One or the other"? Also, any issues with Tantares + RemoteTech?

Tantares and HGR together will cause a lot of duplicate parts, only difference is the HGR 3-man soyuz. And the fact that HGR is mostly 1.875m.

Tantares *is* designed for RemoteTech, but I can't remember if it is up to date. I think I recall someone posting a patch a few pages back....

Tantares and HGR together will cause a lot of duplicate parts, only difference is the HGR 3-man soyuz. And the fact that HGR is mostly 1.875m.
That what I suspected / was afraid of. I take that to mean that Tantares doesn't cover that intermediate size.
Tantares *is* designed for RemoteTech, but I can't remember if it is up to date. I think I recall someone posting a patch a few pages back....

Ah, I see. Good to know.

Thanks for the info. :P I get the impression that Tantares is in a sort of "revision" period, although I do really like the look of some of the stuff. Worth keeping an eye on, certainly.

(Edit: I guess a follow-up question, for folks familiar with both, is this: In their current states, which do you prefer to use? Tantares or HGR?)

Edited by Landwalker

Thanks for the info. :P I get the impression that Tantares is in a sort of "revision" period, although I do really like the look of some of the stuff. Worth keeping an eye on, certainly.

(Edit: I guess a follow-up question, for folks familiar with both, is this: In their current states, which do you prefer to use? Tantares or HGR?)

Tantares is certainly more playable to be in its current state. I thought HGR hasn't been updated for 1.0.4?

That what I suspected / was afraid of. I take that to mean that Tantares doesn't cover that intermediate size.

Ah, I see. Good to know.

(Edit: I guess a follow-up question, for folks familiar with both, is this: In their current states, which do you prefer to use? Tantares or HGR?9)

I perfer Tantares, as it is more modular. Also, it has more parts, less RAM useage.....and with Tweakscale, it CAN cover 1.875. A few parts DO cover it (Black Adder).

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know what part is used for the Venera lander's spherical fairing?

Next time, please check previous posts.....

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind that last bit.....I thought it was a bit more recent.

Procedural Fairings Tricks!

Also, any issues with Tantares + RemoteTech?

The RT patch can be found Here. Delete the old one, place this one where the old one was and rename it to "_Extra_TAC" (without quotes.)

Tantares for me..the parts are more interesting to use and mix with others and I always thought some of the HGR stuff just looked wrong

Actually, it does with the new parts, though the engines are... Kinda specific, the copies of British ones.

Well, Tantares is in the constant state of improvement (one of the reasons to love it) and provides a bigger variety of crafts, not only limited to Gemini and Soyuz. So for me it's definitely Tantares, though HGR has a lot of good stuff too, like already-mentioned 1.875m engines.

I use both!! Though I did strip out HGR's pods, the 1.875m tanks and engines plus the decouplers make for excellent modularity! So far I'm progressing through a new career save where Tantares is actually making up a large part of my launcher family. So far the Tavio-series makes up my primary launcher, though as I'm now expanding into the 2.5m era & need a booster to put a station into orbit I'm torn between the N1 or the Proton......

I use both!! Though I did strip out HGR's pods, the 1.875m tanks and engines plus the decouplers make for excellent modularity! So far I'm progressing through a new career save where Tantares is actually making up a large part of my launcher family. So far the Tavio-series makes up my primary launcher, though as I'm now expanding into the 2.5m era & need a booster to put a station into orbit I'm torn between the N1 or the Proton......

eeerrrrmmmmmm......N1 is not 2.5 :wink:

So far the Tavio-series makes up my primary launcher, though as I'm now expanding into the 2.5m era & need a booster to put a station into orbit. I'm torn between the N1 or the Proton......

The logical choice would be the Proton. Using an N-1 booster for lifting station modules is rather like using an atom bomb to kill an ant (depending on the size of station module you intend to lift, of course). But hey, this is KSP. If that's how you want to do things, more power to you! :cool:

The logical choice would be the Proton. Using an N-1 booster for lifting station modules is rather like using an atom bomb to kill an ant (depending on the size of station module you intend to lift, of course). But hey, this is KSP. If that's how you want to do things, more power to you! :cool:

He could always drop the first stage. And if he is using KCT, or has to purchase parts from R&D, that would be a better choice. For reasons.

The station I'm lifting is due to be put in solar orbit after a short stay in kerbin orbit to attach the experiment/return module to fulfill 2 separate contracts, possibly to even be a actual manned science outpost. So it needs enough DV to be put into solar orbit, the station currently weighs in at 9.52tons according to Mechjeb.....

So Is the proton the better choice, Or should I use the N1??

The station I'm lifting is due to be put in solar orbit after a short stay in kerbin orbit to attach the experiment/return module to fulfill 2 separate contracts, possibly to even be a actual manned science outpost. So it needs enough DV to be put into solar orbit, the station currently weighs in at 9.52tons according to Mechjeb.....

So Is the proton the better choice, Or should I use the N1??

N1 It is! :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Payload example:

An N1 can send an apollo-like mission to le mun, and back. Proton can send a a soyuz pod (minus the OM) into lunar orbit, and return.