[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

55 minutes ago, Lexx Thai said:

But in Russian it's means "slot". Not so good for country of original station. Latin "Pax" better and neutral.

Pax reminds of the PAX conventions (I like this name though) , also, I speak russian and I never knew that this word exists , every day you learn something new:P

Nah, Paz is really not the best idea.
It should be some space theme name, continuing the Salyut\Vega line.

Like... some other star or constellation (gonna be the best choise for the multi-module station :wink:) name.
Like Orion.

Edited by Legcutter

37 minutes ago, Legcutter said:

Nah, Paz is really not the best idea.
It should be some space theme name, continuing the Salyut\Vega line.

Like... some other star or constellation (gonna be the best choise for the multi-module station :wink:) name.
Like Orion.

Idk , I mean ,Orion isn't a really good name for a soviet space station (The americans already have two Orions..) maybe it should be called "Bear" (The great bear) also it would be appropriate for a Russian themed parts

4 minutes ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Is that like a Russian font? :P

No, google translate apparently uses monospace font. When I pasted it in it made it so the rest of the post was in that font. I couldn't be bothered to change it. (Plus the default forum font might not even have the cyrillic characters)

22 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

No, google translate apparently uses monospace font. When I pasted it in it made it so the rest of the post was in that font. I couldn't be bothered to change it. (Plus the default forum font might not even have the cyrillic characters)

да. Он имеет русских букв  

Well, "grad" sounds like an abbreviation of something. "Mahaty" sounds good. There's also names of scientists and astronomers, like Korolev, Chertok, Kerimov, Gamow.

Edited by akron

45 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Salyut is Russian for 'Salute', no? How about град ('grad') which is Russian for 'hail'. Or perhaps махать (mahaty) which is 'wave' as in waving hello.

Mahaty... 

My poor eyes are bleeding when i see an infinitive form of a verb ("to wave") is used as a name. Please no :/

P.S.  Cyrillic characters included, товарищ)

Edited by Legcutter

40 minutes ago, NeoFatalis said:

It reminds me of the Grad rockets , uhh those great 2006 childhood memories:D

Yes, that's right. Russian rocket artillery calls by weather events - "Град" (hail), "Ураган" (hurricane), "Смерч" и "Торнадо" (tornado).

"Salut" space station origin is not from "hello" but more from "firework" (better name for overhauled Vega?). As for name of "Мир" replica as the word from other language with same length, I (as Russian) think it's brilliant idea.

Thanks everyone for name suggestions... Really nice ideas, a lot to choose from. :) 

On 07/02/2017 at 8:15 PM, Daniel Prates said:

Well in any case what I did was to downoad the folder and install it manually, which I do not recommend. Doing the CKAN installation reveals many more parts. 

Now that I can fully appreciate how tantares looks today, many kudos to the developer! It looks increasingly better each time. 

Thanks!

7 hours ago, akron said:

What's next on the launcher side? Any chance of Proton coming soon?

It needs something to loft the Salyut :wink: 

Return to the drawing board, correct proportions.
This is the MIR / DOS-7 Core.

tzc8kOr.png
6alIc52.png

Edited by Beale

The new Tantares has no alternate black/green textures. Is it possible to use the old black one, or it won't work?

Edit: I tried to to keep the APAS A, B, C docking ports from the old Tantares, but their texture is misplaced or wrong. I guess the Soyuz and the APAS ports use the same texture file. How can I correct the texture problem?

Spoiler

GHB8Dq6.jpg

Edited by bokrif
another thing

21 hours ago, bokrif said:

The new Tantares has no alternate black/green textures. Is it possible to use the old black one, or it won't work?

Edit: I tried to to keep the APAS A, B, C docking ports from the old Tantares, but their texture is misplaced or wrong. I guess the Soyuz and the APAS ports use the same texture file. How can I correct the texture problem?

Hide contents

GHB8Dq6.jpg

Unfortunately UV mapping has changed, so APAS ports are no longer there, I wil re-introduce with Salyut :)

9 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Minor bug report - the LK transmitter (the circular dish with the star in it) no longer has an "extend" function.
Not sure if this is intentional or not.

Whoops!

4 hours ago, pap1723 said:

Is there a config file to change the names to their real-life counterparts?

Easy to do yourself! :) 

LP0ac7W.png
8miVBqm.png
qVBc1nt.png
27pm4lX.png

Edited by Beale