[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Aaaand, reuploaded (hope this time it will work :)):

To reveal the mods:

RSS, MovieTime for film/TV effects, CameraTools for surface and initial velocity shots and Astronomer's pack for clouds, sandstorms (dududu) an other cool stuff. :)

And, of course, the power of Adobe editing tools with saturations and other plugins. :)

Bravissimo!! Loved it! Great use of the new cargo bays. Once I actually get time to play for fun, I'm gonna pack the suckers up with probes and let 'em loose on an atmospheric body. What did you use to screen capture, and what specs do you need to do it with reasonable frame rate?

Bravissimo!! Loved it! Great use of the new cargo bays. Once I actually get time to play for fun, I'm gonna pack the suckers up with probes and let 'em loose on an atmospheric body. What did you use to screen capture, and what specs do you need to do it with reasonable frame rate?

My PC: i5-3570K, 8Gb RAM, GTX550 Ti, pretty low standard, had to close most of programs to get a decent FPS :)

Captured by Bandicam's default "for youtube" settings, 30 FPS (you can still see lags sometime, it's due to encoding, I suppose).

Yeah... that's a real bummer... great video!

Thanks! :)

Aaaand, reuploaded (hope this time it will work :)):

To reveal the mods:

RSS, MovieTime for film/TV effects, CameraTools for surface and initial velocity shots and Astronomer's pack for clouds, sandstorms (dududu) an other cool stuff. :)

And, of course, the power of Adobe editing tools with saturations and other plugins. :)

78bb87c017.jpg

ad3efebb71.jpg

The music, the editing, the repeated flyovers of Italy and those Mars landers.

This is so beautiful, I love it, almost to tear wells up a little.

Fantastic work! May it rest on the front page proudly!

I like it :)

It's like Dyna-soar's strange cousin (And I don't mean that in a bad way).

Thanks! I kind of want to make an unmanned version using the TKS cargo bay.

- - - Updated - - -

You were so close! Looks like you need landing skids like the proposed Gemini paraglider. How difficult was it to fly with the CoL so far forward? Every time I try a Dreamchaser mission, my rocket folds on itself and flips.

Indeed! I think just about any kind of landing gear might help. Maybe also take the MOAR PARACHUTES route.

It flew pretty well; there was definitely a lot of wobbling, but thankfully the Proton's engines had enough gimble to counteract this. I going to try and correct these issues in version 2.0!

Okay, I have to ask, do you have a folder of relevant holy loaf images tucked away in a folder on your desktop for easy access?

You don't?

It's 2015.

Can you make a "Big Gemini" 1.875-2.5m adapter?

The SM (fuel emptied out) already fills this role. But I guess you mean a crewed part? There is only quite limited space on the Gemini sheet, but perhaps it is possible.

http://puu.sh/fQ5HR/78bb87c017.jpg

http://puu.sh/fQ6An/ad3efebb71.jpg

The music, the editing, the repeated flyovers of Italy and those Mars landers.

This is so beautiful, I love it, almost to tear wells up a little.

Fantastic work! May it rest on the front page proudly!

Thanks! Those shots were made as special "easter-egg" for you. :D

Now that I've got all these wonderful .craft files built, I want to put together a mod list for a new career play through. I'm thinking about trying it in 6.4x scale. What do I need to do to make sure that Tantares works well with 6.4x and FAR besides increasing the ISP difficulty for FAR?

You don't?

It's 2015.

Never change Beale.

Now that I've got all these wonderful .craft files built, I want to put together a mod list for a new career play through. I'm thinking about trying it in 6.4x scale. What do I need to do to make sure that Tantares works well with 6.4x and FAR besides increasing the ISP difficulty for FAR?

Never change Beale.

I'm a little bit of a fan of 3.2 scale solar system, so maybe I can comment on this (half of it at least).

As much as it is not good to admit, some of the Tantares crafts are quite powerful relative to their real-life counterparts, so you should be good to go (with FAR).

The progress is slow.

But, at least work can resume again!

The models are an adaptation of those kindly provided by Lack.

e101474bff.jpg

Also, someone mentioned a Big-G a while back.

Still not sure about this, but it uses no new textures, so is RAM free.

138f30843d.jpg

6cfdfb1d39.jpg

4839ed9608.jpg

82a13c6aad.jpg

Edited by Beale

Progress

Looks great. Does the "Big G" adapter function as a crew tank? Unfortunately, I can't think of two many applications for it... How many seats?

The reason for not being sure is its usefulness (Apart from the fairly basic texture also). But, it seats four Kerbals.

Edit:

IVA problems fixed!

Visibility is pretty nice!

865093493d.jpg

Edited by Beale

Gemini IVA final revision.

Like somebody requested, I have stuck a antenna on the nose, so you may better judge visibility.

b5336782d7.jpg

c3132db88d.jpg

I've circled it here, as not so easy to see against VAB.

9408d891b3.jpg

Double click window - very very good view! :)

92207a1e2c.jpg

Well, the real Big G was supposed to hold 7

Even more, up to 12 possible!

I just completed a "proper" Agena mission, hopefully people will like to see docking in action with the windows.

c499aab5d6.jpg

Closer.

b781b4cdce.jpg

Closer...

869a9191c9.jpg

Too close!

e16fa839e1.jpg

Docked!

fbb9635cf8.jpg

We can see it!

6b440b7a12.jpg

Of course, let's just refeul then go home.

f8f3ee9b40.jpg

Take a solar panel for good luck.

78f41caac0.jpg

Goodbye Agena, we'll miss you.

c90087708e.jpg

Edited by Beale

Omg that IVA looks so cool!

I just did a career mun landing with the Tantares parts... and boy it was fun!!!

I landed perfectly with the LK on the first try and when i later rendezvoued with the Munar Soyuz, i had fuel to spare....

No picture because i was so excited in doing it right, i have broadcasted it on Steam... but too bad that it won't save it online...

I joined just to say how much I love this mod. I do admit I use the HGR version of Soyuz, but every thing here is dynomite. I am also loving the big G module. What about making the bottom concave with an extra node to fit a docking port? Or just making the big G a 1.25 docking port? It would avoid the "control from here" issue with making the back of the Gemini a docking port.