[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Here is the Bop-Pol grunt in all of its glory!

http://i.imgur.com/gqTVa4v.png

The lower section is the orbiter that will orbit both Bop and Pol (it should have enough dv), while the lander will land on Bop or Pol, i haven't decided yet (which one do you guys think is more intersting? Bop or Pol?)

Unfortuately i will have to wait a bit to launch it beacuse the Jool window is still far...

what mod is that orbiter tank/engine from? I know it's a fregat, but where?

Beale, you're goddamn GENIUS.

Man, FOBO is FREAKING PERFECT for an aeroshell designs!

http://i.imgur.com/mOKyFsX.jpg

Uses ProcFairings and Oblivion Aerospace 2.5m conical heatshield.

Nice design!

I might have to steal this and do my own mission... :wink:

Here is the Bop-Pol grunt in all of its glory!

http://i.imgur.com/gqTVa4v.png

The lower section is the orbiter that will orbit both Bop and Pol (it should have enough dv), while the lander will land on Bop or Pol, i haven't decided yet (which one do you guys think is more intersting? Bop or Pol?)

Unfortuately i will have to wait a bit to launch it beacuse the Jool window is still far...

Nice render of it :)

I'd say Pol!

Or maybe Hadar?

I've changed it to Carina :)

I'd vote down this but only because I once had a crush on a girl named Karina. :D

Just joking, everything is awesome! :)

I've started "Iskhod" (it means "Exodus" in English, if i remember correctly) project, with it's goal to make one way to Laythe Trip. Secret launches of Proton and N-1 at night delivered parts for an unprecedented habitat module housing... 51 Kerbals! Here is the construction process. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make a compact propulsion system. BTW, who will guess what is hidden under the fairings on the top of the spaceship? :wink:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Niemand303

*insert sarcastic voice*Nooooo! Baht I lieked it as FOBO. Plus none of the other cores are called anything special. Will the core still stay as FOBO? Because we could think of a great acronym. And by we, I mean everybody here on this thread.

A manned Fobos Grunt! How have I not thought of this?

Nice work :)

I'd vote down this but only because I once had a crush on a girl named Karina. :D

Just joking, everything is awesome! :)

I've started "Iskhod" (it means "Exodus" in English, if i remember correctly) project, with it's goal to make one way to Laythe Trip. Secret launches of Proton and N-1 at night delivered parts for an unprecedented habitat module housing... 51 Kerbals! Here is the construction process. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make a compact propulsion system. BTW, who will guess what is hidden under the fairings on the top of the spaceship? :wink:

http://imgur.com/a/XNBrA

Sweet!

Actually that triple-habitation bit made from the IXS (I think) parts is really good.

I am scratching my head a little over the secret payload, a little too small for anything manned, a probe of some kind..? Hmm.

*insert sarcastic voice*Nooooo! Baht I lieked it as FOBO. Plus none of the other cores are called anything special. Will the core still stay as FOBO? Because we could think of a great acronym. And by we, I mean everybody here on this thread.

The core is already called the "Probodobodyne FOBO", but that's the only bit.

There's already a naming convention of stars and constellations that I'm sticking to.

Actually that triple-habitation bit made from the IXS (I think) parts is really good.

I am scratching my head a little over the secret payload, a little too small for anything manned, a probe of some kind..? Hmm.

It's just three SXT's large aircraft fuselages on a 2.5-3.75 stock adapter. :D

And about that payload, you are right, it's a FOBO "beacon", which will mark the landing site. :)

Beale, could you make an Instrument Unit for the Proton that could apply torque and provide electricity, perhaps also unmanned control for the 3rd stage (and the payload)? It'd be useful especially for those that like to launch their rockets using MechJeb. Here's my concept of how it'd be crafted:

bCYLkoK.png

You could split the 3rd stage into two pieces along that red line, the stage itself below it (and probably take out some fuel for that) and the IU above that line, so that it'd be a two-for-one deal.

Beale, could you make an Instrument Unit for the Proton that could apply torque and provide electricity, perhaps also unmanned control for the 3rd stage (and the payload)? It'd be useful especially for those that like to launch their rockets using MechJeb. Here's my concept of how it'd be crafted:

You could split the 3rd stage into two pieces along that red line, the stage itself below it (and probably take out some fuel for that) and the IU above that line, so that it'd be a two-for-one deal.

Hmm, I support that proposal. After all, Proton does have IU on its 3rd stage.

Although, such thing would be somewhat useless for MJ users without a patch that adds MJ to every probe core - you'll still need to strap AR202 case to it.

Hmm, I support that proposal. After all, Proton does have IU on its 3rd stage.

Although, such thing would be somewhat useless for MJ users without a patch that adds MJ to every probe core - you'll still need to strap AR202 case to it.

I do use that patch. And yeah, most would still have to put on the case. Then again, before I installed the patch, I almost always put the case on the payload and not the rocket itself, unless I wanted to save the rocket for later. Without the case, the IU would still be useful in that it'd provide the torque necessary to fine-tune the combined stage/payload's orientation in burns such as circularization, interplanetary transfers, deorbitings, etc, and also in providing electricity should the payload need to wait a few orbits before burning, if mission requirements call for power generators to be deployed after such burns are complete. :l

Edited by AppleDavidJeans
100th post!

Finally had some time to play with your parts :)

I like my new Mun station, even generates 1 eureka / hour!

Thanks for the great work and keep it up!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/536250849420095781/E219CBCB1E7B23C8B6DF5E83564650565FD92C82/

Looks sweet! Are those HGR panels?

Does anyone know how to best stream KSP on Twitch? I'm getting too much lag, reducing quality isn't helping much. :c

orly? Any chance of a collaboration with Beale on this one, especially on launchers and space stations?

Oh I inquired about that and [gender unknown]m was not interested. which was disappointing. Lord knows I can pump out nice models from engines to complex solar panels and their deployment animations. I just cannot texture.

Edited by CardBoardBoxProcessor

Looks sweet! Are those HGR panels?

Thanks!

Probably. They're the only ones I've got this far in the tech tree (have not even landed at the Mun in this save). I've also been using HGR together with this mod to give me a Vostok-like starting capsule and for the Soyuz style fuel tanks, fits very well.