[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 9/7/2017 at 5:18 PM, Calvin_Maclure said:

Also, UDMH is Unsymmetrical-DMH, but...

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

I can't decide if I think it's terrifying or inspiring that no one needs that image to have a caption to know the exact verbiage that would follow if you were to say it explicitly.

3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

I've never been one for those lunar landing conspiracy theories, but this one is obviously a fake! Where is the camera, in the kerbal's helmet reflection!?!?!?!

Also .... where are the stars?!?!?! :P

Dang, 

I admit, it was photographed on a sound-stage on Duna. :D

On 27/09/2017 at 6:49 PM, Beale said:

LoAQYmJ.jpg

When I think of it, this configuration of outpost is probably what an actual, real-life first moon outpost would have looked like, even in the 60s or 70s: a bunch of last-stage landers connected by resource lines. If you consider the total amount of paraphernalia that the Apollo project left on the surface of the moon, here is probably enough volume of 'parts' there to justify my belief that Apollo could have aimed at leaving behind a functional working outpost there. Yeah I know, probably the quality of materials available then were not good enough, and for sure the whole concept and goals needed to be different... certainly there would have been many impediments. But as far as delta-V and payload goes, it could have been done then! ... perhaps. 

And so could  the soviets have done it. 

Edited by Daniel Prates

11 hours ago, Legcutter said:

Sounds like R-7 rocket series motto...

Who-ops. :sealed: 

Can I like this twice?

10 hours ago, hraban said:

Hi,

with missing vernier it looks more then RD-0124. The Nozzle looks very strange conical.

RD-0110 RD-0110.jpg      RD-0124 RD-0124.jpg

5 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

agreed, needs verniers and the nozzle walls look very straight instead of bell shaped.

Very tricky one again, thanks for the feedback.
Originally, and now, the idea is to keep the overall height of the rocket, but to keep parts to standard sizes, so the end result is the wider Block-I is reduced in size radially, but not in height.
For example, at the true radius (1.6m ~ 1.7m) It looks more in proportion:

QIQo0XR.png

Nozzles? Yep they needa lot of work! :D 

And finally, the verniers, this is a good point, interesting we could have both engines at some point, but I will focus on the 0110 for now.

As the same last time I made this part,  the offer and assets are freely available for anybody to make a "true-scale" version, I have already done 75% of the work for you :wink: 

3 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

When I think of it, this configuration of outpost is probably what an actual, real-life first moon outpost would have looked like, even in the 60s or 70s: a bunch of last-stage landers connected by resource lines. If you consider the total amount of paraphernalia that the Apollo project left on the surface of the moon, here is probably enough volume of 'parts' there to justify my belief that Apollo could have aimed at leaving behind a functional working outpost there. Yeah I know, probably the quality of materials available then were not good enough, and for sure the whole concept and goals needed to be different... certainly there would have been many impediments. But as far as delta-V and payload goes, it could have been done then! ... perhaps. 

And so could  the soviets have done it. 

Really nice thoughts, maybe you have heard of the Apollo Applications moon base?  Kind of plays out how you say.

apolor.gif

It was really fun to learn through this own base of mine the problems of the IRL LK lander, it is just so small! No useful payload can be brought down for the surface, but it functions as a taxi just fine. :) 
Now, if only we could do some landscaping:

i8tQGi0.png

Edited by Beale

Just now, Beale said:

Very tricky one again, thanks for the feedback.

Originally, and now, the idea is to keep the overall height of the rocket, but to keep parts to standard sizes, so the end result is the wider Block-I is reduced in size radially, but not in height.
For example, at the true radius (1.6m ~ 1.7m) It looks more in proportion:

Wasn't I just saying to you the other day that KSP rockets always come out looking tall and spindly? :P Are you accounting for the height of decouplers, fairing bases, etc in that measurement?

Just now, CobaltWolf said:

Wasn't I just saying to you the other day that KSP rockets always come out looking tall and spindly? :P Are you accounting for the height of decouplers, fairing bases, etc in that measurement?

The endless modder problems :P 

tumblr_inline_o75jgiUx5X1s3hf3i_500.gif

Surprisingly even with the decouplers the height is still pretty tight - I can thank my past self a little for that, if not for the art.

Just now, Daniel Prates said:

I was aware of the Apollo applications project, but I though it was limited to Skylab and other orbital uses! I had no idea this was cogitated!

AAP had a ton of studies done, the only thing that wound up happening was Skylab. I believe ASTP is considered a separate project.

30 minutes ago, Beale said:

Vernier things.

AKCTk2A.jpg

He's a beauty.
But, the older version was a bit closer to the IRL third stage's LOX tank bottom shape - sperical.

Anyway, it's delighting to see mr. Beale is back to Tantares. Many thanks again for all your good work. It's time for me to build some stations :)

1 hour ago, Legcutter said:

He's a beauty.
But, the older version was a bit closer to the IRL third stage's LOX tank bottom shape - sperical.

Anyway, it's delighting to see mr. Beale is back to Tantares. Many thanks again for all your good work. It's time for me to build some stations :)

Can I win you over some more? :wink: 

UIpaTTK.png
YNqACSX.png

It has been a while!

GitHub

You can grab the new parts now for a little play, same balance and won't interrupt saves. I love to hear your feedback!

HQVCqiX.png

If you prefer the other colours of the previous rocket (cough @Third_OfFive cough), the assets are available here. I will put together a recolouring guide when all the parts are complete. It is extremely easy if you have Gimp of Photoshop.

NFLsHsb.png

Edited by Beale