[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

On 4/30/2018 at 7:16 AM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Are the Energia boosters going to come with their landing gear? There's no stock alternative to something like that, at least.

Yes, in some form or other, I just need to decide.

On 4/30/2018 at 10:29 AM, Andrey.gr said:

C-S3M Engine Particle Effect a little bit too big in 1.4.3?

screenshot21.png

Yeah, unfortunately the new FX system is a little confusing right now, It should be corrected eventually...

On 5/1/2018 at 3:17 AM, Mudwig said:

Thanks, that fixed it. 

The Blok D has some issues with RCS effects pointing the wrong way also, but you may already be aware. It works fine, it just looks weird.

Do you have any plans to update the Blok D to be more in line with the refreshed Proton and the new Zenit?

Again, thank you for your time.

Yep, Blok-D will be revamped, it is actually two years old now!

RCS issues, I heard this was fixed for 1.4.3? Can anyone confirm?

On 5/1/2018 at 11:09 AM, HooHungLow said:

Soyuz 7K-T

OeNdPq1.png

T1C9YBq.png

Cool crafts! Yes we really need the londer docking ports...

8 hours ago, Drakenex said:

What if the mission had succeeded?

The best I have seen! Great video! I really enjoyed it :) 

gcW9SX7.png
X5O6oAC.png
nhLfcWi.png

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Quick question, I've seen a few images and sources claim the TKS' fuel tanks had solar cells mounted on them, is this true? If so, do you intend to include this in the mod?

I'm not sure is the best answer I can give :(
They are often shown without, but then you might come across a photo like this (Are those solar panels or something else?).

7MaYz1w.jpg

Whether I will include them in Tantares - if there was more evidence they were like that - sure.

One thing is, none of the follow on FGB modules (That we have much better sources for) had them, but maybe they were scrapped?

1 hour ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Quick question, I've seen a few images and sources claim the TKS' fuel tanks had solar cells mounted on them, is this true? If so, do you intend to include this in the mod?

Those were radiators or generic metal plating

1 hour ago, Beale said:

I'm not sure is the best answer I can give :(
They are often shown without, but then you might come across a photo like this (Are those solar panels or something else?).

Whether I will include them in Tantares - if there was more evidence they were like that - sure.

One thing is, none of the follow on FGB modules (That we have much better sources for) had them, but maybe they were scrapped?

Hmm, I'd assume it's just conflicting sources then. I've skimmed over the astronautix page, and there seems to be no mention of solar cells mounted on the fuel tanks.

5 hours ago, Beale said:

RCS issues, I heard this was fixed for 1.4.3? Can anyone confirm?

WuKP2co.jpg
This image shows the built in Blok D RCS and one of each style of radial RCS included in the mod. As you can see, the craft is translating towards the top of the image, but the Blok D RCS plume is pointing the wrong way, in addition to being very, very large. This is the only one of your parts that I've noticed this with.
I'm excited to see what the new Blok D will look like whenever it rolls out.
If I could make a small request: 1.875m and 2.5m versions of your 'castor_control' parts for the 2.5m LVs and TKS/Mir parts would be very useful, though not a necessity.

1 hour ago, Mudwig said:
WuKP2co.jpg
This image shows the built in Blok D RCS and one of each style of radial RCS included in the mod. As you can see, the craft is translating towards the top of the image, but the Blok D RCS plume is pointing the wrong way, in addition to being very, very large. This is the only one of your parts that I've noticed this with.
I'm excited to see what the new Blok D will look like whenever it rolls out.
If I could make a small request: 1.875m and 2.5m versions of your 'castor_control' parts for the 2.5m LVs and TKS/Mir parts would be very useful, though not a necessity.

Worse than I thought! :confused:

I will take a look at this, thanks.

For the control, it's funny that you mention that, I had made one in 1.875m a while back, but not finished.
These parts need a little update in graphics anyway!

MD3b82v.png

Zenit decoupler.

mXIwlcg.png
deWmeSf.png
aXmltgS.png

Hello

There seems to be something wrong with the Acamar_SolarLab_1 solar panels.  It seems that the point that is used to detect whether the solar panel has power or not is very close to the mounting point of the part.  So close that if just a tiny portion of the very bottom of the array is covered, the whole thing is useless.  I tried to change the cfg to fix this but it looks like that setting is not in the cfg.

It seems like I only come here now and then to talk about what I find wrong with this mod.  That is only because it is so awesome that I use it just about all the time for everything. :)

Here is a picture of it.

Edited by Leszek
Added picture.

On 5/6/2018 at 9:09 AM, HooHungLow said:

hFzkK6v.png

A bit of fresh life to the old N1, looks good!

On 5/6/2018 at 11:38 AM, Leszek said:

Hello

There seems to be something wrong with the Acamar_SolarLab_1 solar panels.  It seems that the point that is used to detect whether the solar panel has power or not is very close to the mounting point of the part.  So close that if just a tiny portion of the very bottom of the array is covered, the whole thing is useless.  I tried to change the cfg to fix this but it looks like that setting is not in the cfg.

It seems like I only come here now and then to talk about what I find wrong with this mod.  That is only because it is so awesome that I use it just about all the time for everything. :)

Here is a picture of it.

Thanks, this has been fixed for the next release (And next GitHub upload).

You all missed the hidden teaser in an older post, but here it is realised! :D 

m4czhpA.png
0vfvWEh.png
OSDcVA0.png

Edited by Beale

14 minutes ago, Beale said:

You all missed the hidden teaser in an older post, but here it is realised! :D 

m4czhpA.png
0vfvWEh.png
OSDcVA0.png

Ooooohhhh!

I've been trying to use the old one, but it has reentry issues that force me to eject the pilot, which is realistic, to be fair ( though Gagarin didn't bounce off the ground before his parachute opened, like Jeb does :D ).

I can't wait to try it out!

8 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Any chance of making the mod compatable with Kerbalism in the near future?

Never heard of it sorry. If somebody makes the configs I will link them on the first page though.

3 minutes ago, Beale said:

Never heard of it sorry. If somebody makes the configs I will link them on the first page though.

Oh, right.

It's a sort of life support mod that adds things like radiation belts, internal craft pressure and solar storms, and it's not really incompatable with Tantares anyway, modded crewed parts don't store any food and water, which isn't really a big deal.

On 5/9/2018 at 3:55 PM, Beale said:

WSYYfs6.png
AzjNN9S.png

Spheres of many types.

I must say I much prefer your Vostok to the one in the expansion pack, though the only thing I think is lacking is the attachment arm that connects it to the service module. I've had some success cosmetically with using one of the Soyuz transmitter arms, but in career mode ('stock' or using my modpack) its generally not available low enough to get used in that way.

If you're bored at some point, consider a restraining arm part.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Vostok_spacecraft.jpg/1200px-Vostok_spacecraft.jpg

7 hours ago, tjsnh said:

I must say I much prefer your Vostok to the one in the expansion pack, though the only thing I think is lacking is the attachment arm that connects it to the service module. I've had some success cosmetically with using one of the Soyuz transmitter arms, but in career mode ('stock' or using my modpack) its generally not available low enough to get used in that way.

If you're bored at some point, consider a restraining arm part.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Vostok_spacecraft.jpg/1200px-Vostok_spacecraft.jpg

Many thanks :) 

Yes! That is something I will absolutely consider.
There will be a lot of texture space left.

6Y3i1kd.png
MMZmXvJ.png
9xEiHqu.png

Edited by Beale