[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

18 hours ago, Hay said:

I'm still on 1.3 since KJR hasn't been updated

Good god man!  AUTOSTRUT!   no worry about "is it compatible with this mod I must have"  and it is ALWAYS UP TO DATE*!

Join the rest of us playing shiny new KSP 1.6.1 (soon to be 1.7)

*of-course it can't be up to date if a KSP release is bugged in such a way to break it  But then that hasn't happened... often

5 hours ago, TK-313 said:

Glad to be of help! Here's also a topical screensaver / spacecraft showcase, because I do believe a few low-res pics are so not enough for reference: http://www.buran.ru/htm/scr_en.htm

Pardon the ask, but isn't the White/Blue color the mock up and not intended for flight?   I ask because the green in some of those pictures is what I would call "Random" Green aka used on most 1970s Radars on Soviet Aircraft (MiG-21, MiG-23 1971edition etc.)  That is Glass Reinforced plastic aka Fiberglass.   Not strong enough nor heat resistance enough for an orbital launch.

17 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Pardon the ask, but isn't the White/Blue color the mock up and not intended for flight?

Correct, this is the paintjob of Skif-D, the technology mockup that never left the workshop. But if there is a white paintjob for the Skif station series (one and only unsuccessfully launched specimen of which was given the name Polyus for press), why not base it on a real piece of hardware, even if it never flew?

Also, the CG picture in my post is artist's impression of a functional Skif battle station as it was meant to be. So, once again, why not?

All this Polyus talk made me feel bad about not having tried it out. Decided on a little test flight

cKJOAAnh.jpg

l4ORPTSh.jpg

Jettison fairing and flip 180 degrees to point engines back

wuuPyVhh.jpg

Select hold prograde for circularisation

lO5og6Jh.png

Guidance computer had different ideas about what prograde was ;.;

HP3lIsnh.jpg

WooQT7ih.jpg

:mad:

Edited by Zorg

17 hours ago, Drakenex said:

screenshot2.png

Now this I love! :wub:

Spoiler

But the blue stripes will make it the ultimate weapon :D 

3 hours ago, Zorg said:

wuuPyVhh.jpg

Select hold prograde for circularisation

WooQT7ih.jpg

:mad:

Just as planned. :sticktongue:

I love these so much, it is like seeing the parts in a whole new light, many thanks!

aYqeFik.jpg
BJnEWIl.png

Edited by Beale

49 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

screenshot4.png

Coming Soon!

Now we are cooking with gas a one megawatt carbon-dioxide laser.

Nice!

otif498.png

It occurs to me that I forgot the little metal antennas there...

(Ignore the stencils, they may not make the final cut).

9miOuVb.png
NZ5EME6.png
OB2z3RL.png

Edited by Beale

Is this engine for the Soyuz revamp? If I could suggest two things to have at some point to this mod, it would be retrorockets and a hard fairing for Soyuz so it can simulate launch escapes like they function irl.

Also, does anyone have a good Kerbalism config? I'd like to use it as a basis for some of my own MM tweaks.

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

12 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Is this engine for the Soyuz revamp? If I could suggest two things to have at some point to this mod, it would be retrorockets and a hard fairing for Soyuz so it can simulate launch escapes like they function irl.

Also, does anyone have a good Kerbalism config? I'd like to use it as a basis for some of my own MM tweaks.

No, he's remaking the RD-216 for Kosmos 3

22 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Good god man!  AUTOSTRUT!   no worry about "is it compatible with this mod I must have"  and it is ALWAYS UP TO DATE*!

Join the rest of us playing shiny new KSP 1.6.1 (soon to be 1.7)

I prefer using KJR, means I don't have to individually autostrut each part, which is annoying and time consuming, especially with larger and complicated vessels. Besides, the new updates haven't added anything significant besides stock color switching.

9 minutes ago, Hay said:

I prefer using KJR, means I don't have to individually autostrut each part, which is annoying and time consuming, especially with larger and complicated vessels. Besides, the new updates haven't added anything significant besides stock color switching.

Oh, I don't know.  There was that big memory hole/leak that they fixed.   Also some good bug-fixes.  And if you are into the stock parts they have been somewhat make Porkjet-Like.  It isn't the same work that Porkjet did before leaving but it is more his style of part making.   Besides I routinely launch 200+ part birds with this game.   Less than 30 seconds to autostrut most of them.   But I agree Autostrut should be Choose at time of placement, not come back after the fact and then use it.   As I have said previously.   *I* can't use KJR because it adds too much squirillyness in my game given some of the other mods that I have.   Hence my statement in my previous post.

Now to get back to the topic of hand... that of Beale's great mod!   I have only recently switched from SSTU to this mod (due to a fuel "reasons".)    So I ask forgiveness for this question.  in the past few pages I have seen many references to -E ships (Soyuz etc)   What does the -E mean/designate?

1 hour ago, Pappystein said:

in the past few pages I have seen many references to -E ships (Soyuz etc)   What does the -E mean/designate?

For the Soyuz rocket, we currently have "E" alternate models for a more accurate size, to enable them - apply _E to the name of the model in the part config, e.g:

uBSIS3h.png

MODEL
{
    model = TantaresLV/Parts/SOYUZ/Soyuz_1_Decoupler_1_E
}

RjEzuOV.jpg
pdPAs6Y.png

1 minute ago, Beale said:

For the Soyuz rocket, we currently have "E" alternate models for a more accurate size, to enable them - apply _E to the name of the model in the part config, e.g:

So I assume that that means a lot of CFG editing.   That's cool. Before I try to automate this has anyone done a MM patch to do this?

Further and more importantly.  NICE model! great work there!   BTW I love your modelling tutorial.   Allowed me to make some parts and taught me the difference between the world of CAD that I grew up in and 3D modelling.  Now if I only had the Time/Money/Patience to do texturing :P

2 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

So I assume that that means a lot of CFG editing.   That's cool. Before I try to automate this has anyone done a MM patch to do this?

Further and more importantly.  NICE model! great work there!   BTW I love your modelling tutorial.   Allowed me to make some parts and taught me the difference between the world of CAD that I grew up in and 3D modelling.  Now if I only had the Time/Money/Patience to do texturing :P

Happy the tutorial was useful :) 

Unfortunately, I don't think anybody made a patch for that (To be fair, I probably should have). The alternative models were implemented before stock mesh-switching, so I might look at that in future if 1.3 is still relatively unused.

Just now, Beale said:

Happy the tutorial was useful :) 

Unfortunately, I don't think anybody made a patch for that (To be fair, I probably should have). The alternative models were implemented before stock mesh-switching, so I might look at that in future if 1.3 is still relatively unused.

Well after I figure out what is causing Realchutes to be called in my game (I don't have RealChutes installed currently) causing several sets of Parachutes to fail to work I will start working on a patch... I don't know if it will work (am better than a Neophyte but not by much when it comes to MM) but I will give it a go.

1 hour ago, Beale said:

uBSIS3h.png

MODEL
{
    model = TantaresLV/Parts/SOYUZ/Soyuz_1_Decoupler_1_E
}

Where do we get the E variant models?  Neither the Github or Spacedock links on the main page include the ones shown in Beale's post.

1 minute ago, overkill13 said:

Where do we get the E variant models?  Neither the Github or Spacedock links on the main page include the ones shown in Beale's post.

They should be part of the standard TantaresLV download.

4 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Aquila FT-S2 fuel tank appears to have twice as much fuel inside for it's size and compared to the other tanks in the Aquila line.

Thanks, fixed for next release / patch.

4 hours ago, MaverickSawyer said:

And now, for something completely different...

qyJR1hJ.png

Fuji?

plmusf5.jpg

Really cute little craft! It's a practical design really.

Liker du å gå på tur? Dette skal bli elskes av deg!
Starting to put new Kosmos parts in, Github tomorrow hopefully, but it needs some cleaning!

PFlUhIP.png
sIuTXEJ.png
Bs2uY1t.png
0d7VID3.jpg

Edited by Beale