[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

10 hours ago, wallum61 said:

For when you want an Atlas LV-3C but in Soviet glory... 

I certainly could include a version of the fuselage with fuel :wink:

3 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

@Beale May I sincerely request, once this Polyus update is out, that you finish voskhod the linear control cores before you work on the FGB engines?

EDIT: Also, please please please make monoprop variants of the Progress control cores!

The FGB engines are surprisingly difficult due to their variety, so I am not sure how long that may take.

In the meantime, I expect the control cores will be a quick project.

re: progress - maybe, I have some thoughts on this.

What happened to the analogue for the MIR TRAVERS antenna that is mounted to the PRIRODA module. I seem to recall that both Tantares and Contares had one but now it seems to have disappeared.  

Or if anyone has a better idea to serve as the TRAVERS array im open to suggestion. I'm trying to recreate the Soviet space program mission by mission and im stuck with MIR due to this. (don't wanna give up the dream)

14 hours ago, kopapaka said:

Sport Space Ship...SportSpaceShip.jpg?ver=0

11 hours ago, kopapaka said:

KSP style- more booster

This craft is so cute! And the station... :D That's a nice launch vehicle

Is the station inspired from this?

mir288s.jpg

13 hours ago, grayal said:

What happened to the analogue for the MIR TRAVERS antenna that is mounted to the PRIRODA module. I seem to recall that both Tantares and Contares had one but now it seems to have disappeared.  

Or if anyone has a better idea to serve as the TRAVERS array im open to suggestion. I'm trying to recreate the Soviet space program mission by mission and im stuck with MIR due to this. (don't wanna give up the dream)

You have a long memory! :wink: 

I removed the travers about three years ago because it wasn't so great, basic flat white panels instead of the IRL mesh.
I want to do Travers really strongly, but it's a difficult thing to approach, with three options:

• Create a "lookalike" with a solid body instead, just a large folding array.
  • Create a scaling mesh body with a transparent texture (I think this is how Contares does it?)
  • Create a fully rigged mesh body that unfolds somehow.

The first would be very easy, but really looks nothing like the real thing, and the third would be a bit beyond my abilities right now. The second is a good compromise, but it's difficult to make it look good.

sts086-718-019-sts-086-soyuz-spacecraft-and-travers-antenna-on-mir-space-station-435bb8-1600.jpg

14 hours ago, grayal said:

Contares has a TRAVERS Antenna.

screenshot102,medium.2x.1491769754.png

Hi Beale, I have a request. Apologies in advance, since this might be a bit of a challenge.

Do you know if you could add the LEK (lunar expeditionary complex) to the game?

Websites to research on - Encyclopedia Astronautica, Russian space web, some unfinished Orbiter mod.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Salmon said:

Hi Beale, I have a request. Apologies in advance, since this might be a bit of a challenge.

Do you know if you could add the LEK (lunar expeditionary complex) to the game?

Websites to research on - Encyclopedia Astronautica, Russian space web, some unfinished Orbiter mod.

Thanks!

It is in the pipeline to make at some stage, for sure.

Just now, Beale said:

Sorry - to phrase it another way, it is planned, but there is other things to make first :)

G09uQhL.png
PFTD26x.png

Thanks! Those are some sweet new RCS thruster blocks too!

Just now, Beale said:

Random experiments in fabric

Don't expect anything concrete from this, it might go nowhere :wink: 

axyVO8t.png

I think you should just steal off the DLC.

Looking good so far. I think it needs to look a bit more "bloated."

Thermal blankets at long last! :) The "paneled" look doesn't fit all that well (blankets look better as monolithic, or at least in large pieces), and it could use visible "rumples", on the curved parts especially, but it's certainly a start. MH did have it well done, but for a truly superior implementation, look no further than ReStock and SSPX. 

Not sure if anyone else can help with this one. I've search for this on the forums and found some info but no real solution. 

My Tantares Parachutes for Soyuz do not work. 

What i mean by that is this. After deploying, the chute comes out, the craft slows down to about 280 m/s initially then while falling to the full opening altitude itll slow down to about 255 m/s and thats about it. 

Needless to say the craft then hits the ground turning my Kerbals into a lime colored jelly. 

I have tried MANY different variables from pressure to altitude. My reentry angle is fine. More importantly ALL other chutes from stock to other mods work fine. Only tantares seem to be affected. 

They were working prior to a mod install which i suspect was Realchutes. I have removed the realchutes mod but have not tested it yet cuz i had to leave for work. 

Can ANYONE shed any light on this issue?