[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

Some content has been removed from this thread.

Folks, there's no problem with disagreeing.

There is a problem with rude/insulting/personal remarks.

Let's keep it civil if we can't be friendly.

Thank you for your understanding.
KSP Moderation Team

8 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Totally not my point... but okay. I guess Restock and Restock+ are now required for Tantares. No problem.

No, as @MashAndBangers correctly points out, this is one craft file, neither Restock or Restock+ are required for Tantares or TantaresLV, this is indisputable.

If you have a point to make, please elaborate fully, English is not my first language and I need more than one sentence to get a full context.

8 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

The new Soyuz parts are truly superb, just tried them all out for the first time. Amazing!

Seeing as both Soyuz orbital engines have now switched to using monopropellant, am I correct in assuming the Progress control segment will be switched to contain monoprop instead of LFO?

Still TBD on this, I considered switching most orbital engines to monoprop, since a lot of crafts IRL share the same propellant for both attitude and main engine.

Of course the alternative is making the RCS LF/OX

If all monoprop, sure, Progress will be updated accordingly.

4 hours ago, axisxyz said:

Thanks for the amazing mod updates.
Flying with the new Soyuz is fun.
By the way, the portrait of the first crew of the lk1 capsule is dark. There may be a problem with the position of the camera.
Sorry if you already know this.

I keep meaning to fix this, I will take another look thanks.

Edited by Beale

21 hours ago, Beale said:

J7B4d1N.jpg
bsBZVMX.jpg

Is this a reference to something I dont understand?

7 hours ago, Beale said:

switching most orbital engines to monoprop, since a lot of crafts IRL share the same propellant for both attitude and main engine.

Of course the alternative is making the RCS LF/OX

If all monoprop, sure, Progress will be updated accordingly

KSP is not IRL, if you dont, I will make a patch to make the engines like they were before

7 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

KSP is not IRL, if you dont, I will make a patch to make the engines like they were before

Qp45SP1P3PbbO.gif

How to create a github account.

How to fork a github repo

VS code

How to create a github release (when your brand new Tantares offshoot mod is finished)

Make sure to maintain things from then on out!  It's your responsibility, forever!

LOK

8UXpoUY.jpg

Edited by Beale

On 1/13/2020 at 11:42 PM, bokrif said:

I created a new USI Life Support patch. Now I need to fix some glitches otherwise it will be ready. Also I need to understand how to make a pull request. Can somebody help with explaining me that?

Teaser: This is the description I made for the patch:

Reveal hidden contents

//    The general idea was that if Beale made Tantares parts for us to make VA/LK/Salyut/Progress/Soyuz/Mir/Polyus-like vessels than those who 
//    use the great USI-Life Support should be able to achieve Salyut/Progress/Soyuz/Mir/Polyus-like capabilities regarding life support.
//    It was kind of easy to achieve this for crew vehicles because I was able to look it up the approximaty supply capacities. For the rest it was
//    more difficult.
//    I made a research and checked every data I could find about the Salyut-7 program and its flights and other. So the Salyut-7 become the reference.
//    Making the Mir a reference proved to be more difficult for me due to all these different parts, so with this patch a Mir-replica would have
//    much larger capacities of supplies, recyclers and habitation. It got overpowerd. Sorry.
//    Also this reference means that RoverDude's original suggestions for USI-LS values are not used (ref: USI-LS wiki).

//    Salyut-7 had expeditions that spent ~half a year up in there. They were regularly visited by Progress resupply vessels. I made the assumption
//    that these carried significant amount of food, some water and other kind of supplies the crew needed. Based on the timeline I put together
//    usually these regular Progesses went up bi-monthly. So I assumed they could carry 2 months of supplies for the standard crew of 2. These
//    become the reference numbers. You can build a Salyut out of 2 crewed part in Tantares, so a smaller and larger hab part should be able to
//    provide 6 kerbal-months of habitation for a crew of 2. I added supply capacities to almos all parts.
//    Also because most of the parts have two variants, one with a small window, one without one, I decided I give those two variants different
//    capabilities. The windowless one become supply storage and recycle parts, the other the habitats. Larger parts can combine these two.
//    A Progress-replica would be able to provide 2 kerbal-months of supplies for a crew of 2 without recyclers.
//    Also if you intend to use the recycler patched parts than you would not have their habitat capacities, so such a Salyut would be able to
//    sustain its crew of 2 with fewer supplies but for a shorter time. Now you have the incentive to send up a new module with recycle parts for
//    improvement.
//    Also, I decided to not include any supplies for the VA-like return vehicle (part: Alnair LK1 'Måneskraper' Capsule) because that one was 
//    intended for only reentry. If you are using that in other than a TKS-replica, you need to creative with supplies and habitation.
//    The Polyus-like Rotanev parts got enhanced capacities so I could provide some bonuses for these advanced large parts. The windowless Rotanev
//    become an agroponics unit for your advanced stations or maybe interplanetary vessels...
//    Airlock parts are omitted for balance reasons.

//    Recycler names: "SRV-K"/"SRV-K2"/"Elektron"/"Elektron-M2" Life Support Recycler. SRV-K was a water recovery system onboard Salyuts. 
//    SRV-K2 was the same but on Mir. Elektron was a water-to-oxygen converter, still used on ISS. Elektron-M2 is an imaginary improved Elektron for
//    advanced station modules (Polyus-like).
//    Vozdukh is not mentioned here but it is a CO2 removing system.
//    The Rotanev agropony uses a system named "Vitatsikl-DP". Vitatsikl-T is a planned bio-regenerative life support system (BLSS) research for ISS.
//    The DP variant is an imaginary advanced-long term version (DP) of it.

For those who are interested here is my USI LS patch for testing.

https://github.com/bokrif/Tantares/tree/USI-LS-patch/GameData/Tantares/Patches/USI

I will try to do a pull request when I feel it is finished.

14 hours ago, Beale said:

Github doesnt work for me so ill just post it here after you finish the release x}

2 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

Github doesnt work for me so ill just post it here after you finish the release x}

You can post anything here, but it will not be integrated or supported in any official capacity. Any issues or questions would be your responsibility.

Edited by Beale