[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

15 hours ago, wallum61 said:

If you click on the Github or SpaceDock links in the OP you can still download older versions that will contain the parts you're after.

Actually they can be found in \Tantares\Parts\SOYUZ\DEPRECATED

_soyuz_habitation_2
_soyuz_orbital_2

Edit: so they show up easily if I tweak it a little bit, but the textures are sadly very basic:

Spoiler

sbmWYh5.png

Edited by bokrif
found it out

4 hours ago, Friznit said:

I've listed it under Vostok along with some of the other R-7 variants.  My crazy logic being that people would be most interested in building Sputnik, Vostok and Soyuz because they're the most famous ones, and whilst Luna/Voskhod/Molniya/Polyot were all variations along the way, there's a limited amount you can do with the available parts in game - e.g. there's no S1.5400 engine (that I know of) for the Blok-L fourth stage on Molniya, though you could kitbash something with any suitably small vacuum engine.

This makes sense. With the historical craze just thought some Venus love might be in order. Given the parts, the info you've provided looks great.

4 hours ago, Beale said:
11 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

2) Unmanned craft with the Hamal 1 or 2 command modules, plus the Hamal SAS reaction wheel unit, don't allow use of "target" nor "maneuver" SAS. The VAB part text says I should have those modes. Is this a known problem? If not I'll post screenshots and logs.

Thanks, I will investigate.

I did some more testing and think all 3 avionics modules listed below share a common issue; they are adding zero SAS modes even though the VAB window says they have all SAS modes. To replicate the problem, build a simple craft:

• Sputnik (or any other core without any SAS)
  • Hamal CA1 Avionics Hub
  • Andromeda VK3 Avionics Package
  • Ara R25K Avionics Hub

Put craft onto launch pad and click SAS button. KSP displays a warning "no operational SAS Modules and no pilots aboard", despite having 3 parts that are supposed to have SAS.

I cheated the craft into orbit. Reaction wheels for all 3 are good so the modules aren't completely dead, just the SAS portions.

@Beale That would be awesome. 
Yes there is a Mir module, but (this might just be me getting old and foggy memory) it seems to have something missing at the pointy end. - and ofc the rest of mir :D

@Friznit I found some old craft files on KerbalX but they dont work, so i would appriciate the help :)

@Both I would love to help, i did a bit of fumbling and made a very basic docking module back in the Bobcat days, but due to IRL event my modding skills got fryed. But i might be able to help with textures :) 

Edited by Frandsen

On 2/21/2020 at 2:26 PM, Friznit said:

But all the craft file in the dropbox link in the OP work fine.

A couple notes about the "crafts.zip" file located in the dropbox linked from the OP. Most of the craft show "Unknown Part Modules" errors in the load screen. The culprits are KIS, and Kopernicus solar panels. I'm confident enough about the KIS errors not being much of a problem, but the ones that say "KopernicusSolarPanels" I'm less sure about, because it sounds like a solar panel from the build won't be showing up.

21 hours ago, bokrif said:

Actually they can be found in \Tantares\Parts\SOYUZ\DEPRECATED

_soyuz_habitation_2
_soyuz_orbital_2

Edit: so they show up easily if I tweak it a little bit, but the textures are sadly very basic:

Reveal hidden contents

sbmWYh5.png

On 2/24/2020 at 8:08 AM, Gunslinger1 said:

I just noticed that the old shenzhou parts aren't in the latest update. Anyone know how I can go about getting those parts back? 

You can copy textures from previous version (v20.0) and replace placeholder textures of deprecated parts.

For parts themselves just delete line "TechHidden = True" and assign some category to them in part *.cfg files, for example "category = Utility".

I restored few parts like this and from what I tested, they are fully functional. For parts with crew you will also likely need to assign some appropriate internal spaces.

So if anyone misses some older parts, you can just go through "DEPRECATED" folder and restore them :wink:

Edited by RagnosCZ

10 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

I really want to take this update... but will it break any existing craft? My save is from 2015..

Unfortunately it will break quite a few of your craft, but hopefully you get the same glitch/feature/something that I got where the next boot after you update the old parts remain, but the textures are broken. Replace the broken parts with unbroken ones before restarting again. Do NOT uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

Edit: the old parts will ONLY show up during the first boot after you update.

Edited by Mountain Parrot
Extra information

15 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

I really want to take this update... but will it break any existing craft? My save is from 2015..

I don't think anything that old will be compatible unfortunately. Part names have changed multiple times.

You might be able to run modern and old versions of the mod side by side, but no warranty.

9 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

Unfortunately it will break quite a few of your craft, but hopefully you get the same glitch/feature/something that I got where the next boot after you update the old parts remain, but the textures are broken. Replace the broken parts with unbroken ones before restarting again. Do NOT uninstall the old version before installing the new one.

Edit: the old parts will ONLY show up during the first boot after you update.

3 hours ago, Beale said:

I don't think anything that old will be compatible unfortunately. Part names have changed multiple times.

You might be able to run modern and old versions of the mod side by side, but no warranty.

Im using ksp 1.6.1, but the 1.8 compatible version of tantares. all my current craft uses the parts from the 1.8 version. my question is if those crafts will break

2 hours ago, Fredde104 said:

Im using ksp 1.6.1, but the 1.8 compatible version of tantares. all my current craft uses the parts from the 1.8 version. my question is if those crafts will break

Backup your save, but in that case you should be good to go -> crafts using deprecated parts will just appear untextured.

On 2/23/2020 at 1:00 AM, Frandsen said:

Could anyone hook me up with the craft files for this lovely lady ?

I've done a rough build guide for Mir.  I've not documented every module in detail but hopefully it serves as a reference.  I'll chuck the craft files to Beale for adding to the collection - they probably not 100% perfect but good enough.

https://github.com/friznit/Unofficial-Tantares-Wiki/wiki/Mir

Edited by Friznit

Just now, Random Annoying Guy said:

@Zorg

There is no 1.5m soyuz fairing to go with 1.5m soyuz

Unfortunately stock fairing bases cannot be rescaled with a config (or tweakscale) as far as I know. You will need to use a fairing base from another mod (like BDB or Knes) that has 1.5m parts or perhaps more reasonably use procedural fairngs. PF bases can be scaled to any size.

4 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Unfortunately stock fairing bases cannot be rescaled with a config (or tweakscale) as far as I know. You will need to use a fairing base from another mod (like BDB or Knes) that has 1.5m parts or perhaps more reasonably use procedural fairngs. PF bases can be scaled to any size.

I don't have any 1.5m fairing in Knes (I don't have any 1.5m parts btw). I'm little surprised Tantares don't have one ?

Edited by Well

4 minutes ago, Well said:

I don't have any 1.5m fairing in Knes (I don't have any 1.5m parts btw). I'm little surprised Tantares don't have one ?

Oh yeah I was thinking of diamant which is actually 0.9375 isnt it :P. Yeah the optional B9 switch config I made uses the 1.5m models Beale made which arent used by default but I didnt see a 1.5m base there.

2 minutes ago, Zorg said:

Oh yeah I was thinking of diamant which is actually 0.9375 isnt it :P. Yeah the optional B9 switch config I made uses the 1.5m models Beale made which arent used by default but I didnt see a 1.5m base there.

I think a 1.5m fairing was DEPRECATED, here :

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV/tree/master/GameData/TantaresLV/Parts/SOYUZ/DEPRECATED

https://github.com/Tantares/TantaresLV/blob/master/GameData/TantaresLV/Parts/SOYUZ/DEPRECATED/_TLV_2_Fairing_1.cfg

Hey @Beale, whenever I update to the latest/"final" version of Tantares, my craft files (and active vessels) start missing the following parts:

Tantares.RCS.5.E
Tantares.RCS.4
Tantares.RCS.3
Tantares.RCS.2
Tantares.RCS.2.E
Tantares.MOE.2

I'm assuming those are the different RCS ports, which leads me to ask - were they (and if so, why) removed, or just renamed, and how can I reinstate them?

Edit: Version 20 works fine, but I can't find the parts under its folder. At least not by searching for the above lines...

Edit 2: After some manual searching, I found what should match the above tags, only with the "Soyuz" prefix (i.e - Soyuz.RCS.5.E), under the Soyuz\DEPRECATED folder. Any idea what I can do to make them compatible again? Like, can I just rename the part config files? Worst case scenario, of course, is that I'd have to evacuate and then nuke every conflicting active vessel I have on my save, which regrettably is most of my crewed vehicles, including the Munar Base/Outpost and supporting Station I've been working on for the better part of the last 3-4 months...

Edit 3:

OK. So after some testing, the following doesn't work:

• Tried removing the "TechHidden = True" from the part config files and editing their "category = " line accordingly.
  • Tried reinstating the part config files from version 20 into the Soyuz/DEPRECATED folder, replacing the original ones.
  • Tried changing the "name = " line of each part's config file to match the above quoted lines.

I'm starting to think the issue is with the save file itself and how the vessels are compiled, which would mean this would be way harder to remedy than initially thought... Plan 239Pu: Evacuate & Nuke is now in an active planning phase, though I'm not giving up yet...

Edited by BananaDealer