[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

7 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Is there was an ISS Zvezda module craft file? Is it under different name or something?  

It's literally just a Mir core module, of which the craft file is already available

Also welcome to page 751!

Edited by Mountain Parrot

14 minutes ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Why does it seem as if everyone is obsessed with craft files for Tantares? Isn't it more fun trying to make your own crafts?

I guess a lot of people want to recreate historical craft and Soviet/Russian spacecraft are not as well documented as other nations, as I discovered when trying to summarise things on the Tantares wiki.  A fair amount of info you dig up is speculative or simply bold assertions written by forum warriors who are often as misleading as the sources they are quoting!

7 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

It's literally just a Mir core module, of which the craft file is already available

Also welcome to page 751!

I figured. Thanks anyway!

4 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Why does it seem as if everyone is obsessed with craft files for Tantares? Isn't it more fun trying to make your own crafts?

I just wanted to grab a craft file for my ISS build. I'm not too familiarized with the extensive amount of parts offered by Tantares.  

I prefer my crafts looking correct, rather than some sort of amalgamation between a Soyuz and Crew Dragon.

Hey Soyuz fans, wondering if someone can point out any major known issues using the latest Tantares 21.1 in KSP 1.8.1 rather than KSP 1.9.1?

As with most parts mods, there's not usually a huge problem unless going back to a much older version of KSP. But I thought I'd ask since I'm not intimately familiar with the differences between 1.8.1. and 1.9.1 at this time.

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, scottadges said:

Hey Soyuz fans, wondering if someone can point out any major known issues using the latest Tantares 21.1 in KSP 1.8.1 rather than KSP 1.9.1?

As with most parts mods, there's not usually a huge problem unless going back to a much older version of KSP. But I thought I'd ask since I'm not intimately familiar with the differences between 1.8.1. and 1.9.1 at this time.

Thanks for your help!

I'm using the latest version in 1.8.1 and it works fine with no issues.

If you liked the very old Tantares stuff with a lot of random international craft, you might enjoy what I am working on in the near future.

(separate mod)

G4YRzCh.jpg
YqHUa8d.jpg

Edited by Beale

14 minutes ago, Beale said:

If you liked the very old Tantares stuff with a lot of random international craft, you might enjoy what I am working on in the near future.

(separate mod)

G4YRzCh.jpg
YqHUa8d.jpg

Is that a Cygnus I see?

I am most hyped.

17 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Is that a Cygnus I see?

I am most hyped.

A Beale Cygnus sounds awesome, but knowing Beale it may be something different I think. Lets all hypothesize. Brainstorm, people!!

Also, @Beale, when can we expect a WIP forum page for this mod?

Yeah its a Cygnus, I saw him post somewhere else.

Edited by EStreetRockets

8 hours ago, alberro+ said:

CYGNUS+DRAGON+ATV+PROGRESS+HTV = N I G H T M A R E

I think I've said this to you before, but please don't do this, you have so much to live for!

Actually please make this.

10 hours ago, Mountain Parrot said:

I think I've said this to you before, but please don't do this, you have so much to live for!

Actually please make this.

you have asked for something very evil

prepare

On 5/9/2020 at 6:15 PM, Beale said:

(separate mod)
G4YRzCh.jpgYqHUa8d.jpg

Ahhhh!! Looks amazing! Probably my favorite vehicle of all time for some reason. Could those radiator panels be toggled with a texture or mesh switch of some sort?

♪♫ Boys Are Back In Town ♫♪

JQadNNl.png    IPisbvH.png

MaGJrVI.png    cnMmpav.png

17 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Ahhhh!! Looks amazing! Probably my favorite vehicle of all time for some reason. Could those radiator panels be toggled with a texture or mesh switch of some sort?

♪♫ Boys Are Back In Town ♫♪

MaGJrVI.png   

Oh I remember these PBR experiment, awesome :)

I really like your little greebles there also - I hope to recreate that! (Maybe ATV also???)

You can find more here, but yeah for sure the radiator panels will all be a mesh switch, with 6 options so far:

Tantares 21.2

Major thanks to @Well for not only identifying a whole heap of bugs, but also creating a patch to upgrade all of the Tantares solar panels, which are now looking beautiful.

This fixes a fairly major bug with the second "type-B" APAS port, which can now dock and undock freely.

• - Bug and LOC fixes.
  • - Tweaks to colouration.
  •  - PBR shader for solar panels.

x0egQCR.pngXiLeKzz.png

screenshot122.jpg
screenshot10.jpg
screenshot7.jpg
screenshot4.jpg
screenshot3011.png