[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Soyuz Revamp Again]

Beale

12 hours ago, alberro+ said:

Sorry if I’m out of the loop here, but is it just me, or is the N1 extremely overpowered, even for a JNSQ mission to the Mun?

It's very old (2016), so doesn't have the kind of balancing I would give today unfortunately.

Currently in early stages (pre-production I guess) of re-doing this. but got a few decisions on how to make the most of it (One idea is to use 100PPM textures just to make it more manageable).

Right now the N1 is a little smaller than it should be, but too powerful

200PPM vs. 100PPM

NUU64er.jpg

pyJDL1y.jpg

Old and New

hlcPz6H.jpg

Edited by Beale

3 hours ago, Beale said:

It's very old (2016), so doesn't have the kind of balancing I would give today unfortunately.

but the old size matches up perfectly with the l3 stack...

Edited by Random Annoying Guy

33 minutes ago, Beale said:

I think it still should be, back to 1.7 or so working maybe.

More the point is, don't use it in 1.10 :P

Sincere question, what exactly broke in 1.10? I'm still 1.8.1, so i'm kind of out of the loop.

15 hours ago, Beale said:

Currently in early stages (pre-production I guess) of re-doing this. but got a few decisions on how to make the most of it (One idea is to use 100PPM textures just to make it more manageable).

200PPM vs. 100PPM

NUU64er.jpg

pyJDL1y.jpg

Old and New

hlcPz6H.jpg

Bigger, better, faster, stronger.

1 hour ago, alberro+ said:

Sincere question, what exactly broke in 1.10? I'm still 1.8.1, so i'm kind of out of the loop.

A lot of stuff , to the point where most mods I ve seen don' t work . I don't know of the specifics .

3 hours ago, Random Annoying Guy said:

Still can't make it out, is the top 0.625m?

The top of what ? The VA capsule ?

9 hours ago, alberro+ said:

The main thing broken is the fairings - though there is a fix on the horizon.

Just have to wait for the next 1.10.X patch.

I'm currently testing the VA in 1.10, and it does all work mostly as you may expect, just with broken procedural fairings.

5 hours ago, Nebulagoodies said:

Will stockalike Martian moons ever be updated? I came across it while searching for planet packs and I found it interesting.

If Kopernicus gets into a nice stable state with the latest updates I may pick it back up again.
I actually made way more than was ever released, full scatter support,  better biome maps, better terrain and colour maps.

Edited by Beale

My PTK-S atop an Angara 1.5.
50093794257_4cc914d59a_w_d.jpg50093561746_29847fc035_w_d.jpg

The rocket was a little noodly on the ascent. Using the grey Tantares 1.5 D tank instead of 2 white C tanks, while less authentic, works better. The R-01209 engine is very quiet compared to other engines. I needed to use both an Alnair LES B and an A to be able to pad abort the dual capsules. It might help to have attachment nodes on the tops of the LES to account for that. I don't understand why the attachment node for the short LES A is set 0.6 meters away from the base.