What's your favorite place to visit in KSP?

Qwotty

What's your favorite place to visit?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What's your favorite place to visit?

• Kerbol
    • Moho
    • Eve and its moons
    • Kerbin and its moons
    • Duna and its moons
    • Dres
    • Jool and its moons.
    • Eeelo

I love Jool. Looking at from LKO with Distant Object Enhancement, it looks so enticing, and the fact that there are plenty of diverse places to visit make it seem less barren and desolate (I'm looking at you, Dres).

I wuv Duna...

I tend to think its the other 'real' atmosphere planet; because Eve is a pain in the bum to do anything on, and Laythe is very similar to Kerbin with less land...

Duna also feels wildly different to Kerbin, but not really hard/annoying to land on (like Eve), and the fact it has an atmosphere (fun for planes and aerobraking) + low gravity (easier landings and fun EVA jet packs) makes it even funner for me!

Good poll, I had a hard time making my mind up. There are still some planets I've never even got a transfer-window to because I tend to restart my games a lot. I seem to have most fun going to Moho and I've got a soft-spot for Duna/Ike because it was my first interplanetary landing. Then again, Jool's moons just make it so interesting ... so in the end I voted for Kerbin because there's so much you can do so quickly.

I am always a little tempted to vote for the underdog, but Sun orbit, except low orbit where it gets huge, is just too empty; Moho I've been once and didn't like it there, it feels a bit like a hot slightly larger Mun that is waay to much trouble to get to, but even more so return from; Dres I probably like a bit more than the average player, but not enough to vote for.

And now we get to the positive side of this post. I feel that for me there is no real other option than to vote for Jool. That vote is actually made easier because it contains about a third of the celestial bodies in the game, so the awesomeness that pervades Kerbin system is more concetrated there.

I consider Mun as my favorite destination, It's not very time consuming and can still be moderately challenging and fun. So if I had a while (this is the hardest part of the challenge) to play KSP, mun mission is a prefect choice.

I consider Mun as my favorite destination, It's not very time consuming and can still be moderately challenging and fun. So if I had a while (this is the hardest part of the challenge) to play KSP, mun mission is a prefect choice.

I agree, Mun is still a great place to go (and is time efficient!). I love all the destinations, but Mun is where I go the most, either for a quick mission or for testing landers. It also has more to see (in terms of anomalies and biomes) and I really like its pole regions.

I think Minmus is my favourite at the moment, because:

1. Its inside Kerbin's sphere of influence and therefore pretty easy to get to (although its orbit and small size can be a bit of a pain)

2. Although the low gravity makes an encounter a bit harder than the Mun, that low gravity also makes it easier to work with once you're there. Don't need so much fuel/rocket power to do stuff

3. Easier to land on than most other moons/planets because it has those big frozen lakes (which look awesome with the EVE mod too)

4. IMO its a more interesting place to visit than the Mun because it just looks cooler :P

When I say visit, I mean orbit. It's a little hard to land on Jool/Kerbol.

I've put plenty of things into Kerbol orbit... didn't MEAN to put them there, but I did.

So I guess that means Kerbol is my favourite?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.