[1.2] NavHud - a NavBall inspired Heads Up Display - 1.3.3

Ninenium

Sweet! One of my favorite mods :)

You should update the thread title, though to reflect 0.90.

Well, that'll be up to Ninenium. He just needs to check my changes, pull them into his repo, and make a release the usual way. And I love that you love NavHud. Love your videos! :)

All creds go to Addle for this one. :) (This is same build as his 1.1.3-rc0 version)

version 1.1.3:

- Fixed bug where map view setting wasn't being saved and restored.

- Burn calculations now take into account reducing mass during the burn.

It would be awesome if you could Integrate the waypoint from Fine Print in the NavHud. It would make my Kerbal Life so much easier
I fourth this. Since fineprint now integrated into ksp, makes sense to add it's support to the mod.

I will take a look at adding that waypoint for FinePrint in the near future. Unless Ninenium beats me to it. A bit busy, being the holiday season, but I'll try and find the time as soon as I can. :)

And yes, AppLauncher support is something I need to do. I don't personally use it much and prefer Toolbar, but I'd rather it use the AppLauncher than the custom button we have now when Toolbar isn't installed.

Helix935, not sure exactly what you mean. The lines are visible from IVA through the windows, if you have the hud turned on.

hey all, I've been looking at the waypoint integration to check how easy/difficult it is, and already got some basic functionality working. :D

About the toolbar/Applauncher: I agree with Addle. The current custom button should be replaced by the applauncher. I will start on this after finishing the waypoint integration though.

EDIT: Also encountered a bug: Navhud will spam the log with "NullReferenceExeption" if you haven't unlocked patched conics. (It tries to check for maneuvernodes in the FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.patchedConicSolver object which is Null)

Edited by Ninenium
forgot to tell about bug

I will take a look at adding that waypoint for FinePrint in the near future. Unless Ninenium beats me to it. A bit busy, being the holiday season, but I'll try and find the time as soon as I can. :)

And yes, AppLauncher support is something I need to do. I don't personally use it much and prefer Toolbar, but I'd rather it use the AppLauncher than the custom button we have now when Toolbar isn't installed.

Helix935, not sure exactly what you mean. The lines are visible from IVA through the windows, if you have the hud turned on.

hey all, I've been looking at the waypoint integration to check how easy/difficult it is, and already got some basic functionality working. :D

About the toolbar/Applauncher: I agree with Addle. The current custom button should be replaced by the applauncher. I will start on this after finishing the waypoint integration though.

EDIT: Also encountered a bug: Navhud will spam the log with "NullReferenceExeption" if you haven't unlocked patched conics. (It tries to check for maneuvernodes in the FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.patchedConicSolver object which is Null)

You Guys are the best, thx alot. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Happy new year everyone!! version 1.1.4 is out!

version 1.1.4:

- Added Waypoint support.

- Fixed bug "NullReferenceExeption" when patched conics isn't unlocked.

Awesome stuff, I know what a pain it is to get some of that waypoint stuff working right...

I haven't had a chance to play with this, but have a question - how do we make this and In-Flight Waypoints compatible? Specifically, if a user wants both mods how do they pick which mod to use for waypoint rendering? On my side I'm planning to add some configuration file settings to turn individual features off - that way if they prefer to use NavHud for rendering, they can.

• 3 months later...

So, I have a version working for KSP 1.0 on my github, but I still need to merge some of Ninenium's code into it from his last update, I believe, and put out another release candidate for him. I will do this tonight, but I've been up for a long time and I must sleep first.

If you really can't wait, then you can use the version at https://github.com/RealGrep/NavHud/releases . It works in 1.0. But expect an update from me in the next 12 hours. I assume Ninenium will then pull my changes and release an official version, as per usual. :)

Enjoy, and more coming soonish.

Ok, sorry about forgetting to merge Ninenium's waypoint stuff in first. Release kept my busy and sleepless, so I didn't have time. I have now found the time.

A new version is up at the usual place: https://github.com/RealGrep/NavHud/releases

This is the same, working in 1.0, but with the waypoint functionality. Off to you, Ninenium! :D

I assume Ninenium will then pull my changes and release an official version, as per usual. :)
Done!

Awesome work Addle. I probably wasn't be able to release a new build before this weekend myself. So thanks a lot!

Well, I did a quick recompile of NavHud against KSP 1.0.1 and bumped up the version number to 1.2.0.1.

Note that version 1.2.0 likely works just fine on 1.0.1. Recompile is just in case, and of course, .version file for KSP-AVC is updated so it won't complain at you.

You can find it at the totally unsurprising location of https://github.com/RealGrep/NavHud/releases

m4ti140, that really doesn't seem like an issue with NavHud. We don't really touch the staging in any way, nor have I heard of this problem from other NavHud users. If you can reproduce that error with only NavHud installed, and can get me a log to go with it, I will take a look, though.

SanderB, thanks for the suggestions. We'll keep that in mind when we have time for new features.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.