[1.2] NavHud - a NavBall inspired Heads Up Display - 1.3.3

Ninenium

I love this mod (of course I do, my video's in the first page), but would it be possible to be able to selectively disable ONLY waypoints? I prefer the way Waypoint Manager displays waypoints, but I want to keep the other markers for NavHud such as prograde, radial, etc. Right now, I seem to only be able to toggle ALL markers at once. Maybe split them between nav markers and waypoints?

I love this mod (of course I do, my video's in the first page), but would it be possible to be able to selectively disable ONLY waypoints? I prefer the way Waypoint Manager displays waypoints, but I want to keep the other markers for NavHud such as prograde, radial, etc. Right now, I seem to only be able to toggle ALL markers at once. Maybe split them between nav markers and waypoints?

Yeah, that's a high priority thing for me to fix, actually. I also have both showing, and it's rather unnecessary. Thanks for reminding me. :)

Hey, I just pushed two changes to github: Changed default button to one in the applaucher and added option to disable the waypoint.

I hope you didn't spent to much time on that fix jet Addle :blush:.

Hey, I just pushed two changes to github: Changed default button to one in the applaucher and added option to disable the waypoint.

I hope you didn't spent to much time on that fix jet Addle :blush:.

Great! Well, I actually finished implementing it. But I won't complain. It literally took me 5 minutes (even worked the first shot!). lol

I'm also implementing an option to hide things when you hit F2 to hide the UI. Following the principle of least surprise, it will default to hide it when you hide the UI, but there's a new toggle for it in the settings. I also put the settings into two columns since it was getting a little long. That'll give us more space for more toggles, if needed. Anyway, what I'll do is merge your changes to mine, and we can push that back to yours. It's just undergoing some testing before I check it in.

Great news on the AppLauncher stuff, too. Next version will be nice. Oh yeah, and I'm also putting a wildcard into the max version of KSP supported (in the KSP-AVC .version file) so it won't complain for anything like 1.0.*. That will save us some headaches. It should not really break on 1.0.x versions.

Anyway, everyone, shouldn't be too long before we release the next version.

EDIT: Ok, Ninenium, code merged and pushed. Tested, and seems to all work well. Thanks! :)

Edited by Addle

I like what you did to the menu, Addle!

Great! Well, I actually finished implementing it. But I won't complain. It literally took me 5 minutes (even worked the first shot!). lol
Haha, I expected you did. As it was pretty straight forward fix. (Makes me wonder why I didn't do it a while back..)

Anyway, a new version with the before mentioned changes is available for download from the usual places.:sticktongue:

Great mod! This is finally the intuitive interface I was looking for docking, and if your horizontal speed is low, it can also show the place your lander is about crash, I mean, litobreak, I mean, land.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, really love this mod, finally this made docking for me enjoyable since my ol' mj autodock noobish times xD

But, i'm missing some stats: Closest Distance within 1 Orbit and Time to closest Distance. Please add them!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Spheniscine said:

Question: is there a way to increase visibility of the NavHud against ice? When flying toward the poles of Kerbin, the markers are extremely hard to see.

Hmmm... I'm not sure about the markers themselves, but i know you can changes the number, thickness, and color of the grid lines in the settings... Check there to see if the markers can be changed too...

• 2 months later...

Version 1.3.0 for KSP 1.1 is now online

All kudos go to iPeer, for porting NavHud to 1.1!

There is still at least one bug though. The texture of the waypoint is not loaded in properly. I haven't been able to find a fix for this jet.

On 18-4-2016 at 0:55 PM, SkyKaptn said:

@Ninenium Are there any plans of further developement?

I'm personally not planning any new features for this mod (if that is what you mean). I will try to keep it updated with newer KSP versions though.

Many thanks to Ninenium and iPeer. This mod is among my favorites, and I am glad -and relieved- that a 1.1 compatible version is available.

One thing though, CKAN does not seem to be aware of the update - is this on purpose ?

Edited by Acanith
Spelling

I just came here to say:

What a seriously great mod, it improved the accuracy of all my maneuvers, especially those in flight to low orbit, perfect ascends through FARs air (which the SAS can only do with rockets that have a certain ascend profile and aerodynamic/mass properties)

I'm wondering something like a function to extrapolate above which pitch a craft would stall and show this in the same hud is probably not possible?

I only know of mods that can calculate that info (FAR, NEAR and correct Centre of Lift)

anyhow really great mod, so much more accurate than the navball

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.